lawrocket

Police paid a visit to my house yesterday afternoon...

I got a knock on my door at about 6:00 last night. I opened the door to find two police officers asking to enter the home.

WTF?

I asked, "What's this about?" The cop said, "We received a 911 call from your number, and return calls showed the line as busy."

On the floor, lay a slobber covered wireless phone in the on position. The first 3 numbers were "911."

Thank you to my son Conor, my pride and joy, who at less than 9 months old just completed his first phone call. I don't know what I did to deserve him calling the cops on me, but the cops left rather quickly upon a determination that nothing was wrong other than a curious little boy who knows how to press the right buttons...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

When I was a kid I was sitting on the floor watching her do the laundry. She was mumbling to herself about needing help. Well in school they had been giving us alot of practice on remembering our personal info, address, and how to dial 911. So without telling her I went and dialed 911 and then sat on the couch. A few minutes later the fire department showed up and said that a little kid on the phone said his mommy needed some help!!! She thought a minute and the gave me the look from hell lol... it was all good tho I got a sticker for doing what I thought was the right thing:D:D

believe it or not, it's quite common. My son did the SAME thing when he was about the same age. The cops told me that it's more common than you'd think.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

The cops didn't seem particularly bothered. Obviously, they were on edge upon arrival. But, one said, "do you have it on speed dial?" I said, "Nope. I looks like he just dialed it." Cop said, "Dang." Then they left.

I think I'll let him play my cell phone. If he dials 911 on it I know I'll have at least 20 minutes to figure it out before the call gets answered.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

That is an adorable story -- but I'm sure it was kinda scary for you at the time, what with all those kilos of uncut Peruvian blow in your crawlspace... :P

Blue skies, and don't let 'em take you alive! :D
-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

All these stories of bright kids figuring out so early how to call 911 just reminds me, sadly, of that little girl whose father killed her mother and she called 911 and told the police what happened.

I wonder how she is doing right now. [:/]

Sorry to bring you all down... Real life sadness has this way of intruding...

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

On the floor, lay a slobber covered wireless phone in the on position. The first 3 numbers were "911." Thank you to my son Conor, my pride and joy, who at less than 9 months old just completed his first phone call.

You know that old saying that if you put a million monkeys on a million typewriters for a million years, that one of them would type a work of Shakespeare.

Conor just proved that theory, in a micro sort of way!

One day, I sat down on the sofa and heard a lady's vioce "can I help you". It was comming from my butt!
I sat on my cell phone and got 911.:S

One day, I sat down on the sofa and heard a lady's vioce "can I help you". It was comming from my butt!

Cool...your butt dialed 911...:D:D:D...Damn that's funny...

~R+R:)...Can I help you?...You wanna help me down there?:D:ph34r::D...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Does your pecker dial 900 sex lines?? :D

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

-Jeffrey

Only when I'm wearing one...?B|;):PB|:D:D...

~R+R:)...:D...Yes, that is meant as a joke...:ph34r::D:ph34r:...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Nope! but it does most of the thinking for me and writes checks that my body would rather not cash.

my boy, morgan, was about a year old when he did it, but i took the phone away and after i hung up, i got the call back from the operator. kids are truly great, morgan just had his first mouthful of sand from the sandbox today, it was so funny.