namdrib

Fed Ex and stolen Gear.!!!

Just to let everyone know, keep your eyes out for a Blue and yellow Wings container with a Tempo 170 reserve and a Cypres II that comes with a Gear bag that matches the container.

Fed Ex decided to deliver my package containing the above stuff to A DIFFERENT ADDRESS AND DIFFERENT NAME!!!!! Now they are having trouble locating the package. If they do not find today, I will post Serial #'s of everything. I know most of you would not say so, but I have the right to say it, FED EX SUCKS!!!! Appearently the driver for my area smoked a big fat one prior to making the delivery. Just an FYI!!!
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

I had a similar experience with UPS. I sold a video camera on ebay. the buyer was in Canada. She didn't get in surance and UPS lost the package the trail stops at customs. so she makes a claim to paypal and get s a charge back to her credit card via paypal. now I'm out a camera and the money I sold it for.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Yup...same thing happened to me with my camera lenses. $2000 worth of L lenses left on my steps for my apartment neighbor to steal...>:(

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Just a note. ALWAYS insure gear when you ship it. And declare a high value that will REQUIRE A SIGNATURE.

Second. To the guy that shipped to Canada. I have actually contacted customs myself and found items on my own. I have done this in England, Canada and Sweden. Don't give up because some UPS employee did. Call yourself and be persistant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Here is an update, the package was left at a woman's door. So much for signature required, the lady works 12 hours during the day so it looks like the driver forged her name or something. At least we think we know where the gear is, should find out something in about 2 hours. Will keep you posted.

FED EX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

edited because I read your latest news..........

But if fedex sucks as bad as you seem to feel, those of us who rely on overnight deliveries as part of our jobs are in big trouble, because they suck a lot less than their competition.

Just a note. ALWAYS insure gear when you ship it. And declare a high value that will REQUIRE A SIGNATURE.

Fed Ex will not always honor a need for a signature. I just had my canopy shipped back from PD. On the box it clearly stated, "Signature required. No exceptions" (paraphrase).

It was sitting on my back porch when I got home.

:|

I may be calling FedEx about that soon.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

For the record, it WAS insured and it WAS signature required. That is for the people in here that came to that dumb ass conclusion!!!! Sheeesh!!!!

I wasn't saying that your package was not insured, I was just warning others that plan to ship gear, to make sure it is.

Just take some deep breaths. Your gear will arrive. PM me if you want to hear some real horror stories of mis-delivered gear.

All the companies do it. DHL left a package in the rain on a day when the DZ is closed. Yup. It was a brand new custom container.

UPS delivered to the wrong business. A secured facility. And that was a nice adventure to get back.

FED EX couldn't find us out here in the sticks, so they just left our packages in a warehouse and waited for us to call them. It had been there for over a week, and noone called the shipper or the receiver.

Delivery companies are great..... until they are not!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

one time I was having something shipped to me, but the company screwed up my address when they created the shipping label. Instead of marking it undeliverable and returning to sender, FedEx pulled out the phone book and found the one listing in the DC area with my exact first and last name, and rerouted the package to that person. Nevermind that the two addresses were completely different and almost 40 miles apart.

Luckily, I was checking the tracking about a dozen times a day, so I noticed the problem. I was able to pick it up from the regional warehouse before they put it on the truck for delivery. Sure enough, the original address label had been covered up with a new, wrong label.

Tell them to go outside and look under the Golf Cart.:P It is your gear and all.. Seems like a reasonable place to check.;)

LMAO!!!

I do hope you get your gear back. One time I was shipping some stuff to Canadia and UPS said the driver got in a wreck and was dead and the stuff was gone. Insurance paid for it no problem.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I sent some stuff to my mom via Fed Ex. There was a 5 disk CD changer, an am/fm receiver, a VCR and some speakers. The CD changer got damaged on the way and Fed Ex's policy is to pick up the damaged goods, inspect it, then return it to the original sender before sending the check for the damaged material. Anyway, they pick it up, inspect it and then...the package gets lost on it's way back. I call Fed Ex about 10 times and each time they say it's in a different place but they put a note in to make sure it's coming back to me. Then I tracked it ALL OVER THE COUNTRY! Note that I was just sending it from San Francisco to SoCal. It went back and forth and finally, this is even after I received the refund check from Fed Ex for the damage, a full 3 months after it was originally shipped, my mother received the damaged cd changer again. :D

I just told her to toss it out.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

For the record, it WAS insured and it WAS signature required. That is for the people in here that came to that dumb ass conclusion!!!! Sheeesh!!!!

Hey hero...People don't insure stuff all the time, and a signature release is not a requirement. I know you are upset, but no reason to jump all over everyone for asking a question.

As for FedEx...They have the best rating for a reason. And it seems people always take things for granted till something goes wrong and then that thing instantly sucks.

PM sent.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Hey hero...People don't insure stuff all the time, and a signature release is not a requirement. I know you are upset, but no reason to jump all over everyone for asking a question.
reply]

Thanks for calling me a hero, but I didn't see a question in that statement. Regardless, sorry for making such a shrewed comment. Anxiety took over. I see so much "Know it all" answers on here that it really threw me off.

ANYWHO!!!!! Package recovered, FEDEX STILL has not contacted me, however, the wife and I spent countless hours yesterday knocking on several doors and leaving several notes. At 6:30 last night, a woman called and said that she had the package! The mystery is still there though, The Package WAS NOT signed for, the package was LEFT at her door and THE WRONG ADDRESS!!!! And like I said, FEDEX STILL has not contacted me with any information about it. Going to see just how long it takes them to get with me, I made it quite clear yesterday morning that I was BEYOND pissed!!! But yet, they just don't seem to care.

So, for those that were offended by my FedEx remarks, I sincerely apologize!!! For those that joined in with me, Thanks. For those that made the Golf Cart reference, Maybe they should have let you deliver it, I know it would have been right in front of me when I got there!!! ;) And yet there are still no hard feelings. Hey, legs are doing fine, by the way.:P