Tenshi

Bikers

BTW, how could you stop so close to 400??!? (Thats my current goal)

Cause that wasn't my goal. Never really had a true goal in how much weight I could lift, I just enjoyed lifting heavy. Other things in my life got in the way of lifting weights. So what I'm doing to solve that is getting rid of my gym membership, then spending a bit for a couple of benches and a lot of plates for my house. Then I can workout when I want, and I'll get to pick the music.B|

I like to have a goal. Its not a mark that I HAVE to hit, but it helps me to have something to focus my efforts on.

As far as my direction, I'm going the exact opposite or you :)
I had a basement full of good equipment that I used all the time. Moved 6 months ago and had to put it all in storage and join a gym.
Now I'll never go back. I get a FAR better workout at the gym because I have no distractions that constantly come at me when I'm at home. My workouts are far more focused and intense than when I was working out at home.
No matter how good my equipment was, I just didnt have the variety they have at my gym, and I go at night so I rarely, if ever, have to wait for a piece of equipment.

To me, its well worth the cost and the inconvienience of going out. I wish I had made the change sooner. Maybe I'd be hitting that 400 lb mark by now.

Too bad you cant buy my stuff. I'm trying to sell it all but the cost of shipping 500 lbs of olympic plates to Texas would be...well..more than you would want to pay I think ;)
__

My mighty steed

I'm going to disagree with you there. I've been riding for about 11 years, and I wouldn't get a 600SS as a first sportbike, much less tell someone to get one as a first bike.

Amen.

It's just like the guy who wants to go to the cross-braced pocket-rocket @ 200 jumps. Every one thinks they'll be the exception. And for a lot of people it does turn out fine. Even a 600 sportbike is not a good first bike!! Uhg... It's not just a matter of "well, it has more power so I'll just repect it and be ok" Go get 1000cc cruiser as a first bike, I wouldn't care that much... leave the 600ss for later.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I agree I love that bike too.I use to ride on the back of a nija900 but cannot handle that myself because I am only 5"3;)I want that bike soooo baadddd!! There is only one problem now for me ....I got in car accident and I don't think croch rockets will be good for my (compressed vertibrae) at all:( Anyone know or have experience in that area....i want to buy a bike still but haven't been on one since my accident...but I'm healed now just a little sore...but that won't stop me from skydiving:P

Blue Skies and Terminal Memories 4 Life

There is only one problem now for me ....I got in car accident and I don't think croch rockets will be good for my (compressed vertibrae) at all:( ...but I'm healed now just a little sore...but that won't stop me from skydiving:P

[:/] Sorry to hear about the car accident. However, you sound like you have recovered well and enough to skydive!!! Awesome. ;)