skybytch

SoCal jumpers w/ O negative blood

Eric Denney has O negative blood. He's used so much that the Riverside blood bank ran out and they are now having to get it from San Bernadino. He's going to need more.

I know nothing about getting a blood donation to a specific place or person, but I know that O negative is rare. If you have O negative blood, are willing to donate and can make it out to the Riverside or San Bernadino blood banks (or somehow specify that your donation is to go there and be for Eric), please do.

Thanks.

It should be pointed out that while type O-Negative people are considered "universal donors" as their blood can be donated to anyone else.

http://www.americasblood.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=display.showpage&pageID=13#universal_blood_type

Unfortunately, they can only receive blood from other type O-Negative people (8% of the US).

So if you are able to and are type O-Negative, please give some blood!

Bill M

I'm O positive - I get all confused with this stuff...

If that works, let me know, and I'll drive out tomorrow and donate. If it doesn't, I will make a point to call the local center and get some blood donated on his behalf.
Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Hey all. Even if you're not O-neg go donate blood anyway. It's always a good thing to do.

I have O+ blood. If I donate in Eric's name will his account be given credit? Even if he, himself, cannot use it? Anyone know?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Hey all. Even if you're not O-neg go donate blood anyway. It's always a good thing to do.

I have O+ blood. If I donate in Eric's name will his account be given credit? Even if he, himself, cannot use it? Anyone know?

ltdiver

Unless they have changed, he will get credit at the rate of 2 donations for each unit used. Anyone can give in his name.
10 gal. donor.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I got to admit, I have no idea what type of blood I have. The school I attend is always looking for victims to poke and prod to train students. Im gonna volunteer first thing tomorrow and find out.
If by chance ....... Im close to LA so

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

ltdiver

Unless they have changed, he will get credit at the rate of 2 donations for each unit used. Anyone can give in his name.
10 gal. donor.
Sparky

Thanks Sparky!

Let's ALL donate this week and give the account credit to Eric Denney. He's at the Riverside County Regional Medical Center at 26520 Cactus Avenue, Moreno Valley, CA 92555 (909) 486-4000.

Let's show Eric and those at the Blood Bank what a wonderful family he has! I'm going tomorrow.

ltdiver

I'm the same i havn't a clue what my blood type is b/c i am violently afriad of needles. :( I have the whole week off so i am gonna go find out what mine is. whats the fastest way to get typed?
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Viking,

They'll type you there at the donation center. No problem.

I remember my first time giving blood. A little scary (I too hate needles), but also a bit intriguing (I love to watch medical procedures). Giving blood is old hat now...AND they give you cookies!! :^)

ltdiver

Even if you're in NoCal (or Massachusetts), consider that if LA is borrowing from San Diego, they're probably borrowing from farther north. Which makes your blood a potential either for borrowing, or else as a resource for some other blood center, in between, which is considering whether it should ship some O- to the LA area.

It's the right thing to do, and in this case, and in your situation, particularly so.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I am O-, negative CMV, negative Rh and I am due to donate again. (The bank uses my blood for prematue babies) I will donate today and apply it as follows.

"credti to Eric Denney. He's at the Riverside County Regional Medical Center at 26520 Cactus Avenue, Moreno Valley, CA 92555 (909) 486-4000. "

I am currently at 7½ gallons donated.

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

LISA,
HAVE THEY LOOKED INTO APHRESIS?
that is where they take the platelettes anyone can donate them to anyone else and they are able to be stored longer!

sorry if this has been posted already I just saw your first post and had to respond. I use to give aphresis in s. Ga.
My photos

My Videos

I got to admit, I have no idea what type of blood I have. The school I attend is always looking for victims to poke and prod to train students. Im gonna volunteer first thing tomorrow and find out.
If by chance ....... Im close to LA so

dropdeded

I wish I could donate again, but I was told I need to wait a full year after coming back form korea!
I still have to wait 30 more days![:/]
My photos

My Videos

I believe that I am O positive, but I wanted to donate blood to my local hospital, anyway. I went to this site to find out more information http://www.bloodcenters.org/donating/blood.htm

In researching it on the internet, I saw that I am about 10-15 lbs. under their weight requirements. (I do seem to become lightheaded when I get blood drawn for tests, but why?) Also, those that have traveled to malarial areas cannot donate for a year!

My question is why is there a weight requirement? Can anyone tell me? What if I need to donate blood to someone in my family someday?

I'm O- but I live in Northern California. Can it be transferred down somehow? Is there some kind of account number he has?

I used to give blood all the time but have been slacking lateley...

Yeah, what with surgery and stuff...:P

I'm O- too. Actually, that's good to know. I donate a couple times a year. Usually when I see the bloodmobile and I have time. I do the apheresis thing maybe once a year, but that's a serious time commitment.

To everyone who is very small (under 110 lbs.) and wants to donate blood:

I called around and was told anyone under 110 lbs. WILL NOT be ALLOWED to donate blood at all to the Red Cross due to FDA regulations.

They explained that donating could be dangerous to the donor under 110 lbs. as the volume of blood needed would be too much blood to "safely" lose. They said basically that the donor could get sick as the smaller body could not handle it. Sorry, small people. At 95-100 lbs., I feel your frustration, but they will still take your monetary donations!

Well I've got a cotton ball stuck to my arm and I'm missing a pint of blood. (No Clay, we're not talking sexB|)

I was told by my local blood bank that the Riverside hospital does not accept credits. ??? There is however more O- in supply.

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy