mouth

Christmas Shopping...what to buy the person who has everything?

I am so at a loss on wht to buy several people on my Christmas list. Several of them have two of everything and go out and purchase anything they want when they want it. Others are friends and I would really like to get them something to let them know I'm thinking about them,but I don't know them well enough to know WHAT to get.

[:/]I hate to be alone...so PLEASE tell me you have people like this on your list too. Please.[:/]

I hate gift certificates but ya know they just may well have a place on my list this year. >:( I'll also take any ideas anyone has for the adult who has everything.:)

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Get them some sort of unusual food product. I found that when I was living in Cali near Gilroy, the Garlic capital of the world, gifts from the Garlic Shoppe delighted such folks.

My US$0.02.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

dont buy anything then... write a card, poem a framed picture etc... if they like music/books give them something they might not listen to/read on their own,... honestly i'm one of those people....and i know several as well..

of course i'm terrible about 'gifts on gift days' i tend to buy my friends presents when i wander across something that reminds me of them, or that i know they would love... imo there is nothing worse than getting a present that was obviously bought 'because its that time of year/birthday' instead of something (even something simple) that obvious thought and attention went into, that has meaning to the person who gave it as well… to me there isn’t anything special about getting a gift because its ‘expected’

many of the things i cherish most were given to me not for xmas/birthday etc, but because the person who gave it to me knew i would appreciate it... even when it cost absolutely nothing, and there was no occasion for it…..

I am so at a loss on wht to buy several people on my Christmas list. Several of them have two of everything and go out and purchase anything they want when they want it.

I quit stressing over this years ago.

Since Xmas is mostly for kids, I give them things that were exciting to me at their age, then let their parents worry about it....most of my gifts involve some sort of projectile-firing. :)
I'll make the effort to gift personalized gifts to close lady-friends only....everyone else on my list gets gift certificates....Barnes and Nobles for the readers, Blockbuster for the movie lovers, Sears for the clothes horses, Pro Golf Discount for the golfers, and Target or Walmart for everyone else.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Some of my favorite gifts you can give ANYBODY, are ornaments. You make them as simple or complex as you want. Say buy procelin ornaments at Michael's and some paints and small brushes. You'll impress yourself w/ your results for sure. Santa doesn't always have to have a red suit on. Sometimes purple or green are fun too!!!:)
There are also some really cool beadwork ornaments kits out there, which end up BEAUTIFUL. I'm not quite that patient, maybe I'll work on that!

Good luck! For those who have 'two of everything', now they'll have a
'Lisa Smith xmas 2004 ORIGINAL!!!'
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

If you decide to go with gift certificates, some malls have gift certificates that are good for any place in the mall, so the person is not limited to just one store, they can even be used for restaurants.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Dunno it this helps you, but it might. My husband has a huge family, 10 brothers and sisters, and 10 aunts and uncles and all their kids. And everyone gets together on Christmas Eve and exchanges presents. I try to find something I can get for everyone, not too expensive since I have to buy like 50 gifts. This year what I'm going to get everyone is a "cushi pillow". They sell them at the airports, they're a little pillow that is soooo comfortable and you can use it on planes, in the car or even on the couch at home when watching TV. They were $20 at the airport, but Nordstrom outlet has them for $10 and I'm thinking I can go online and find them for even less since I'd be able to buy in quantity (about 50). And it's something everyone could use and even if they have one they could always use a second one (keep one at home, one with their travel stuff). Anyway, maybe this will help you or not, but that is what I'm going to do.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Others are friends and I would really like to get them something to let them know I'm thinking about them,but I don't know them well enough to know WHAT to get.

oh Lisa you can just get me a new rig:)B|:)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

"The Tingler" - http://www.sitincomfort.com/tingler.html

Everyone needs one of these, and I would bet that most people don't have one.

A few years ago my sister bought one for everyone in the family and it was one of the best gifts ever!

It's a most amazing head rub/massage kind of thing. Very basic, not much too it. Very easy to scoff at and think it's not worth the $20, but I would say that at least half of the people that have used mine have gone out and bought one.

I'll bring mine to the next boogie at The Farm so people can try it out and spread the word!
Killing threads since 2004.

Now Phree, why would anyone in my family or anyone that is younger than me want a membership to POPS? You know I think this is hysterical....but I'm not gonna do it.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.