ffejdraga

a spelling lesson

I saw a post with the word DEFINITELY spelled Definately. Then, because I am curious,
I went down to the bottom of the forums page, and searched all forums for the word "DEFINATELY".

It came up 3834 times.

There is no "A" in DEFINITELY.
you simply take the word definite, and add LY....

whatever.
:S:PB|

all in fun,
jeff D-16906

Let's not forget "they're" "there" and "their"

that one bugs the shit out of me

Don't go their/they're/there man...:P...

~R+R:ph34r:...This is "funner" than editing...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

they're is know weigh two spell the write weigh when ewe our online don't ewe no that, bye now?

Ok, ROFLAO!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D That's what I did when I read that...:ph34r:...good stuff...

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

The language crime which really bugs me is the mispronunciation of the word "thing" as in "anythink" and "everythink"!!!

Another language related pet hate is the phrase "at the end of the day", which some people use in every other sentence! >:(
It does have a few appropriate contexts, but usually it makes no sense whatsoever!!!

Steph
-x-
PS colour :P harbour :P

I tend to be less of a critic of spelling; if spell check can’t find it I’m screwed. One that bugs me is “I’ve got”, its redundant and stupid! The irony of this one is that it’s ubiquitous (that one took a few tries with spell check); I think you’ll even hear it on a network newscast. And what about irregardless (MsWord even thinks irregardless is a word)?

Poor spellers of the world UNTIE!
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Don't you have anything better to do?:P;):)
Most people post drunk, fucked up, or what not. I know I could care less about my spelling then, let alone be conscious of spelling a word(s) wrong.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

OK OK...i'll admit i more than likely made the mistake....but to and too are completely differnet and when used incorrectly it drives me crazy!

It really drives me crazy when people don't use comma's and proper capitalization... :D;)
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

Others that peeve me!!!

1. I am going to take a shit! "Where the hell are you taking it and why are you "Going to Take" something

2. Where are you at? "I am at a place that does not use a preposition at the end of a sentence!

I don't got to! "On the contrary, you might want to think about doing it anyway!"

3. And basically anything that is a "Double Negative" Makes me cringe!!!
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!