outdoorflygirl

What do you listen to on your way to the DZ?

Rage Against the Machine. Nothing pumps me up quite like it.

F*** you, I won't do what you tell me!>:(
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Well ive only been to a dropzone once and i had to listen to the radio because my stepdad took me. But if i were to go on my own it would be hard house or trance or some form of fast electronic music : )
-------------------------------------------------------

if you wanna see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain

I don’t need to be “pumped up” by music, the turbine on the plane blowing air in my face as I board is all it takes. I just play my normal radio station.

But, one day I had the “Faithless” CD “No Roots” playing super loud in my loft as I was taking a shower getting ready to head to the DZ… The music on the CD is very emotional in that it pulls you in manipulates your mood like good trance or even Pink Floyd, if you are into those genres.

The following lyrics I thought were especially relevant to skydiving off the No Roots album, and were somewhat motivational when I was first starting:

“I Want More, Part II”

Decisions based upon faith and not fear.
People live right now and right here.

“Bluegrass”

…Born to fly but we stay grounded and I don't know why
We have a powerful tool, no need to cry
With it you separate the truth from a lie
The point I wanna make,
Is you could never escape from your fate,
The mistake is to take without giving.
So, break the tradition.
Make a decision, cause no matter how hard you try
You're still in prison,
If ya born with wings and you never fly
Listen, you don't stop,
Especially when the going gets rough.
That's when it's real
And I love that stuff…

Anyway – now that CD is to me = Skydiving = My happy place…

please dont make me think of that song by tom petty, dont even say the name of that song. I HATE IT. Its actually gotten to the point now that when the tandems say "o i want freefalling behind my video" i come back with...o uhh....that song...it um...skips now ya know, so how bout some techno?

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

I listened to a lot of Me First and The Gimme Gimmes and Save Ferris. The punk sound totally pumped me up. I did make a CD with a bunch of songs that made me think of jumping when I was going through AFF.

I ended up having "I Choose" by Offspring and a punk cover of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as the two songs that I always HAD to listen to on the way to the dz. Those two songs now evoke emotion in me and make me think of jumping.

"So Far Away" by Staind makes me think of the peacefulness under canopy.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

so how bout some TECHNO?

i wish my camara person offered techno, he put some kind of indie rock music on and im not really into that, although it did go well on the video! But id rather have techno any day :)
-------------------------------------------------------

if you wanna see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain

Alt Nation 21, Faction 28, Octane 20, or Pulse 9... mostly.

Oh yah... them are Sirius radio channels. :P

And I guess i mostly listen to them wherever I happen to be going.

Oh yah... can't forget Raw Dog, that shit is funny
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Grateful Dead, live concert recordings with high energy jams. Also Allman Brothers, also live, Santana, also live. I like the live stuff best.

Sometimes some of the "classic rock" stations too because they still play the same tunes I'd listen to driving to the dropzone 25 years ago. Stuff like Boston, Blue Oyster Cult ("Don't Fear the Reaper" is like OUR song, plus it's got that killer cowbell!), Steve Miller Band, Kansas.

On the way home I like to find Garrison Keillor's "Prairie Home Companion" and have somethijng to chuckle about all the way home.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Motley Crue, Ramones, Green Day, U2's new song "Vertigo" goes good with my coffee on the way over.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Tim McGraw..... "Live Like You Were Dying" but I switch to native american indian chants with great orchestration mixed in.