rhino

What is your answer?

You are in front of your new sniper platoon and they ask you this question...

Why do you want to be a sniper?

What is your answer?

Rhino

I would put on a crazed look in my eyes; look to the left and right; then in my best Jack Nicholson voice, I'd say: "Well...every once in a while I get this urge to kill...you know what I mean?"
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

This is the next step in the natural progression
of attaining your goal of being the best possible
tool in the military arsenal.
You are honored to have the opportunity to
become a member of the elite group charged
with the responsibility of seeing to it that the
policies of the Commander in Chief are carried
out quickly and efficiently....

The skills and abilities you've gained thus far in
your military career are the stepping stones
you've needed to finally arrive at the top tier
and accomplish those goals.

Or....

SNIPER SCHOOL???
shit!
I thought it said VIPER school!
I'love snakes!!
Fuckin' lifers!

...Or

The the MOS with the most possible growth
market potential in the private sector...
Wanna be good at SOMETHING when I retire!

;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

If you expect to be asked this, the best answer is your own, and one that is honest. That being said, possible answers are:

"I like the thought of having the power of god" (bad answer)

"I like working alone" or "The thought of lying in a shallow grave filled with my own bodily fluids for days on end appeals to me"

"Ammo is expensive. I'm just trying to reduce taxes."

There are plenty others, but are you looking for honest answers, or joking ones? If the latter, I like Dave's comment about cook school being full.

Mike

I'm doing it to save lives... My fellow Marines and Soldiers... If my doing this job saves just one fellow service member it will be worth it.

I am also doing it because it is the ultimate in self-discipline requiring constant and never ending improvement. I like to be challenged. I love it. This will be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Graduating this school would be HUGE.. If I am operating at anything less that 150% I will fail.. Failure isn't an option. I've wanted this for too long and this is my one and only chance.

They are Elite. I want to earn the right to be called a Marine Corps Scout Sniper. I want to prove to myself that I can do it. I know that I can.

It is something that I have always wanted to accomplish for a number of internal reasons.

I could go on about why.. I think I got the point across...

Rhino

Sounds like you're doing it for the right reasons and already have the answer, then.

When I was in the Army, I had a few friends who had gone through sniper school. I'm not sure if its the same one the Corps uses, but I'm sure theirs is just as difficult. Good luck.

Mike

Some men are called to serve God. Some men are called to serve their country. Some men are called to serve the needs of their felllow marines.

My calling is to serve all three by being one of the U.S. Marine Corps best.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

that's a good one, but i like rhino's answer the best. to save the life of fellow marines....has a nice ring to it, don't ya think? in sf, they call it sotic - special operations target interdiction course. still fun, i'm sure.

Because the MOS for a cook wasn't available.

Fk that... I am in the army and am not a cook... but they work loooong hard hours. no s^%$

Rather do a desk job... wait I do.. hahaha

it's all fun and games till your pay is fkd up
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

You are in front of your new sniper platoon and they ask you this question...

Why do you want to be a sniper?

What is your answer?

Rhino

-----------------------------------------------------
Anything that will get me off of the "group W" bench cuz I wanna kill ....kill........KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

hahaha
bozo USN Expert Marksman

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Q. Why do you want to be a sniper?

A. On the winds of war where the fires burn, there’s an enemy soldier planting an IED; there’s an enemy soldier reconnoitering positions; there’s an enemy soldier firing on friendlies from concealed positions atop towers and buildings. At that moment of truth, when life and death hang in the balance, the lives of my fellow Marines may depend solely on me. My fellow Marines are the purpose for my existence, though they may not know me, nor I them, or know where, I am. I move out on call, for purpose hath no fear, for without my fellow Marines, I am nothing. I move like a phantom in the night, like a jaguar in the day, to employ my surgical marksmanship for the preservation of my fellow Marines, for the continuance of the Mission. There is no higher calling, there is no higher purpose. In an instant, the IED is neutralized; in an instant, the probe is finished; in an instant, the threat is neutralized. To thine enemies, I am Harm’s Way, don’t tread near me, I am unseen, unheard and deadly. That’s why I want to be a sniper. Any questions?

--for my brother, 1st Sgt. Amos Dias, former Instructor, Marine Corps Sniper School. R.I.P.

Corporal Lima, C Co. 2nd Plt. 2nd Recon Bn.

You're always the starter in your own life!

you will find the MOST stable minds in the service are snipers,ALL are team players
ALL have great PACIENCE .
able to focus on task at hand

not snake eaters or stone killers

mental exams are intense

NOT what most think this mos is
must have great powers of obsurvation

you will not be working alone but will have a spotter and he calls the shots

it is NOT like tv or the movies

on the outher hand it is very personil when you do make a shot you will see the results

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com