AggieDave

Emergancy rooms suck.

I spent 4 hours in one Friday night/saturday morning due to my back spasming so hard I couldn't get out of bed. They weren't that much help, except for giving me some pretty strong drugs thats helped me get through that night, yesterday and this morning. I guess karma is a bitch, since I was poking fun at the yankee's weather (its perfect outside), but no jumping for me this weekend.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I spent 4 hours in one Friday night/saturday morning due to my back spasming so hard I couldn't get out of bed. They weren't that much help, except for giving me some pretty strong drugs thats helped me get through that night, yesterday and this morning. I guess karma is a bitch, since I was poking fun at the yankee's weather (its perfect outside), but no jumping for me this weekend.

Shouldn't that mean the warm weather should have returned here??? It's -13F with the winds today! Going to be this way for the next week of so. It will be a blue Xmas simply because you will be frozen!

Hope your feeling better today. Yeah, ER's suck. Even when you bring someone in on a gurney, the wait can be hours. I've seen the look on people waiting when my ambulance pulls up, its "CRAP, bumped again":P

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Friday night Sat morning is busy time in the ER:(

Wait until you see the ER bill.:o

Talk to your Doc and try and only take half of what he prescries for the pain.:)

Then you got a stash for the next time, you got a emergency owee. faster than the ER:P

R.I.P.

Talk to your Doc and try and only take half of what he prescries for the pain.:)

Then you got a stash for the next time, you got a emergency owee. faster than the ER:P

R.I.P.

Good plan! I did that when I had a back spasm that sent me hobbling to my doctor a couple of years ago. I had never felt pain like this -- and I had done NOTHING to bring it on! I just woke up one morning and my back was simply killing me. I could barely reach for a doorknob without an excruciating jolt of pain; I had never before had pain that made me cry out, but this did it.

I am not one for pharmaceuticals, so I asked the doctor if there was something he could give me that was non-narcotic (the last thing I want is to get hooked on pain medication) and he gave me Soma.

I don't even know what the stuff is -- a friend says it's related somehow to Valium -- but it actually did work. A day after the pain was in full swing, I was taking one of these every 4-6 hours and I was actually able to compete in a disc golf tournament in relative comfort! :)
Nick, what did you do to break your jaw and get a concussion?! :o What did they tell you happened that night, since you don't remember? Do you believe them and what they say? :P

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I've seen the look on people waiting when my ambulance pulls up, its "CRAP, bumped again"

I'd rather be the person in the waiting room getting 'bumped' than the person coming in by ambulance in terror thinking they blew an artery in their brain.[:/]

Chris

I had to spend four hours in the ER because my eyes felt like sandpaper and no eye doctor was open for business on a Sunday. I was out of town, reporting to work for a new job the next day and everybody thinks I am hungover my first day on the job because my eyes are redder than a fox's ass. I was diagnosed with the flu and conjunctivitis. That was a nasty combo to get over in one week.

Alright, I've spent the past 2 1/2 days on heavy drugs (heavy for me atleast, probably candy to some skydivers) and proped up in bead with a heating pad on my back.

Morgan gave me my christmas present early since she felt sorry for me (a game boy) so that's been entertaining.:)
Today I feel much better, I'm not even close to 100% I'm I can get up and sit at the computer, so that's good.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, as well as the funny stories and such, it was a pleasure to read.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Feckin' wimps.........
You get a Vert' out of alignment here.....well feck it...spray some 'deep heat' on it ,suck it up and go to work.
If its really sore during the day.......just get some burly co-worker to punch you hard a little higher than you are feelin' ya pain.......that'll sort you out.

And I know there are some of you who will think I'm joking.....well...

Just a note about the pain med shot. I had my back go out a couple of years ago and went to the hospital (as with you they were not alot of help but they offered a shot). The shot cost $340.00 and it was an additional $70.00 fee for administering it. These cost were not covered by my insurance. If I had known it was that much I just would have gotten a couple bottles of wine for $15.00. So from now on if a doctor ask me if I want a shot my first question is how much is that shot going to cost?
Kirk

pain in general sucks... here i am off work with a frikken migrane... two days now... simply lovely... of course i've got good drugs that take away the pain, but they also take away the ability to do much more than sit at home and read/play on the internet...

[:/]