Tenshi

Bikers

Sooooo...any bikers out here? No need for colors...I'm just talking about people who ride a motorcycle of some sort.

I myself own a GSX600F (sporty touring-bike)
All things considered it's not my cup of tea so I'm probably gonna trade it in for a Gs500 (lighter, easier to manoeuver and naked)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1682880;#1682880

I own a 2005 Yamaha R1. I have about 4000 miles on it. Last weekend I opened it up to 148 and it had plenty left, but I didn't. It was awesome. We had a few bikes on each end of the straight watching for cars.

Ride safe.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

I've got a 2001 Suzuki Marauder 800, 2000 KX100, and a 1981 GS650.:)

I myself own a GSX600F (sporty touring-bike)

Is that similar to the Katana? (The heavy, poor handling pseudo-sport bike)

All things considered it's not my cup of tea so I'm probably gonna trade it in for a Gs500 (lighter, easier to manoeuver and naked)

Have you looked at the SV650 or Kawasaki EX500?

Hi another Motorcyclist here... ..

My list of bikes owned ....

Yam' DT175MX
Kawa' Z250
Beamish Suzuki 250 (trials bike)
Kawa' Z650
Moto Guzzi 850 Leman MkII (sweet!!)B|
Ducati 900 Desmo Darma (awsome) B|B|B|
Ducati 600 Monster (Great Fun)
Harley 1200 Sportster (!! really)
Laverda 750 S (weak engine >:()
Yam R6 (most excellent)
Yam R6 (certainly was so, I got another) - crashed this!!>:(
Harley 883 Sporty (time to sloooow down ..... f'now:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Here's mine (again)....but I don't think I've posted it as many times as Dave (who has a shit hot bike) has posted his....B|

It's a 2002 Dyna Wide Glide with Screamin' Eagle big bore carbeurator and intake, Vance & Hines Straightshots, and Mustang seat.... Has about 18,500 or so miles (5,000 since mid March...hee)

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Here's mine (again)....but I don't think I've posted it as many times as Dave (who has a shit hot bike) has posted his....B|

It's a 2002 Dyna Wide Glide with Screamin' Eagle big bore carbeurator and intake, Vance & Hines Straightshots, and Mustang seat.... Has about 18,500 or so miles (5,000 since mid March...hee)

linz

THATS a sweet ride :-)
My friend is dying for a Wide Glide and we argue over which is the best all the time.

Wide Glide vs Fat Boy

Of course the Fat Boy is the clear winner! ;)

I'm going to be adding a windshield and a backrest to my fatty in 2 weeks.
__

My mighty steed

Of course its the Fat Boy

I agree that your Fat Boy is a very nice scooter. I do think that mine's a little bit sexier though....;)

Rick (Rickjump1) has a BEAUTIFUL Road King. Maybe he'll feel compelled to post a pic.

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Of course its the Fat Boy

I agree that your Fat Boy is a very nice scooter. I do think that mine's a little bit sexier though....;)

Peace~
linz

I'll grant you that. Yours looks hot :)
Except for my mufflers, mine looks dead stock at the moment, but that will be changing with time and infusions of $$ ;)

I'm far from finished :)
As a matter of personal taste, I prefer the softtail styling more and the hefty front end on the Fat Boy.

I'll catch up in the sex appeal dept soon enough!
__

My mighty steed

I'm more of a sports bike fan, but you gotta love the sound of those Harleys and they are some of the sweetest looking bikes on the road.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

I'm more of a sports bike fan, but you gotta love the sound of those Harleys and they are some of the sweetest looking bikes on the road.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the sound that Harleys make. I walked past one just as some dude revved up his engine, and I thought I was going to go deaf. I tried to shout over it that his bike was annoying. He probably didn't hear me! I don't like cars with a loud bass. I don't like loud bikes. There are noise ordinances for a reason.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I don't like loud bikes.

Sport bikes are often loud as well.

You may not like loud bikes, but I will tell you loud pipes does help keep you safe on the road. I don't expect you to understand that, but if you ever started riding you'd figure that out real quick.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've never actually heard a bike while in my car

Well, I hope you atleast see them.

I know for a fact that people have heard my bike while riding, especially if they don't see me, I've seen them flinch and look very surprised when I go by.

Well I will tell you that my incident rate went down significantly when I put different pipes on my bike.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thats like saying you hate the sound of cars.
Its such a general statement that it has no real meaning.

All Harleys are not the same and they do not all sound the same.
It depends on what kind of pipes and mufflers are on them.

The stock pipes and mufflers are very quiet and quite legal.

Straight pipes are way over the top with loudness and I dont like
them quite that loud.

Mine are in between. Quite easy on the ears when you arent hitting the throttle too hard. You can talk and hear people speak over the idle quite easily, then they get a lot louder when you are cranking on the throttle.
__

My mighty steed

Actually, I take that back. I will hear them when I'm stopped at a red light, and if they're right next to me. With my windows rolled up, my AC cranked all the way up, and music playing, I don't hear much of anything.

When I'm outside taking a walk in a park, the most annoying thing is to hear a bike that is breaking a noise ordinance.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning