cocheese

What famous band have you lived closest to ?

Dave Grohl grew up here in Springfield, long before I got here though. B|

Don

His mom was my AP English teacher! He was a year ahead of me so he'd graduated (from a different school) and was playing in Scream (a band in DC that he was in before Nirvana). She was super cool and supportive and would go to his shows all the time.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

In college some of my friends would go see Dave Matthews before he hit it big.

My last year of college, Dave Matthews Band was the Tuesday night band at Trax, a bar in Charlottesville. When they first started people just called them "Boyd Tinsley's new band" (since the Boyd Tinsley Band was the big thing in the few years before that...).

Now Dave lives in Seattle and we go to the same dentist.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Well, I lived in Seattle for a while, so you start the list from there for me..... K? ;)

I miss that 90's Seattle scene even though I didn't live there back then. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, Mother Love Bone, ETC......

...and Sir MixAlot, and the Beatniks, and a ton of other metal and grunge bands that I can't think of right now...I know a BIG name band that was 'nobody' then was playing at a frat house when I was at UW, but I can't remember who they were now! :ph34r:

I lived 3 miles from a girl band...I think it was 'Heart'? Was that the name of a girl band? I don't remember for sure, but I think that's right. :P

And Jimmy Hendrix is buried 4 blocks from my old apartment. B| (at least, he was buried there. I heard a rumor that they had to move his body due to grave robbers...:S
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

About 17/18 years ago when I had was partner in a concert promotor company 10.000 maniacs was the first (and only) concert we organized. I was young and had a lot of fun then. Met a lot of bands in person around that time (1987). Met Stevie Nicks when she just came out of the Betty Ford! Bangles, Stevie Wonder, King Swamp, Roxette and some others.

I used to live almost next door to the first drummer of The Golden Earing (famous for "Radar Love").

Cheers,
Gonzo

Nice to meet you toot!

Th Black Crowes and Collective Soul are from Atlanta. Collective Soul co owns a bar/restaurant that is next to where I work and they are in there from time to time.

I met Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes in a club a few years ago. Then a little over a month ago I saw him and Kate Hudson at a restaurant a couple of blocks from my house. They live in New York and California but he keeps a house in Atlanta that had before they got married. The rest of the band lives here.

B|

I spent a summmer in San Fransciso, and Craig Chequio (sp?), the guitarist from Starship lived next door to me in Mill Valley, CA.

Related: At the bottom of our street, there was/is a bar. The bar was where Heuy Lewis & The News hung out and the pool table in the bar was used as the back drop for one of thier album covers.

Back here on the east coast, I used to listen to Tracy Chapman playing her guitar in Harvard Square Cambridge, MA before she got signed.

Most recently, the guitarist for Boston, Tom (I forget his last name) plays pool every week at a bar I used to work at for a few years.

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Well, I was born in Liverpool - but a couple of years after a certain four young men had already upped sticks and made it big elsewhere...

Oh, and the comedian Freddy Starr (possibly little known outside the UK!) went to my school.

Well, if you include the entire city, then I can claim all the London bands in addition to the Stones who were from my neighborhood.

And when I was at college in Cambridge, Pink Floyd was the local garage band. Cream played at our end-of year ball in 1967.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

About 17/18 years ago when I had was partner in a concert promotor company 10.000 maniacs was the first (and only) concert we organized. I was young and had a lot of fun then. Met a lot of bands in person around that time (1987). Met Stevie Nicks when she just came out of the Betty Ford! Bangles, Stevie Wonder, King Swamp, Roxette and some others.

I used to live almost next door to the first drummer of The Golden Earing (famous for "Radar Love").

Cheers,
Gonzo

:o You met Stevie Nicks!!!! She is my idol!!! You are so lucky!!!!!

my body, my choice

The lead singer of Alabama lives across the street from my best freinds grandparents in Ft Payne Ala. I have lived in Hotlanta and now live 30 min from nashville so there have been 1 or 2 bands come from here. I once got a kiss from the chick that sings for Lords of Acid.

Lots- seeing as I'm from the Chicago Area.

Michael McDermott (singer songwriter with a few CDs out) is from Chicago and actually played at a wedding I went to. The groom (a friend of ours) had done some photography work for him or something, so he did the wedding gig as a thank you! He's not a huge star, but I've got at least 2 of his Cds, so hearing him up close and personal like that was a real treat!