cmchristian

Must See Places in Europe

Hi all,

I am getting ready to head to Europe to visit some friends and have a vacation for a month. What are some places that I cannot miss while I am there also are there any great places to jump (I will be taking my rig)? A few of the places I have in mind are: London, Stonehenge, Scotland, Ireland, Paris, Prague, Berlin, Transylvania, Rome, and Milan. Would love to add a few more.

Chris
--------
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy s#$* what a ride!'"

if you are going to italy, you should DEFINITELY check out the boboli gardens in florence... it is beyond gorgeous...

also in england you should check out bath...

i've not been to any other european countries but from what i have experienced those are must sees :) have a blast!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

i'm travelling Europe right now. Krakow and Budapest are absolutely beautiful and fun. Bratislava has a good nightlife, but there's not too much to see.

A lot of it also depends on what you're looking for: sightseeing or dinking?
This ad space for sale.

Check out the Salzberg area in Austria, and the Bavaria region of Southern Germany. It's like stepping into the set of "The Sound Of Music".

The Salzburg salt mine tour is cool

Neu Schwanztein (spelling?) is gorgeous - you'll recognize where Disney got their castle from when you see it.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Goto York they have some awesome viking history there. The yorvich museum kicks major ass. When i lived in Blackpool i used to take all the americans there they loved it
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Make sure you get up to Interlaken. Skydive Interlaken is a tandem factory, but all the other stuff is really neato. Google it and you'll see what I mean.

:)
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

Well, I just went to Europe in July and enjoyed all the places we went to. Here's a rundown:

England: London, Cambridge, Windsor
France: Paris, Versaille, Reims and the surrounding Champagne area
Germany: Triers, Cologne and the Mosel River area (for the Reislings!)

Germany is so much more beautiful than I thought it was. Let me know if you want any more info on places to go and things to do. I highly recommend the Rick Steves Travel Guides to get you around the areas. He has really good walking tours and gives very good info and recommendations.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If i where you, i Would add Voss in Norway to your list for places to jump. Scotland only has weekend jumping really at strathallan or st.Andrews, Dont know enough about the activities at paragon to comment but I am sure bothe would be more than happy to have you chris. If in scotland the place to visit would be Edinburgh for landmarks, castle and so on. If you like stunning scenery go north to Sutherland and Cathness and Cairngorms regions. this link should helpwww.camusnagaul.com. Hope this help.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

I agree about Amsterdam. I was there a LONG time ago and the Heineken tours started at 9:00am! That was way too early for me to start drinking beer! The coffee shops are a definite must if you're into that sort of thing!

I didn't do the Heinekin tour, but when we were in Denmark, we did an afternoon tour of the Tuborg factory. Loads of fun, great beer, and Denmark was beautiful!

I really found Eastern Europe to be the most fascinating. Moscow and St. Petersburg are both amazing, if you can make it to Russia. Berlin has so much history that I could probably spend a week just taking different walking tours there. It kind of depends on what kind of history you're into. Aside from the historic sites, you can check out the pretty/secluded areas like Cinque Terre, Italy, and Gimmelwald, Switzerland.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

i agree with mnealtx... definitely austria and salzburg.
i was born in, and lived in austria, and go there every year because my family is still there, and i absolutely love the country.
i am sure you will love salzburg...go hiking in the alps, if you can, and see kals and tirol and all those lovely places.

prague is also a very nice place to visit, as are london and italy, which i see you are planning on seeing.

i hope you have a great time!! be safe and enjoy =)

If you're coming to Europe and you're bringing your rig, Empuriabrava in Spain is a must visit, the biggest dropzone in Europe and arguably one of the most scenic dropzones in the world.

What time of year are you thinking of travelling as well?

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

Dude, SWITZERLAND. The Matterhorn is the most beautiful place on earth. If there is anywhere I would go back to, it's there.

Oh, and if you're headed for Germany, be sure to hit up Rotenburg (spelling?). It's a sweet place.

And even though it's a very sad and somber place, if you have some free time I'd recommend visiting Dachau just for the educational experience.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Since you're taking your rig, you MUST go to Empuria Brava. It is such an amazing dz. It's very beautiful. The people are great. It's a little over an hour from Barcelona, which is also amazing.

I also loved Scotland.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

This is my take on travelling in Europe:
there are so many amazing places within such short distances, that winging it is the best way to go. Do not try to see everything. Spend as much time as you enjoy it in one place, then head to the train station, look up at the different destinations, pick one and go there. You will have the most amazing experience, and will end up seeing things that are not on travel guides...
Have fun.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Here would be my suggestion ... pick a few places and spend a good amount of time there. I (for one) find vacations more pleasant when I can set up in one place for a few days or even a week and explore via day trips, rather than waking up every morning, packing up, and going to a new place. For a month trip you've already got a lot of places listed and are looking for more... resign yourself to the idea that you're not going to see everything in one trip, and pick a few and really enjoy them.

There's some great suggestions here already ... I'd second the recommendation on Moscow and St. Petersburg, and add Greece in there.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke