jumpchikk

How Many Lives Do You Have Left?

Honestly I think I'm on my last 1 out of nine. The only reason I know that I'm not past that is that I'm still sitting here, or the guy that keeps track of that sort of thing has forgotten about me in the shuffle of paperwork.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Those who know me well say that I have outlived more than 9.

I guess it will be interesting.

My luck I will die a slow horrible death.

Only time will tell.

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Okay, well, dayum after reading all of these replies, I don't feel so bad. :P

I've also thought about how many times I've come really close to death but was oblivious to it. Like how many people really have wanted to kill me and have come close, but never went through with it. :D:D:D

I'm already down to 5. -1 Being pushed off the ferry into Galveston Bay, pulled out by pissed off crewmen, -2 Engine failure while cruising in Beechcraft Bonanza, only saved by Dad (who is a retired Air Force fighter pilot) making the most spectacular open field landing in the history of aviation, -3 Knife fight in New Orleans, some hustler tried to jack me for some cash, so I pulled out a leatherman tool(?) and he pulled out a switchblade, -4 OD on illegal substances (which I will never touch again) laid in my friends backyard twitching and puking for about 2 hours before they took me to the hospital. Yikes, as disaster prone as I am, skydiving will probably eat 4 of my last 5 (I'm saving the last life for a heart attack while having sex with Jenny McCarthy and Carmen Electra)

Grendel Khan-The Official DZ.Com Newbie Forum Nuisance
"They sicken of the calm, that know the storm."

Okay, well, dayum after reading all of these replies, I don't feel so bad. :P

I've also thought about how many times I've come really close to death but was oblivious to it. Like how many people really have wanted to kill me and have come close, but never went through with it. :D:D:D

I think I'm in the negative now....
Scars remind us that the past is real

Let's see....
1. Age 6 stopped breathing (unknown reason) Rescue breathing to the hospital and a few days later released.

2. Age 8 fell off a 15' slide and landed on my head. KNocked out but otherwise fine (other then my mental issues now) ;)

3. Age 13 thought pipe bombs were a great idea and after a few sucessful attempts one went off too fast (short fuse?) Caught a few pieces of shrapnel in the face. Actually had a piece work its way out after a few years.

4. Age 22 On my 4 wheeler just hit a nice jump and a small dune buggy crossed in front of me while I was in the air. Unable to avoid it I hit it and landed approx 40' from the impact. 3 days in the post critical care unit. Walked away in one piece.

5. Age 23 stabbed in the leg by some drunk at the bar.

6. Almost bit it doing a 120mph stand up on my sport bike. Some how managed to save it.

7. Age 33 had line dump on deployment and the opening shock knocked me silly. Next thing I know the guy I was doing a freefly with is in my canopy and we are spinning wildly. He cut away clean and when I cut his lines were tangled around my right ankle. I had to cut them away and once clear I was able to go for my reserve. After recovering my canopy the rigger found 6 broken lines, the stitching on one of my risers had blown out and my Stiletto 150 (with only 125 jumps) had multiple tears the biggest of which was about 3 feet long. Everyone that saw it said there was no way I should have walked away from it. My only injuries was a sore neck/back and some abbrasions on my ankle.

So unless I forgot a thing or two then I am still 2 to the good. :ph34r:

They say that cats have nine lives... so based on this theory for humans, how many lives do you have left?

I say I am down to 5 and the last 3 incidents have happened in the last 3 months. It's had me thinking A LOT about things.

I used up all 9 before I was 18... :D
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Let's see ...

I was a "blue baby", so I used at least one up on entrance to this plane.

I had a major closed head injury like our friend C Muenkel during my freshman year in college. Another friend fell inmuch the same way during field day that spring -- we buried him three days later.

Got mugged at knifepoint that same year.

One or two incidents while in the AF used up at least two more.

Missed going into power lines at Flagler in '95 by less than two feet.

I surely used one up when I bounced at Quincy -98.

Can you say "Bonus days?"

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?