huka551

Do you drive fast?

Traffic is dangarous.
So I try to spend no more time on the road than absolutely required. Best way to do this is to drive as fast as possible.

Well in germany there is no speed limit on some highways and in holland I do not care about speed limits (and red traffic lights) I always drive the speed I want to drive and I only get one or 2 tickets in a year (about 30euro each) so what!

Brussels airport to helmond in 70 minutes is rather fast!!:P

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

I usually drive faster than I freefall....;)B|

Not faster than I freefall.
(personal best: 266mph 5-14-05);)
see site below

p.s. with my DZ's name & phn# in 2ft by 4ft at rear window of sta/wagon....I drive 5 over limit.

Hi. My name's Rebecca, and I'm a speeder.

My foot is heavy and I'm not patient. I've been trying to meditate some calm into my life, which includes eliminating road rage and curbing my speeding, but it's not so easy...

Anyone else similar? :$[:/]

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

COP

Corruption Of Power.

jeff D-16906

Shouldn't JUDGE one person based on what few, some, or most others do. Much less by a post in a forum. Yes I speed and unless stopped by a Trooper I know I won't get a ticket, however, do to the fact I speed nor wear seatbelts I don't write those type tickets and never will.

i normally drive fast, i just find driving a bit boring, and like to get places.

I dont know how you guys in america cope, coz your speed limit on the freeway is lik 55mph isn't it?

in the UK on motorways it's 70 and even that is slow! you can get away with doing 80 though it's kinda the unofficial speed limit.

i think they should change it so it's like germany, no speed limit in a lot of places... i was only keeping to 110 coz the car only had a 1.6 litre engine and much more was gonna destroy the car!!

what is fast?
if u are in a ferarri for sure fast is over 240 km/h
if u are in mini for sure fast is over 100 km/h
it depends on what u drive (i think)
and sometime near 200km/h area... am i driving fast?
dunno

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

I am always one of the fastest drivers on the road. On an empty highway I'm doing 85-90. Speed limits in Illinois are 55.

I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in over 6 years. In my 15 years driving, I've gotten a total of 2.

Getting speeding tickets is a great indicator that you are not a good driver, and should not be driving that fast.

If you can't see cops, how are you going to see the person who's about to cut you off?

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Yes-It has become a habit so much that even when I am not driving fast or not trying to drive fast I am doing 75-95.

I love driving fast. It is too much fun
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I drive fast. Always. I adjust my fastness for what ever neighborhood/city/town/highway/freeway I am on.
I figure as much time as I spend in a car, I should take every opportunity to shorten that span, and thus extending other aspects of my life.
For example:
Driving the speedlimit to the dropzone this weekend would take nearly 4 hours.
Driving 10-15 over on the freeway, and 5-10 over on the highway, and slowing down for the speedtraps. will take me 3.
So, if we only assume that I arrived 30 min early than using posted limits, and Mullins plane if flying back to back loads, I have just missed 2 loads. One of which I could have been on.
So over the course of 52 weeks I have a potential to miss 52 loads.
Scary huh? :D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I usually drive faster than I freefall....

I would need a very very special car if I did that...:P

Usually I keep it about 5 over at most...or blend into traffic.. with a BIG RED TRUCK... its like a cop magnet.. so best to let someone else draw their attention.

I am always one of the fastest drivers on the road.

Me too, mostly on the highway. Why, just this morning some idiot in a Chevy Extreme (small pos pickup) was trying to keep me from passing him. Then he makes a mistake, shifting to the right lane thinking he would pass the car in front of him, but I knew he would get hung out to dry so I closed off the gap in the left lane. Apparently that pissed him off, cuz as soon as I got clear of him, he's right on my rear bumper. I'm driving my Toyota MR2 Spyder... So... as soon as we reached the point where the highway expanded from 2 to 3 lanes, I hit the far left lane, with idiot in hot pursuit at only 75 mph. I had to wait for the car in front of me to move over, then I had clear straight highway in front of me for 2 miles, and floored it. I gradually pulled away from the idiot while giving him a sarcastic wave "bye-bye". Didn't take much effort to reach 115 mph. B|. I've hit 120 a few times when I had empty space in front of me.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi. My name's Rebecca, and I'm a speeder.

My foot is heavy and I'm not patient. I've been trying to meditate some calm into my life, which includes eliminating road rage and curbing my speeding, but it's not so easy...

Anyone else similar? :$[:/]

Ditto.. see we're more alike then we care to admit :D

edit to add my name isn't Rebecca. ;)I agree with everything else. oh and except I'm not really trying to curb my urge to speed or my road rage. :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Agree with ya. I know a lot of cops who are cool and wont give ya a ticket for speeding, well unless your going rediculously fast. I've been pulled over a few times and have been lucky with the cool cops, well except for one bastard who gave me a ticket for five over, and yes I was only five over. On the other side of the token, I've been warned and released after being pulled over doing twenty-five over. It all balances out.

My neighbor was pulled over once by DPS going 115mph in a 55. The DPS officer rushed up to the vette and asked if the driver thought he was a pilot?

Neighbor answers yes. Officer asks to see his lic. Neighbor pulls out both his drivers and pilots licenses. DPS officer started to laff and gave him a warning.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Yep, I drive fast. But not for any sort of rush, I just have a lead foot! ;) But I do get impatient when I get behind some granny goin 50. (But I get impatient with most things!)

That was one of the nice benefits of moving to the city. Here I can go 80 and I'm still slower than everybody else!! :)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site