Kramer

GTA: San Andreas - BASE Jumping

I qualified for my San Andreas BASE Number the same day I received my real world BASE Number (BASE 1022). Dang it's been fun BASE jumping in this game. Here's are my four objects I'd use to qualify with if we had numbers.

Building - Tallest building in downtown Los Santos
Antenna - Tower in Mulholland (overlooking town of Dillimore)
Span - Mulholland Intersection
Earth - Mount Chiliad (track or die site)

I've jumped from many more objects in this game besides those listed above. But these are the sites which I'd use to qualify with. The hardest and last object to obtain was my "A". But I found a tower on top of a cliff overlooking the town of Dillimore that was darn cool to land in with my canopy but then jump off of completing all four objects. Plus there's a nice overhung cliff adjacent to this tower which makes the area tons of fun to play in.

Hmmm ... so many cool exit points found in this game and so many more left to find. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Earth - Mount Chiliad (track or die site)

Where is this site? Do you mean the cliff on the north-side where you have to track a few feet over the trees to clear the talus? You have to jump the exit there, otherwise you will hit the edge.. It's by far the most exciting exit point at chiliad..

Max

OK, so not for PS2...

So I guess if I want freaky sex on TV, I'll have to film my own;)

Nope it can be unlocked in the PS2 with a cheat machine like ARMAX...really not worth my time to buy though.

Here are the codes for those who wish to check it out: http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46818

Anyway, it is silly to complain about nudity in a game where you can kill anyone.

Especially a game where you can kill anyone AND base jump! :ph34r:
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Where is this site? Do you mean the cliff on the north-side where you have to track a few feet over the trees to clear the talus? You have to jump the exit there, otherwise you will hit the edge.. It's by far the most exciting exit point at chiliad..

Yes this sounds like the same exit point. The Chiliad exit point I speak of is atop Mt Chiliad on a platform that you need to jump over. From there there are five talus ledges to clear in your track or die scenario (the best I've done so far is only to clear the first three ledges and usually can only clear the first two).

I really do like this "A" over looking the town of Dellimore with it's adjacent overhung cliff to also jump from. I wonder what other cool exit points that are out there (outside of the countless buildings).

The Chiliad exit point I speak of is atop Mt Chiliad on a platform that you need to jump over.

Hi Steve,

You are speaking of a different exitpoint, but this platform exitpoint is also very nice ;)
I will post some pics of the exitpoint I am speaking of later when I get home - it's really challenging.. B|

Max

I will post some pics of the exitpoint I am speaking of later when I get home - it's really challenging..

Ok, here we go.. Sorry for the very crappy quality.. i took the pictures with my mobile from the TV, but I think it's good enough to give you an idea where this exitpoint is.
You have to use a jetpack or a helicopter to get there. As I said previous you have to jump it, otherwise you won't clear the ledge and track through the trees.. The LZ is on the other side of the river, so don't smoke it too low! Have fun!

Max

Has anybody tried my exitpoint so far?

I found an exit point with an A and an overhung cliff that's kept me busy lately. By I'm a little stagnant with the game right now, so maybe searching for a new object isn't a bad ideal.

I tried to walk to your exit point from the normal Track or Die site but didn't make it. So took to the skies with the chopper after a Track or Die jump and I landed on the wrong spire the first time I tried to get to your exit point. This spot was unjumpable. On my 2nd attempt and your exit point, my spot was bad in marginal weather and I landed again on the wrong spire far away from your exit point. But this new spot proved to be very nice. It's a two level track or die site. Tons of fun. I need to find it again. It's a little north west of your spot. On my 3rd attempt I did find your exit point and jumped it. I didn't think I could clear the trees on your spot, so I just took a short delay and landed on the ledge before the trees. I'm now at the normal track or die site waiting for the WX to clear. I've got to find that site I found by accident again. It was a fun jump I'm also eying that A near your site. It looks ultra low and all. But heck ... it's only a game.

Maxx: that's an awesome exit point. I ended up doing a hop, skip, and a jump down the little slope at the top of that spire, missed the outcropping by inches, and tracked between the treetops.

I ate shit on the outcropping the first time I tried it, the second time I pulled too low smashed head on into the cliff face on the other side of the river and fell into the drink, but the third time (much like the proverbial porridge) was just right.

edited to add: In the video I made a while back, I jump off the feed of the big ear parabolic antenna. an even better exit you can do at that site is jump off the top of the reflector, fall between the feed masts, dump so you open directly between the feed and the reflector, and fly your canopy out of the antenna.

Heh I've been spending my last two weeks doing this in every spare moment (which are rare things, it equals about 40 minutes of play time).

Apparently to the non-dropzone community this is called Stunting, which sounds more like it shoudl be about juvenile smoking.

www.gtastunting.com I think.

Mt Chilead (??) and jumping vehicles off the ramp.....god I need a life.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

Some good cheats for base jumping needs. PC only.

BASE RIG: AIYPWZQP
HEALTH ARMOR CASH: HESOYAM
MEGA JUMP: LFGMHAL
NEVER WANTED: AEZAKMI
JETPACK: YECGAA
SUNNY WEATHER: AFZLLQLL
CARS FLY: RIPAZHA
NEVER GET HUNGRY: AEDUWNV
STUNT PLANE: FLYINGTOSTUNT
QUAD: AKJJYGLC
HARRIER JET: JUMPJET

do u have some codes for ps2

I have 4 cheats taped to the top of my Ps2: rig, jetpack, hunter (chopper), hydra (harrier).

Then I do the ninja cheat so everyone wears black and carries swords and drives cool black cars.

And then I spend hours jumping off every available surface (in the game, not in my house.......any more).

I am so totally and utterly hopeless. Maybe I should go jump at the Ranch and hope someone sabotages my equipment.

I refuse to let this thread die.

Being timely I'm about 12 months late to the video party, but here's my first attempt at doing video from a PS2 game...via VCR, Tivo, Tivodesktop, bitshifting the tivo file to something usable and finally editing the damn thing.

GTASA Vid

Sorry, WMV format.

Nice video. I saw several new exit points on your video which I've yet to find (so I need to find them), but at the same time I didn't see some of my regularly hit sites in your vid as well. It's all god though. Good work on the video. ;)

Thanks, That 6 minutes is culled from 60 minutes of jumping (I'm a huge geek and I'm methodically jumping off every surface I can find. I put the vid together for Darius after a conversation we had a couple of weeks ago at the DZ about him not having seen the game, then I realized that I'd put some stuff in there I hadn't seen in other GTA videos so figured I'd share.

I was really paranoid about copying other peoples stuff - except for using the camper as a boost on the platform of Mt Chilead, which I stole totally from someone elses video.

If you wanted help finding the exits pm me with the jumps in question and I'll try to remember where they are. I've actually started sitting down with the included map and am trying to find a useful notation system for marking every exit i can find. Yes, I did say I was geek.

That video was awesome!! Great job. I think I will spend the rest of the day doing some virtual base jumps now.

I have got one question, where do you find the Harrier? I've only gotten it in the checkpoint races and I can't find it on the aircraft carrier (someone told me thats were it was).

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

There's a mission later in the game where you will procure it for yourself. In the mean time....

T = Triangle, S = Square, C = circle X = X

T, T, S, C, X, L1, L1, D, U (off the top of my head)

I think its called a Hydra in the cheat lists.

I've just found a few more new ones, so might have to tivo those too.