Tenshi

Bikers

Hi Val' ....I'm sorry you feel that way.... but you are missing the art, the music, the poetry of the V engine... Maybe, just may be it's a Y chromosome thing.

Ah, a big bore V engine on full song is a thing of true beauty a symphony for the industrial age.

A Ducati, a Harley a big block Chevvy..... nothing, nothing can touch the magic of that sound.........

I completely agree with you, except for the Y chromosome thing, since I don't have one. I love riding down the road with a bunch a V-twins...the sound it makes could lull you to sleep. But I guess if it doesn't strike you that way, then it just doesn't. Whatever pops your corn! ;)

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Actually I can see myself getting a full on dresser/touring bike later in life. That it would be a fun and practical ride for Morgan and I to road trip on.:)

Perhaps an Ultra Classic Electra Glide is in your future!
__

My mighty steed

Actually, many bikes make modulating headlights now for that very reason.

And Vallerina.....holy cow. Someone started a thread asking for about fellow bikers. We don't come into your thread and whine about hating belly dancing.....what do your comments have to do with the thread topic? at all? Someone was looking for bikers....your aren't one, and obviously you don't like things about that mode of transportation or the people who use it. SO.......don't hijack the thread and piss off a bunch of bikers, unless of course you want them to hijack your threads.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Ah, you mean the rejeting I did to the carb and such.;)

I do my best to stay out of blind spots and such, riding in town its hard to do all the time.

The loudness was a result of changing the performance of my bike, it produced a noticable "feel it in the butt" difference of horsepower and torque. I do however, like the sound, that's just an added benifit. If I had just wanted more sound I could have drilled out the baffels of my stock pipes when I had them.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

My favorite man in the world :$ rides an Electra Glide Classic. It's a really nice bike too. Comfy. When we take the kids riding, they fight over who's gonna get to ride with HIM! Makes me want to pitch a spoiled-rotten fit....lol. What about ME?!!!

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

You know this sounds a lot like a gun argument.....it is not the people who make noise that I dislike....it is the noise maker.

Um...here in Texas, a lot of trucks make bikes sound quiet, how about directing thoughts at people's decisions, rather than the object which they use for those decisions.
--

Um...here in Texas, a lot of trucks make bikes sound quiet

No shit, a lot of those full ton diesels rattle even my truck when they go by. When on my bike I can't even hear *my* bike that I'm on when they go by.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

With my windows rolled up, my AC cranked all the way up, and music playing, I don't hear much of anything.

Awesome, your probably one of the people who cut right in front of me during rush hour, on your cell phone without a care in the world.

I especially hate it when people try to show off how loud their bike can get. Louder doesn't make you cooler. Louder just annoys people.

A lot of riders and yes I'm included rev the engine at the light. Why? Because we like the sound. I'm not trying to show off or anything along those lines. I do it when people are next to me and when people aren't next to me.

:D I want a Gold Wings! :P

I think you mean a Gold Wing.

No meaning to rip on you or anything just some of your comments hit a nerve.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Sorry, dude, today is absolutely fucking NOT the goddamned day to admit anything like that where I may read it>:(.

Sorry about what happened dude. That sucks. Sucks bad.

Still, I dont see that your rant belongs in this thread. Nobody in here killed anyone known or unknown to you.

We are talking about motorcycles and you just chewed someone out that had nothing to do with the death of your friend.
__

My mighty steed

I understand that. And it appears that most are talking about responsible uses of them. Sorry for the interruption. And I'll admit that any suggestion or intimation of reckless speeds on public roads over the next few weeks will get me white hot mad.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you what we were doing was a cool thing or anything along those lines, but for us it is a rush.

However we were on a road which it traveled very seldom. It is about a 2 mile straight with no hills. We had bikers on each side with radios and an off duty EMT on site. We even had shut down points so we wouldn't approach the other side too fast. All of us are experienced riders with proper safety gear on.
We ride to have fun and we accept the consequences of our actions. When we ride around cars we abide the normal laws and don't do stupid stuff.

Again I'm sorry for your loss.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Legal /= responsible and vice versa. Laws are blanket statements that provide for public safety using an average denominator. In most extreme pursuits, people while do things that may be illegal in those or other circumstances.

The speed limit is the maximum speed in good conditions, prudence would call for lower speeds in bad conditions.
A cautious rider in the situation you describe is no less responsible in mind than a soccer mom in an SUV driving 5 over in the rain.
or a skydiver with too many variable on a load versus a pro rated demo jumper paid to handle variables.

Context makes a difference, and this thread is not the context. BUT man it sure is a favorite today, 3 hijack attempts so far.
--

Loud pipes are one of the reasons I got rid of my Harley. Not the main one, but even the stock pipes were louder than I wanted. Really. It's a hearing thing -- I wear earplugs riding and skydiving, too.

With my new Honda, I haven't seen an increase in the number of near-incidents. But I'm not as tired at the end of a long ride, the way I would get with the Harley (noise just does that to me).

While the Harley was infinitely sexier than the Honda, it was just a skosh too tall, a little louder than I wanted, and 10 years old and getting older.

I ride a Honda Shadow 750. AND my handlebar streamers fit :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey -- watch that! The streamers are coolio. And any bike I ride has to be pretty low-slung, since I'm, um, low-slung myself :ph34r:.

And where do you want the tassels????? If I try, maybe I can make them each twirl in a different direction :D

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And where do you want the tassels????? If I try, maybe I can make them each twirl in a different direction

I'm SO envious. That's almost as sexy as your old Hog. I wish Rickjump1 would post his Road King. I believe that he actually had the frame cut down on his so that it would be lower-slung too. It is so sharp.

linz
--

i ride. here is my baby. its a gsx-r 600 2003. only modifications i have done are drop 1 tooth up front and add 2 teeth to the rear. (more low end) went to a 520 chain conversion (less recipricating mass means more power to the ground), change to GP shift (1st gear up and 2nd - 6th is down), ATRE installed, Sliders (frame and swingarm), flush mount signals (greg's customs), and some misc. carbon fiber stuff. and added a sportbike cam mount to share the fun! here is a pic.

LOOKY LOOKY

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

Um...here in Texas, a lot of trucks make bikes sound quiet

No shit, a lot of those full ton diesels rattle even my truck when they go by. When on my bike I can't even hear *my* bike that I'm on when they go by.

I can also relate to this :D

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!