dgskydive

Good vibes for Eric!!

Talked to Lisa today.. Eric is resting and still in traction. He's still out of it and they have the morphine on an IV for him right now. Word is they are going to let his body rest up and recover for a few days before they do anything else to him. At this point no visitors but they would really like cards sent to him so he has something to look at in a few days when he gets awaken.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

We saw Eric today and speaking of sending cards... there is a personized message board for our 'Get Well' postings to Eric...

www.dream-tool.com/tools/messages.mv?index ericsrecovery

The board will give Eric an ongoing internet 'Get Well' card for him to read, when he feels well enough for surfing.

Good vibes toward Eric's recovering, and we bring him Love and support in any way that we may.

~Brett & Kara

Just an update after 4 days with Eric. We met with a Dr this morning who was very encouraging. The have done some x Rays of his spine and neck and hopefully will be able to remove the neck brace that has been in place since the accident. I know for a fact that Eric can move his arms because I've spent several days holding them. Pray that the films also show there is no damage. The respiratory therapist has adjusted his oxygen to 35% and they are now working on making sure there is no long term damage to his lungs. Hopefully tomorrow his family will also hear when they expect to do the femur surgery because they will not even attempt to bring Eric out of sedation until that is complete. They can't do the surgery until they are fairly certain he can withstand 6-7 hours of surgery.

Several people have asked about pictures of Eric. Thanks to those who have posted. If you were at the Memorial Day Boogie Eric was on the Record Jump to the left of DiabloPilot.

Keep the vibes and cards coming. Right now the cards are doing wonders for his family and know that we have shared EVERY card with Eric. He is getting quite the collection in his new room. Several have pictures enclosed that have actually been good for his family to see him at a happier time.

The nurses have gotten stricter with visiting hours since he has been moved to the CCU from ACCU because they feel he needs to rest more. They are very good about giving messages and cards to the family though.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Thanks for the update Lisa -- hope he can make it into surgery soon soon soon. And I'm glad you're there with him, too.

More vibes and prayers heading that way from Houston.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I hear today Tuesday July 22nd
"...Femur work planned for Thursday or Friday.
Last night, Oxygen was increased (due to mucus) up to %50, and now is back to %40. Later expect to reduce Oxygenation to %30.
Word is that Eric's foot should be well saved, but he DID break his back....though without any spinal injury.
Eric should remain at the Riverside County Regional Medical Center for at least another 60 days."

More MRI stuff to do, and there's no beleived brain damage.

Good news and bad news it seems... The best news I feel is that I still have my friend Eric.

Be sure to send Eric your encouraging words-
(I hope I did that right)
Please help me pray for his health and well being,

Love Life Always,
Brett Clark
(with help from Karalene)

More MRI stuff to do, and there's no beleived brain damage.

Love Life Always,
Brett Clark
(with help from Karalene)

Hey Thats not the Eric I personally know, He was definitely damaged I got the video to prove it, well its his video----- get well qawick you bastage!

Eric's oxygen is down to 35% and all the numbers are greatly improving!!! His back was never broken but there was concern of spinal injury...the dr's thought there may have been a fractured vertebrae but that proved to be fine also! A quote from one of the many dr's is "that he's going to be fine". (Which are the best words that I think I've ever heard)
His right foot is going to be reconstructed. The surgery on Thursday or Friday is to finish closing up his abdomen and if he's doing well enough they will attempt to work on his legs. It will be a 6 to 7 hour surgery...
So, tomorrow I ask everyone to just say a little prayer, it's going to be along day!

I just wanted to let everybody know that Eric is having his surgery today around 7:30am PDT...it should be a 6 to 7 hour surgery. So, please say a prayer for him today! The surgery is to continue repairing his abdomen and if he's doing well enough they are going to work on his femur and begin reconstruction of his right foot.

Wednesday and yesterday, they began waking him up a little. He was opening his eyes but unable to talk because he's still on a ventilator. His numbers are doing great! His oxygen was down to 25% (normal is 21%)! Which means that if things continue to progress, he'll be off the vent very soon!

I will let everybody know when he's out of surgery! Send vibes...he's going to need them...it's going to be a long day!

Thanks for the news, Laurie! Fantastic!

This is one more step towards his physical therapists getting their hands on him! B| Can't wait for that!

Wake up, Eric! It's time to go to work! B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Laurie,

I just said a prayer for Eric and for you. I'm sure you'll let us all know how it goes.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I hear nothing but progress being made by Eric. This is very encouraging and a very good sign.

Keep fighting Eric!

Chris

Big prayers for my skinny little friend Eric. Damn it I'm welling up again. He needs to get better soon! Can;t wait to see him in the hospital. I guess I can sneek in a shot or two of Jager for him when he feels a little better! Do you think he would like that? Imagine the buzz he would have with that and the pain killers he will have. ;)
Dom

Day after surgery update. They had Eric under for 7 hours yesterday. The initial part of the surgery was abdominal repair followed by femur repair which they found out was more extensive than at first thought. Due to this they were unable to work on Eric's foot and ankle. He came through the surgery fine and quickly was back at pre-op numbers.

Laurie just left from a visit and says he is trying to talk with the vent in and getting quite frustrated. They are hoping to remove the vent on Monday if he continues to improve. I'm sure when they remove that from his throat it will improve his spirits.

Hopefully with this latest surgery Eric will be well on his way to initial miraculous recovery. It is hard to believe two weeks have passed since the accident happened. He is a very lucky guy who obviously still has a purpose here.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Thanks for the update, Lisa. I'll keep sending vibes and prayers to the left coast...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)