Kramer

GTA: San Andreas - BASE Jumping

For those of you into video games, you can BASE Jump off of a skyscraper in the new Grand Theft Auto game.

Located towards the bottom right of the map is a skyscraper you can go to the top of. On the roof is a rig, you can jump off and pull (or not pull) at your will.

It's a VERY well made feature. You can track in freefall, stall your canopy, do a mediocre excuse for a hook turn, it's very very cool. :)

A little hint, if you go into the building while riding a BMX or a Crotch-Rocket, you can jump off the building riding one of those, and you don't need a rig, 'cause you magically land on the bike just fine after some fun acrobatics in the air. ;) So ya, for all you video gamers, enjoy.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

That blows. Then again, if I cared enough, instead of buying games for what ever system my roommate at the time has, I'd go buy my own system.:P

Don't want to buy one now anyways, since its about time for a new generation of systems to come out.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

For those of you into video games, you can BASE Jump off of a skyscraper in the new Grand Theft Auto game.

Located towards the bottom right of the map is a skyscraper you can go to the top of. On the roof is a rig, you can jump off and pull (or not pull) at your will.

It's a VERY well made feature. You can track in freefall, stall your canopy, do a mediocre excuse for a hook turn, it's very very cool. :)

A little hint, if you go into the building while riding a BMX or a Crotch-Rocket, you can jump off the building riding one of those, and you don't need a rig, 'cause you magically land on the bike just fine after some fun acrobatics in the air. ;) So ya, for all you video gamers, enjoy.

Steal a car and then drive to the airport. Once at the airport it wont let you in until you've got your pilots license. Simply pull the car alongside the concrete wall, then jump on the car and then up onto and climb over the wall. On the other side you will find a small cesna 182 (DoDo) or at the far end of the runway you can pilot a small corporate jet. You can climb pretty high in the planes, it just takes a while. There are helo's at the Easter bay airport, but I only made it there once and they were locked.

The only thing that sucks about the rig is its a one time use only deal. So go to the building, get the rig, then go back out the door and to the airport.

Happy jumping, I know I had fun B|

I don't see a skyscaper at the bottom right of the map... what area exactly is it in? Downtown Los Santos?

So is it really as cool as Miami? I think I may have to go out and buy this one!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I don't see a skyscaper at the bottom right of the map... what area exactly is it in? Downtown Los Santos?

So is it really as cool as Miami? I think I may have to go out and buy this one!

Oh yeah... if you liked the first one or Vice City - you'll love this one! First, this map is HUGE! Second, some of the controls make a little more sense. You can even ride bicycles and stuff now. Oh yeah, and find the rig and steal a plane (thanks for the tip on that) The planes even fly better/more realistic on this one. And when you bail out, it looks like he's actually skydiving, not just falling - it might just be me, but I'm pretty sure he dipped a shoulder to turn! :D:D Oh yeah, and I guess you can actually swim now (instead of just drowning if you hit the water) I like it!
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Look at the map, there is a building on the map that is a perfect circle towards the bottom right, it's not very big, go to that circle.

[B]BIG DAMN UPDATE:

I just hijacked a plane from the airport wearing my rig...guess what you can do?!?! !!!!! !!!!! :)
Crap slurpie already discovered that, but I don't care, 'cause I'm super-hyper!! ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I already found it. I actually left my nav marker thing (that you get set now on the map - hella cool) on it. I've made a few jumps already - out of a plane twice! :D This game is freakin' cool... all the games in the game you can play - basketball, pool, video games all over, etc.
I'm not sure what happened, but I guess if you steal a plane and go out of the area you're supposed to be in, you get 4 stars and they shoot the plane down! (no more hiding from the cops in the air on this one I guess) Luckily, I had a parachute! Ended up landing in a baseball field and had to drive clear back to Los Santos while being chased (that sucked)

This map is huge - there's 3 cities, all about the size of Vice City, with wide open spaces inbetween. And the vehicles change depending on where you are - trying to get back I passed through this little 'farming town' - there were tractors on the road and the police drove off-road vehicles :D I hijacked a train too :)
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

That blows. Then again, if I cared enough, instead of buying games for what ever system my roommate at the time has, I'd go buy my own system.:P

Don't want to buy one now anyways, since its about time for a new generation of systems to come out.B|

Dave - new systems may not be out until 2006, for the holidays. That is best case scenario right now.

They just released a slimed down version of the PS2 for $149 - but it can never add on a hard drive.

BTW - you may want to get the game now, there are protests galore surrounding this game and asking it to remove some of its content.

impressive...they even included the slider. but no leg/chest straps, whats up with that??

Remember dude, BASE is about stealth. The legstraps are under his pants, and the cheststrap is the new invisible blend mod, for dayblazing skyscrapers.

I'm not sure what happened, but I guess if you steal a plane and go out of the area you're supposed to be in, you get 4 stars and they shoot the plane down! (no more hiding from the cops in the air on this one I guess)

You're supposed to be on parole ;)

leave the city and you've got hell to pay from the authorities.

[beavis & butthead]
duh duh duhduhduh breakin the law, breakin the law!
[/beavis & butthead]