JRock

I CAN'T STOP QUOTING NAPOLEON DYNAMITE!!!!

First time I saw ND, I thought to myself "WTF? THIS is what people were raving about?"

Now when I think about it, it's pretty fucking hysterical. :D

Did you know John Heder was only paid $1,000 to play Napolean Dynamite? And he actually drew the 'drawings' in the movie. Also, Uncle Rico is a Vegetarian and in the scenes where he had to eat steak... he would chew it then spit it out.

"I spent like three hours shading the upper lip."

A bunch of us went to the Vortex last night, and it made me think of Napoleon Dynamite. Why? Because they had nacho tots. They were nachos with tater tots in place of chips.

Team Tots was formed, as was Team Support. :D

Ok, maybe you had to be there. :D

i think i failed to mention to you that kip and pedro were at my school last thursday night to speak! they were supposed to speak the week before but pedro missed his damn flight! my friends roommate took them to the airport where they met up with uncle rico later that night!

i heard the other day that napoleon was killed in a car accident!

is this true?

Well, you should have been there, then. You could have been a part of Team Tots. :D

And I know a couple of people who are probably going to the NIN show . . . I'm just not one of them. :D I like them and all, but not so much to go to a concert.

I want to go to that show BAD!!!

... but I dont see $300.00 for a ticket!!!

That is way too much jump money to blow!

If you hear of anyone that has to cancel and cant go, please keep me in mind... I love NIN! but not enough to spend that much...

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

i heard the other day that napoleon was killed in a car accident!

is this true?

TOTAL RUMOUR....just did a search in imdb.com for some information on him....

He's currently in 2 movies...and all the message boards are discussing how quickly the rumour has spread...it is apparently world-wide, and a complete fabrication!

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

First time I saw ND, I thought to myself "WTF? THIS is what people were raving about?"

Now when I think about it, it's pretty fucking hysterical. :D

That's pretty much what I got out of it too. I was watching it by myself at home and it was VERY hard to get through. I kept telling myself that everyone on dz.com kept quoting it so it must be good!

:D

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

i cant say ive seen a movie that was so divided opinion-wise in adult peer groups... after discussing it with LOTS of people it seems to come down to your experiences in that time frame (high school)

If you were a member of the 'beautiful people' cheerleaders, jocks etc... you probably think the movie was completely stupid and cant relate at all... if you were one of the 'outcasts' you are far more likely to 'get it'

seem like as people grow up the distinctions and divisions become blurred... there really isnt much in the way of plot, the movie is entirely about the characters.... some people can empathize.. others cannot...

That suit is sweet....its totally aweesommme.

The funniest clip isnt even in the movie. Flip the disc over and watch the deleted scenes. Watch the Kick Ball one..

Hey Dan take a dump in your bed lastnight?

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

I had one of my ESL students ask me one day, "Mr. Eberly, do you have a bike?" and I said , "Yes, I do." And he said, "Do you ever take it off any sweet jumps?" And then I realized what he was talking about.

At least he's using English.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

i cant say ive seen a movie that was so divided opinion-wise in adult peer groups... after discussing it with LOTS of people it seems to come down to your experiences in that time frame (high school)

If you were a member of the 'beautiful people' cheerleaders, jocks etc... you probably think the movie was completely stupid and cant relate at all... if you were one of the 'outcasts' you are far more likely to 'get it'

seem like as people grow up the distinctions and divisions become blurred... there really isnt much in the way of plot, the movie is entirely about the characters.... some people can empathize.. others cannot...

No, I think it's more like...if you're a dork NOW then you thought it was funny...

[High-fives defensive lineman buddy.]

!!!!!O'DOYLE RULES!!!!!

Sorry, that was just a big fat softball you lobbed up there. AND I CRUSHED IT!

[Gives JRock a wedgie]
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

hmm i've looked around and seen where the 'dork' crowd ended up in comparison with those reliving the glory days of high school football... yea seems we made the right choice..
:P

NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS!

Hey Mc'Fly, will THAT reference completely fly over your head too or do I have to ask you to google search "define: satire".

Look buddy, my softball stats ROCK. I keep them posted online.

Edit: I actually never saw the movie and probably never will. Two things, I'm not a big fan of slapstick, also, I didn't appreciate the movie being compared to my Wes Anderson favorites Rushmore and Bottle Rocket. It's a comparison that just doesn't exist.