Kramer

GTA: San Andreas - BASE Jumping

nice vid.. i can see that you were copying the style of BASE video that doesnt always show the landings.... because i'll be a few of those were "wasted" low pulls. B|

you hit my favorite B with the hole in the middle.. if you pull right you can get a great swoop shot out into the lobby.

i'll have to figure out how to make a vid capture... my favorite B is still the original.. you can track right between adjacent skyscrapers and pull on the other side...B|

yes, riding a motorcycle off the roof is definately fun, you can also go a long way off the mountain as well.

anyway, here's photos for my gta base number

Thats freakin great dude! I love it LOL So you are GTA BASE 1?
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

Hi everyone, please can you watch this video of me doing the four elements of B.A.S.E.! And can someone please tell me how to get my actual base number! thanks, btw its a 4mb download (not very big). Thanks everyone :)
http://www.stevelowry.co.uk/~thesk8movie/basenumber.wmv

You are DA man :) That was funny. Good job!
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

nice vid.. i can see that you were copying the style of BASE video that doesnt always show the landings.... because i'll bet a few of those were "wasted" low pulls. B|

Heh, yeah I was laughing at a couple of those when I watched it too.

Also, he needs to work on his tracking B|

I'm working on a sequel to my last video (linked again cause the file changed a while back) and I'm playing with getting the exits from different starting camera angles. You can really have fun with this and some additional editing.

I might borrow a couple of the exit points I saw here to complete it :P

nice vid.. i can see that you were copying the style of BASE video that doesnt always show the landings.... because i'll bet a few of those were "wasted" low pulls. B|

Heh, yeah I was laughing at a couple of those when I watched it too.

LOL actually there's only one low pull on there that resulted in death, a couple that landed in water were low, but mostly I cut out the canopy rides because I didnt want to slow the pace of the movie down, until after Carl vs Mt Chilead. I did steal more than a few ideas from things I've seen on skydivingmovies.com.

Yeah, the tracking sucks - I've noticed the PC version lets you start a track faster than my PS2, although it could easily be a case of an old controller and me being crap, but I've noticed that on the PS2 you'll flail for a few seconds before entering freefall - which doesnt seem to occur on the PC version either.

Your original video was excellent, I tried to not copy any of your stuff. I'm doing a second one after finding a whole bunch of new places to jump off (using the 10x jump cheat) + something I've not seen on anyone elses videos yet.

Is it wrong that when i'm driving around town my 8 year old will now point out buildings that would be jumpable?

hurry up and get the new vid out.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

I've noticed the PC version lets you start a track faster than my PS2, although it could easily be a case of an old controller and me being crap, but I've noticed that on the PS2 you'll flail for a few seconds before entering freefall - which doesnt seem to occur on the PC version either.

I made mine with the PS2 version, and it's really hit or miss with the flailing before you track. On the Mt Chilead jump at the end of my video, I ran off the camper and started frantically tapping forward on the control stick until I saw him start to track, then held it. He still wobbles a bit, but that was about as good as I was able to get it.

I haven't tried playing the PC version.

I'd be really impressed if they threw the occasional off-heading/object strike in there for good measure. ;)

Oh, man...

I've had one mal but unfortunately I've not been able to recreate it, and I was kicking myself for not recording at the time.

The exit point was the west-most tower of the "bay bridge"

I dumped, the canopy opened half way, stuck like that, I didn't slow down at all, frapped in hardcore, and then the game froze like that.

No, I am doing it without the cheats on the PS2 version.. I don't know if this exit point also works on the pc version.

You really have to time the jump very good as you need 1-2 steps to accelerate enough...

Give it more tries, eventually you will get it then..

Max

Sorry dudes but i have to say this is possibly the WORST game i have ever tried to play in my entire life!
I bought a sweet lappie the other day and a mate of mine installed it for me and after a few hours of play i uninstalled it.
What's with the funky, oversensitive camera angles and crappy game play? Or am i just doing something wrong?

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

It took me ages to get into the game. I found the beginning to be really slow and the new 'realism' to be a little too close to micromanagement territory.

I dont play with the camera angles too much and usually play on my PS2. The PC version doesnt seem too bad but I've only played it for 10 minutes before the change in control methods pissed me off.

After getting thru the initial stupidity I found the game got more and more interesting.

With the PC version I'd probably just download someone elses saved game and have fun.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

Can't say a word about the PC version, as I only tried the PS2 Version..
I bet the controls with the keyboard are a bit funky. Go and buy yourself a PS2-like USB gamepad and see if it's better then..

On the PS2 you can steer the camera-angles manually, but you don't have to.. Most of the time you will see everything perfect. I must admit that it's a little bit tricky when it comes to shooting.. but thats for every shooting game where you don't have a mouse..

What do you mean with crappy game play?

I found the most fun was the story and everything you can do beside completing the missions ;)

Max

That seems like good advice :D

I was so amped to get to the BASE part but i just couldn't stick it out...

I'm a huge fan of first person shooters though so i'm gonna go out and invest in the new Medal Of Honour or something.

Cheers

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky