SarahC07

Ever locked your keys in your car?

I'm really confused how people do this these days...

I mean you have a keyfob... you close the door... you press the lock button. The car can have autolocking, but that is stupid.. just press the damn button to lock it.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Geez folks, take your spare key and hide it under the bumper somewhere, affixed with a wire tie or something so it won't jar loose. Oh, and wrap it in saran wrap or something to keep it clean. That technique has saved my ass several times. That way you just get a little dirty crawling under the bumper, but you don't have to wait for a locksmith to arrive, nor pay a ridiculous sum of money.

I suppose now I'll have legions of skydivers crawling under my car at the DZ to find my key so they can steal the car...

Forget the car, with the car unlocked they gonna go for your guns, ammo, knives, C-4, RPG's IED's etc. cars are easy to come by and trace you got the good stuff inside the car.:P:)[:/]

R.i.P.

I locked them in the car twice in the same day.
I also locked them in the car with it runnning on new years eve one year a t Z-hills. My girlfriend was more than a little upset when I was too drunk to break into it so I just busted the window out:D
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

AAA baby! Plus I get really cool maps for free from them for my road trips, and a free tow up to 100 miles, will bring me fuel if I run out, and come change my flat. I also get some kick ass discounts on hotels using the card while out on the road.

What she said...B|

Triple-A is worth it if you drive a lot.

Silly me, I was visiting my dad when my brother was there last year (first time we've all been together in 20 years!) and I locked my keys in my pickup.

No prob - I called AAA on my cell phone and they had it unlocked in about 45 min...B|:D

mh

haha
i locked my keys in my car at rantoul for the first time

somehow i got REAL lucky cuz when i first bought my car i couldnt get my sun roof down and so my friend tried and she ended up breakin the latch that holds it up. so from the outside of the car you can open the sun roof with ur hands cuz no latch is holding it down. well anyway jake (DA GIMP) gets this genius idea to take a tent pole and reach it thru the sun roof and hit the unlock key,
BRILLIANT!!!!
now everytime i lock my keys in i just whip out the swifter and unlock the doors!

~boogie ho!!
pull before impact!
L.A.S.T#14, PMS #309, Ci EL O DI O SA

I have a spare key for my truck in my wallet...I need to do the same for my motorcycle incase I loose the key, but with my truck, having that key has saved my ass more then once...or 6 times for that matter.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have done it several times. It's usually in the winter when I start my truck and then go to clean off the snow. Next thing I know the doors are locked, the truck is running, and I am out in the cold looking for someone to break in for me. I tried the hide a key thing, but my friends tend to move my truck as a joke or steal the beer in the ice chest.

B|
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

We drove together to a new years eve party with another couple and when it was time to leave the designated driver lost his keys.

Someone found them in a women's hair, not his girlfriend who lost sight of him at the party.:o

Happy new year! We even all drove home togother some of us was laughing some very.....quiet

R.I.P.

Kind of funny. The thing that sold me on the particular trim for my truck (King ranch) was the combo-push button keyless entry thingy(big time learning disability when it comes to what side of the closed door the keys belong on). I can't be locked out anymore. I have yet to actually use the key to open the door. Matter of fact, I don't know if the keyhole actually works.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

really surprised about how many people say they locked their keys in the car, engine running

heck not only did my dad loch his key in his car withthe engine rnning, but he did it withthe car in drive!!!!! got stuck in our drivway in the snow and he went to get out and walk up to the house to get myself and my sister to help push himout, well since he was stopped he thought all was god, but his car ws the kind where when the doors close and it's in drive it automaticly locks.. so when he got out and shut the door , it locked....... the other key was with my mom at work and she didn't get home for a couple hours..... we piled even more now infront of the car so it wouldn't break loose.... she finally came home and we got the car freed fromthe snow........

Yayy, the costs of your carelessness are now to be borne by all of your insurance carrier's customers. :|

Just kidding, I know it's not intentional and everyone makes mistakes.

Just this past Sunday, my friend Rebecca and I carpooled to Sebastian to skydive. She got some stuff out of her car to put into mine, and we were off.

When we got back to her house, she realized she had lost her keys somewhere, and with a flashlight I spotted them through her car window, on the floor.

Unable to find her spare in the house (her housemate was there to let us in), we proceeded to try to break into her '96 Honda.

Let me tell you, those windows are sealed up tight.

But...
I'm the MAN. :P

I used a wire coat hanger in conjunction with my Power Tool (the skydive packing tool) to pry the weatherstripping a bit (causing no damage!) and operate the power lock to open the door!

It was breathtaking! B|

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Yes, It had snowed alot and was late at night. I had to call my boyfriend (Brian) to come with another set of keys. He didn't get mad he was just worried about me .
~ Ashley

Awww, that's sweet. :)
Tell me, do you refer to "my boyfriend (Brian)" as if to mean, "as opposed to my other boyfriend (xxxxx)"? :P

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Yes, at the DZ once. Some folks there said the last time it happened, the cops were called and they came out to help. So I called the cops. A guy came with some tools. He had this thing that was a flat piece of metal with kind of a hook shape at the end and a wood handle. I think there's a name for it, but I forget it now.

I went to work on the driver's side and the cop on the passenger's side. Without ever having done anything like this before it took me maybe a minute to unlock the door.

Made me realize just how worthless it is to lock your car. I mean I always realized that if a thief really wanted it, they could take it but this was ridiculously simple. I didn't think it would be that easy for a newbie.

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

really surprised about how many people say they locked their keys in the car, engine running

I leave my truck running with the doors locked all the time when i run into the store or something.:P No big deal, i have one key that stays in the ignition at all times and another on my key ring with the unlock key-fob thingy. I also have a hide-a-key hidden on my truck in a top secret location.B| And yes, that means if anyone ever needs to borrow my truck, the keys are in it, just bring back some beer when you return.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

My sister borrowed my truck and locked the keys in it. Then broke the door trying to jimmy the lock. To her credit she did take the truck in and get the door fixed and the warranty covered it, which kind of shocked me.

So for her birthday I buy one of those little plastic boxes to hold a spare key, take the magnets out of it and put it on a piece of string so she could wear it as a necklace. She ended up throwing it at me :S
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

[:/][:/][:/]

>:(>:(>:(

Oh well, I guess they never heard of Kyoto, or environment...

Don't worry it only means that it may happen to you:o

Not that it will happen to you:)
Do you drive a car:)

R.I.P.