Kramer

How Incredible Is Techno Music?

I hate when people call it "techno...that's so limiting)

I don't think so. Look at the history of electronic music, back to the 1940s and such, and then you'll appreciate the techno label.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

(I hate when people call it "techno...that's so limiting)

Very true. Techno is only one "branch" of Electronic music.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I've gotta second the salmonella dub vote. That stuff rules. I never liked techno or its varied spinoffs until I started skydiving and heard it on all those phat-ass vids. ;)
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Voodoo and Serano
Infected Mushroom
E-Type
Space Girl
Darude - even if cliche
BT
Hex Hector mixes
DJ Double B

That is all I can think of at my desk.

And before long you are probably gonna get some post about how we american's refer it all as Techno, when it is really dance, trance, rave, progressive house, etc. But yeah...I call it techno too.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

I'm not a fan of techno.

Fuck around on the computer for 3/4 of a second to generate a beat in 2/4 time. Loop it over and over.

Add sound effects.

Turn it up to 11.

The end.

If it's so easy, I challenge you to produce a track.

Also... if you think of it like that, you've obviously been listening to some pretty shitty electronic music to draw your conclusion from. I don't like certain genres of music either, but I can still differentiate between tracks that require talent and tracks that do not. Even if you just don't like electronic music, you'd have to be pretty ignorant to make a comment like you just made about it.

If anyone is at all interested, you can go listen to a track that myself and a friend (who is also on this board... though I'm not sure if he reads it at all anymore) produced last year. It's a bit far from my usual style (I produce IDM, electro, and some other things... this track is more house/trancy type stuff).

Here's a link to the track.

http://www.djseneca.com/sixthgear_80w.m3u

Note: track is in "DJ friendly" format, so you might have to fast forward a bit through the mix friendly intro, and the end is long for the same reason.

Those are classics?

Well, I would agree on Kraftwerk et al...
However, I would consider the early Essential / Respect DJs as classics in terms of modern techno (Dimitri and BT should be added to that list).

Because Oakenfold is a hack.

I totally agree he is today, but hasn't always been. Much like Elvis was a Hack in the 70's.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Strongbad sums it up
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail45.html

ahaa, that's the funniest (and most true) Strongbad I've seen in awhile!!! :D:D:D

BWWWWWWAAAAHHHHHH!! Thats is funny and I like techno:D

Just for the record, Chem light juice is non toxic but there is a glass ampule inside that could cut you unless of course your a glass eater:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I like techno quite a bit, but the downside is that sometimes it makes people to things like this.

Anybody know what that song is and who its by, anyway?
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
--Dave Barry

See thats what is classified as bad techno.

I can totaly see that guy as some one would be right at home saying "It puts the lotion on it's skin"

:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING