AggieDave

What if (skydiving what ifs)

What if...

Canopies progessed as they did in history, but harness/containers didn't.

Would we see someone busting a HOT swoop on a pond while wearing a cheapo with shot and a halfs, wearing a belly mount reserve?

Ok, your turn (must be skydiving related).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What if...

Would we see someone busting a HOT swoop on a pond while wearing a cheapo with shot and a halfs, wearing a belly mount reserve?

Obviously you weren't at Eloywith Wingnut and his old-school rig that did have a belly reserve and 3 pins....;)

"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

You could track to go "up" floors of a highrise or backslide to go back "down."

If we could skydive to commute to work, everyone would be jealous of me and my ability to easily break 200mph in freefall. >:(
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What if skydivers wore beacons that air craft were required to have a receiver for so 'near misses' were a thing of the past?

I could make a proximity warning indicator so you could effectively see how far people are above your canopy and behind you?

What if I could combine both in one tiny computer, like the size of a dytter, and it could be mounted on your harness?

Edit for spelling
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

What if skydivers wore beacons that air craft were required to have a receiver for so 'near misses' were a thing of the past?

The same boneheads that ignore the parachute marking on the maps would ignore those too.

During the Sun-n-Fun fly-in, every yahoo with a Cessna flies over zhills. I have been in an 8-way that opened around an airplane. :o I was close enough to see the pilots teeth as he flew by grinning.

I have been in an 8-way that opened around an airplane. :o I was close enough to see the pilots teeth as he flew by grinning.

Ok...the quick dumb question is "Why did you leave the airplane if you saw a Cessna heading towards your LZ??" :|

Edit spelling
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

What if it were easy, cheap, and feasable to jump from 100,000 feet and 10 minute freefalls were the norm?

I'd be very poor from the Jump Tickets.

What if they outlawed squares.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ACME, "see and avoid" works pretty well, you'll get more used to it as you continue to fly and jump. Some of us are pretty comfortable flying in airspace where radios aren't required.

If I remember correctly, you're looking to become a corporate pilot. We all have to share the same airspace, and the last thing we need is more regulation telling us how to do it. Try flying in the ADIZ around DC and you'll see what I mean.:S TCAS or some skydiving equivalent is not the ultimate solution - even the big guys with that equipment have accidents too. Your best defense is to develop constant awareness of your surroundings.

Back to AggieDave's topic: what if we had inflatable bags attached to our harnesses with compressed gas charges that could be activated if you had a double malfunction? Kinda like pre-inflated airbags...

Lance

Back to AggieDave's topic: what if we had inflatable bags attached to our harnesses with compressed gas charges that could be activated if you had a double malfunction? Kinda like pre-inflated airbags...

Lance

I wouldn't trust it, remember the Mars lander that went in a few years ago.

What could possibly go wrong?

I could make a proximity warning indicator so you could effectively see how far people are above your canopy and behind you?

What if I could combine both in one tiny computer, like the size of a dytter, and it could be mounted on your harness?

I already have two of those. They're called "eyes." :P

I already have two of those. They're called "eyes." :P

Bravo. Best response so far.:)

what if...

Low turns for swooping had never been invented...
(I wouldn't be tempted)

A real skybabe actually took me home with her...
(I'd have a heart attack and miss the action)

I had 12,000 jumps and could get on a record big-way...
(I'd drop a load in the air)
:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239