flyangel2

Keep Skymama in your thoughts

Skymama fell while snowboarding. [:/]

Oh HELL, OUCH! So sorry to hear, Andrea! Vibes to your daughter's skill in getting you all home!!

Snowboards....so dangerous! I hear they don't open sometimes and...>

OTOH....skiers and snowboarders keep me in business....>:(

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Feel better! And next time, PLF! (yes, I really did find myself doing that this year at Whistler)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My injuries: my left wrist has a hairline fracture. I have a lace up splint on it so I can at least take it off and do personal stuff.

One thing I learned is that my mouth is more handy than I thought it was!

I'll just let people's imaginations wander.........
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I'm glad you guys made it home ok. Alex must be one tough girl and you should be proud of her. Take care and heal quick. Let me know if I can do anything. <<<<>>>>

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Thanks again, you guys. Your posts boost my spirits!

Clay, I knew you'd appreciate the mouth comment. ;)

I can't believe all the things I can't do...cooking, cleaning,laundry. I have to go buy elastic waist pants today and a bra that closes in the front so my daughter doesn't have to dress me anymore. She's balking at shaving my armpits for me. I had to remind her of all the poopy diapers I changed for her! :ph34r:

I've made it through 3 days. 6-8 more weeks of this? Good Lord...pass me the vicoden. :S
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

kinda reminds me of when I was 15, I had been in the hospital for a few weeks and had a bunch of lines in me, my mom had to give me bed baths. bleck! Then after my surgery in order to taake a shower I had to have my stomach wrapped in saran wrap and taped up. Imagine a 15 year old being wrapped in plastic wrap and taped up by mom. :ph34r::D

I'm a little slow on the uptake...

I'm sorry Andrea for your injury...I thought you were kidding in your PM that your wrists were broken...

I should visit the bonfire more!!

heal fast...and yeah - quit doing all those dangerous sports!!:D

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

I have to go buy elastic waist pants today

NO, DON'T! If you need help putting your pants on..or off..I volunteer my services.;)

Geez, Bifocals and elastic pants. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SAVE THE SKYMAMA!

Chris

Thanks again, you guys. Your posts boost my spirits!

Clay, I knew you'd appreciate the mouth comment. ;)

I can't believe all the things I can't do...cooking, cleaning,laundry. I have to go buy elastic waist pants today and a bra that closes in the front so my daughter doesn't have to dress me anymore. She's balking at shaving my armpits for me. I had to remind her of all the poopy diapers I changed for her! :ph34r:

I've made it through 3 days. 6-8 more weeks of this? Good Lord...pass me the vicoden. :S

Don't worry mama, you will start figuring out how to work with the casts. I broke my wrist snowboarding 2 years ago and in no time I was using the cast as leverage when shifting the in the car something to hang hangers off tons of different things I'm sure my Dr. wouldn't have approved of. Just think how easy it is to wack someone upside the head now.:P

As for the shaving....well it was December in CO.....So I did it like a Boulderite and when natural. :D
Fly it like you stole it!

Well, I'm back from the doc and I have a pretty pink cast on my right arm today. The doc thinks the left is fractured more than a hairline after looking at it today and more x-rays. I have to get a MRI tonight and maybe a real cast on it too instead of a splint. If I move my thumb too much while it's not in a cast, I could need surgery. I thought that was the good wrist!

I was given a no-work order for 4 weeks. Of course I went straight to work after my appt. :P

I just made an appt. to get alot of hair hacked off, it's too hard to manage. :( Thank goodness it will grow back, I like my long hair. It helps hide the size of my big pumpkin head!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama,

So sorry to hear about your injury! :( I took up snowboarding my junior year in high school. It was me and 3 friends. ALL 3 of those friends ending up breaking their arms or wrists from falling!! I managed to avoid that, but I tore my MCL instead. [:/] Snowboarding definitely seems hazardous! (It is fun, though. B|)

Glad you made it back okay. Heal quick!! :)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site