Kramer

GTA: San Andreas - BASE Jumping

Theres a big mountain on the upper left in the map.. Is it jumpable?

Yes. :)

Are water landing in San Andreas survivable, or is it guaranteed death like in the other GTA games?

Yes - you can actually swim now! YAY!
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Ok, now heres the deal..
Try to find suitable objects to complete your B.A.S.E # in GTA: San Andreas.

can you repack between jumps or do you only have 1 jump per game ? Or several rigs?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Specifically, it's in Missionary Hill which is in southern San Fierro. In southern SF there's a golf course (Avispa Country Club). It's south of there up the hill.

Or, find Mount Chiliad. Separating Mt. Chiliad and San Fiero is a river. Just north of that is Missionary Hill where the antenna is (on top of the hill).

hope tom will not edit this post to remove the locations... You know, burning objects and stuff :):P

Ok, now heres the deal..
Try to find suitable objects to complete your B.A.S.E # in GTA: San Andreas.

can you repack between jumps or do you only have 1 jump per game ? Or several rigs?

1 jump per rig, but the rigs respawn fairly quickly....

I'm not 100% on this, if you jump from the tower of a suspention bridge is that an S or a B?

either way I'd have my number, I need to redo the A to get a decent photo, even with the "new toy" it can be a pain to get up there.

PS, do not try and jump the dam

I'm not 100% on this, if you jump from the tower of a suspention bridge is that an S or a B?

to me it would be an S, or an O for Other. Better ask in the BASE forum to make sure... :P

Guys I found a jumbo jet at the Las Ventures airport. Walk up to the HUGE hanger on the southeast end of the airport, the door starts to come down, and behind it is an enourmous jet (which of course if you have a rig, you can bail out of and make a skydive).

There's also a pretty pimp helicoptor on this airport property.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

you can do that whenever from the Easter Bay airport.. its $500 a lift and you have to bail as soon as it lets you exit and pull imediately if you want to make it back to the air port for another..

i find it easier to grab the heliocopter and jump near the parachute locations
as long as you spot it right the helo will auto rotate (faster than you in freefall) and be ready to fly when you land next to it to get the chute again...

rinse repeat etc... i've got 100ish helo jumps just playing around with it....

For your S if you want a dry landing you can jump the bridge just north of Mulholland (the one that goes to Madd Doggs crib) Really low jump but you land on the pavement just outside of Los Santos.

Joe

_

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

Two cool things I've found:

In Los Santos, there is a small property that has exits for all four BASE letters within a 5 second walk. I have a picture that shows all four at once, but I'll wait to see if anyone else found it before I post it. The hardest thing for me was getting on top of the building before I found out how to get a helo.

In another area there is a skyscraper that is hollowed out in the center (in the same way a doughnut is hollowed out). It's cool to jump on the "inside" of the building. It's wicked hard to land, though, unless you pull real low.

What's even cooler than that is to freefall into the center of the building.

I've been playing close to a month and I still only know of the one place to get a rig, on top of that building in Downtown Los Santos. Where else are they?

---Nover

Where else are they?

There is one on top of the fake capitol records building in Los Santos.

There is also one on top of the fake transamerica building in San Fierro. There is no arrow to get into this building, just an open door.

One on top of the Green Emerald Casion in Las Venturas, but you can only get there by landing on the roof with the helicpoter, parachute, or other flying device.

There's One on top of Mount Chilliad in the southwest corner of the map.

There's one on top of the mountain overlooking the lake and the dam in the desert.

You automatically get one whenever you get into an airplane or helicopter.

Ok... this is just for playing round as it's a cheat so it will affect your overall score if you save and complete the game after using it. So once entered don't save the game or if you do use a different save to continue with the missions on your previous one.

Enter:
L1
L2
R1
R2
Up
Down
Left
Right

[repeat - ie do the above twice in total]

A jetpack will appear on your back and can be climbed in and out of just like a car. You can do this almost anywhere although sadly not in freefall half way down the front of a high building without a parachute... you just impact the ground. B|

Nor can you fly up real high and simply step out of it and into freefall. [:/]

Controls are pretty simple - the least obvious of which is holding R1 for a climbing pass.

If you ever get bored there are loads of other cheats for the game including such fun things as spawning a tank, starting a riot, arming all the pedestrians, turning all the drivers into crazed maniacs... and of course arming yourself to the teeth. B|

(or if you want to play with it legally you can complete all of some mission thingy I've not even got close to being allowed to do and it will spawn somwhere... apparently).

This game is just too much fun. I have my B and S, will go looking for A and E. One thing I found was that if you take a motorbike off the building you can land uninjured on top of a different (lower) building then BASE from that. Short canopy rides rule!

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com