freefallfreak

New and Improved Polar Bear

Well, Dudes and Dudettes...while I was sick (6 months of cancer treatments) i was unable to rebuild the Polar Bear. I totaled it out at the end of the drag strip (brakes failed to stop me and the drag chute didn't deploy) before I got sick. I had started on it but was unable to complete the job. Some friends took it upon themselves to rebuild it as a get well present without me knowing about it. I was too sick to go to the garage where I store it so I had no idea this was going on. I'm so ferking proud of my friends, both here and in the gearhead world, that I'm gonna share the pic's. Ya'll gotta look up the old pic's in the archives to understand the transformation, lol.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

BADASS!!!!!

FFF.

I'm glad to hear that your friends took care of you. Good things do happen to good people, although I'm sorry to hear about the cancer treatments (I'm sorry bro, I didn't know).

Take care of yourself and try not to wreck the legend car Polar Bear this time. (you remember when it was on the front page of DZ.com a few years ago?)B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

nice.... looks great....... i rmeber seeing old pics of it but can't quite remeber what is diffrent...... will have to go searching now...... hope to beable to see it in person some time....

DAMN NICE man, that's what I'm talking about!! That looks as good or better than the last pics you sent me. Glad to see they took care of you, and glad to see you've been able to get back out to the shop too!

Take care of yourself man, you've been in our prayers.

Blues!
Merrick

Hey man, happy to hear from you. I did the last chemo the 2nd week in December, got the results on the 22nd. No trace left of the cancer, thank God. (Does Snoopy Happy Dance around room.) The Bear is running at top form, too. He got me a ticket (73 mph in a 55 mph) at $180.00 and 4 points, lol. Damn car....Hey, wanna' buy a Polar Bear (before I lose my license)???

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Great news on the Chemo TripleF, and the Bear is looking great, I liked the previous one and this new look is stonking.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Geez...BOTH??

Screwed up car AND friends??? Lol....Hell, I need more excitement in my life....where you wanna' meet?

TripleF

how about someplace warm enough to jump, but close enough so my car can get there.. I would say no more than 300 miles;)

nah my car is nice and wouldn't want to trade that one, but i would be happy to buy a beater and trade you that?

If no....

ok then let's just trade friends:P

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

....to bring a little excitement into my rather drab, dull, dreary life, lol.

hmm maybe we shouldn't trade after all.. but if you could PM me where you keep the car and the easiest way to open your garage.:)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?