thegreekone

Favorite Sushi

I like to think I am a purist and feast on nigiri. That said, I have been known to enjoy a spider roll or two (hundred) . spidey's here consist of tempura-ed soft sheel crab, avocado, and japanese mayo-NAISE.

some of my faves include, but are not limited to..

fatty tuna (duh)
salmon roe (WITH quail egg, of course)
squid
whitefish
abalone
and especially sea urchin...if it's good
lobster sashimi....if and when you can find it
eel, even though it is cooked
octopus, cause bein greek I was eating it in the womb

*primed for sushi tonight*

I've said this before as we've had MANY sushi threads....

But I don't get tired of talking about my favorite cuisine;););)

I LOVE sashimi & sushi. We order take-out from THE BEST sushi-joint in the entire world every Thursday night (they have ruined me on all other sushi places---super, super fresh, special rice, real wasabi...the nines, baby, the nines!), and sometimes other nights in addition.

My favorite roll has to be a spicy tuna (sidenote: 99% of my favorites are raw)

Favorite sashimi is sockeye salmon and white tuna.

Mmmmmmmmm......I'm SO craving sushi right now, damn you;)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I like to think I am a purist and feast on nigiri. That said, I have been known to enjoy a spider roll or two (hundred) . spidey's here consist of tempura-ed soft sheel crab, avocado, and japanese mayo-NAISE.

some of my faves include, but are not limited to..

fatty tuna (duh)
salmon roe (WITH quail egg, of course)
squid
whitefish
abalone
and especially sea urchin...if it's good
lobster sashimi....if and when you can find it
eel, even though it is cooked
octopus, cause bein greek I was eating it in the womb

*primed for sushi tonight*

I love it all, but my favorite are Mackerel and Sea Bass. Mmmmm.... Shol' would like some....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

man that's 2 replies with something about "quail egg" already :S is it the whole egg or the insides?!?!?!?

bagel rolls (salmon + heavenly good cream cheese) TEMPURA is the only way to go. i like eel sashimi too, just not in a roll.

~hollywood

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

It is hard to limit it to just one.....but I will tell all of you fellow Sushi lovers that if you are ever in Tulsa, OK there is a place called "In the Raw" that serves it up right!

Whenever I get down there it is always a highlight of the trip.

I cannot believe no on has said this yet..

FREE!!!

How about "all you can eat"? That's what I'm going for tonight. It's the next best thing to free, I think. B|

Damn straight!!!

Mmm I havent been out for sushi in a long time..I havent been able to get hold of my sushi buddy....:|
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I was thinking about sushi all day and I was going to suggest it to Jason when he called to make plans for the evening. Before I even got a word out he said "Hey, do you like sushi?"

It's like he was reading my mind or something. I always knew that jasonRose was smarter than he looked. ;)

I think you should take yourself out for sushi ... sushi buddy be damned!

The "Johnny Luv Roll"

quote from: http://www.svcn.com/archives/campbellreporter/20040204/ca-cover1.shtml

The most common naming convention, however, is to name the sushi after a favorite customer. TGI's Sushi, for example, has a roll named after one of its first customers: Johnny "Luv" Horton, a technical sergeant in the U.S. Air Force who was killed in a training accident at Ft. Hunter Liggett, Calif., in 2002.

The Johnny Luv roll is one of TGI's best-selling items, made with baked crab, scallops and avocado topped with a special sauce of various spices and mayonnaise.

Blue Skies Johnny.....
"So that others may live"