cpoxon

"DiCaprio reveals close encounter with death!"

thank you for finding me a way to respect leotardo even less than before.

heh B|

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

but having read this, I think I'll stick with my original plan and wait for video.

If you really wanted to piss on his parade you could download it and share it.

heh :SB|:D

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

"I used to complain that I had no shoes, until I saw a man with no feet"

"I said to him, 'Perhaps you have a pair of shoes you do not need?'"
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

"Nobody should jump out of an airplane"
I'm glad he said this on Oprah. Think about the demographic! Do you really want that crowd showing up at your local dropzone?

HEY! I fit with that demographic: I am a 35-year-old stay-at-home homeschooling mother of three. And no, I don't party :), but then again, it's none of my business if everybody else does. I don't really care who is slurping tequila out of whose bellybutton :$, all I know is, what was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime tandem jump has led to an obsession, and as soon as I get the money scraped together, I sure do wanna go out there and get my A license. I WANNA FLY! I WANNA GET BACK UP INTO THE SKY! B| So what if in real life I am just a boring suburban mom? :ph34r: I'm not out to cramp your style. P.S. I am not a fan of Leonardo, FWIW.
Kamikaze Kel

How long a delay would YOU leave? :ph34r:

45 seconds....

aww.. I didn't get him? Shame... >:(:ph34r::ph34r:

That would be a cool stunt, but you must consider... What if things went wrong and you DID catch him? [:/]:o>:(

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

How long a delay would YOU leave? :ph34r:

45 seconds....
aww.. I didn't get him? Shame... >:(:ph34r::ph34r:

No way I giving a 45 second delay. That would totally hose me on MY spot!!! LOL:ph34r::ph34r:

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

>>does anyone know this tandem master? he has some explaining to do.<<

Harley can't explain this. Harley is dead.

If he wasn't dead he wouldn't be explaining this (what I remember as being a garden variety pressure knot problem that caused the cutaway) he'd be explaining why he thought it appropriate to commit suicide by tracking into the ground right in front of the AFF first jump course I was teaching . . .

Yes, by virtue of reputation and location, many Hollywood types come through Perris. Back in the day, Kurt Russell used to come out by himself and sit by the Bombshelter just to watch the landings. He liked it because no one, except for maybe a quick hello, bothered him.

The entire cast of "Friends" spent the night on the DZ in a motor home (this is during the first or second season of the show, and most of us didn't know them) until they came tumbling out in the morning to make their tandem jumps. There was a long and heated discussion about the condition they were in, but up they went anyway . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Sorry to hear that - sounds like a story I've heard been told 'round these parts 'bout a guy in GA years back (unless I'm confusing the same person). Traumatized many for a long time - what a shitty thing to do to your friends in the community, but at least he's a peace with his demons now.

Since you were personally familiar with the incident - I'm sure it was a tandem mal - plain and simple. Would have loved to have recorded his screams though!!

I know it's crazy - but I've tried to interpret the news report into 'skydiver' (or skidiver:S) talk.
How about the possibility that this all happened on an AFF jump and at pull-time, he had a hard pull, or no pull 'situation' and the reserve side JM pulled his silver? Couldn't that also be interpreted by the Whuffo Community-at-large as a skydiver 'swooping in to deploy his second parachute'??

Just a :S thought...

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

>NEVER skydive, can the uspa have some sort of comeback to that?

Like what? Some people _should_ never skydive.

Well i am not a lawyer or anything and i will not try to be after i get this comment shut down but.....
The USPA is an organisation, and the DZ is a business, a high profile celebrity goes on national television that goes world wide, lies about something that did not happen the way he said it, made it sound aweful and very unsafe, and tells america to never skydive or try this business's service(well the nanas and lonely housewifes).
Is this not Slandering the organisation of the USPA or defimation?(spel).
Is that not illegal?
What he said sounds like he added a whole lot of bullshit to his story that was untrue.
Or is this what the free country of america calls freedom of speech. I think it is defimation saying this about ones service when it is 70% fabricated.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

ACME!!!
What the hell is up with your avitar???

You little pirate wanna be!!!
B|B|B|B|B|

I think it's hilarious... she did it to aggiedave too - took his and put bunny ears on it. I've only noticed his and yours.

back to your regularly scheduled thread...
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

There are, really and truly, some people who should never skydive.

Edit to add:

Bigway if you don't put a space between your body of the thread and your sig line, I'm going to kick some ass:ph34r:
Flyangel spanking Bigway: How many times do I have to tell you to do that?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

>NEVER skydive, can the uspa have some sort of comeback to that?

Like what? Some people _should_ never skydive.

Well i am not a lawyer or anything and i will not try to be after i get this comment shut down but.....
The USPA is an organisation, and the DZ is a business, a high profile celebrity goes on national television that goes world wide, lies about something that did not happen the way he said it, made it sound aweful and very unsafe, and tells america to never skydive or try this business's service(well the nanas and lonely housewifes).
Is this not Slandering the organisation of the USPA or defimation?(spel).
Is that not illegal?
What he said sounds like he added a whole lot of bullshit to his story that was untrue.
Or is this what the free country of america calls freedom of speech. I think it is defimation saying this about ones service when it is 70% fabricated.

That's like saying "driving is so dangerous, no one should do it!" then Ford suing for slander/libel.

Won't happen.

i think that example is a bit different but i am not stupid, i know nothing would ever happen over this but if he made up lies about an experience he had at a business i owned, i would like to think that i would put him in his place, or at least go on tv with a picture of him pissing in his pants and show what a pussy he really is.
I just hate the thought that anyone who heard him describe it like would have listened to him.....wait a sec, now someone is going to say well who wants people who watch opera to come skydiving, well it seems there is three discussions in these forums about it, so i guess some of you watch that crap.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

13 The first time he went skydiving, his parachute didn't open and he had to freefall until the backup chute deployed.

Uh, so he had a mal on his main and didn't cut away but waited for a Cypres-fire?? Huh?

No no...more likely he had a mal on a tandem and the TM had to chop and go reserve, yeah?? WTF, whuffos never can get a f*cking skydiving story right anyhow...>:(>:(

MORE likey is that he DIDNT have a Mal on a tandem. he was probably supposed to pull at 5000 but couldn't find the ripcord so the TM opened uneventfully..

thats probably what happened

EDIT: after reading the post completely I see that it was a mal ...but I was kinda right about the whole thing being bullshit! LOL never heard the story of the TM's demise either. sorry to hear it
My photos

My Videos

[minihijack]

ACME!!!
What the hell is up with your avitar???

You little pirate wanna be!!!
B|B|B|B|B|

I think it's hilarious... she did it to aggiedave too - took his and put bunny ears on it. I've only noticed his and yours.

(Shhhh....I have about 12 pirated avatars now...including YOURS, Wildblue...>:()
[/minihijack]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

You mean the little shithead didn't yell, "I'm the king of the world!" ????

I'm just disappointed he didn't go splat, all 360 degrees of the compass.

but then we would have had to lose a TM. that wouldnt be cool
My photos

My Videos