matthewcline

Vibes for dz.commer Gawain

Gawain

I'm not that old and I don't understand why life tosses us the obstacles it does. Take it from someone that knows, it will get better, sadly the process isn't easy its a fucking nightmare that I'm still not convinced suicide wouldn't cure.

But then one day you realize that the good finally outweighs the bad and your days start getting better. If anything I've had to go though could help you please call, email or write me. 858-405-3035 All I can offer is what I know, its not all happy just honest.

That completely sucks. Thanks for being out there doing your Job. I drive through Kirkuk on a regular basis and it's always nice to hear "Bastogne Main" on the radio. It's a comfort knowing I have your guys backing me up. I'll be on my way home in 14 and a wake up. If it's at all possible I'll make the drive up to Walter Reed to see you. Take care bro and keep your chin up.

The first words that came out of my mouth after reading your first line were, "Oh my god! and I frowned a big, sad frown. :( That is so distressing to read.

I hope he recovers well both physically and psychologically. I am sure that is going to be a devastating thing and he is going to need immense strength from somewhere inside, and the love of family and friends.

Best wishes, Gawain. Your sacrifice is not lost on us.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Max, I'm teary-eyed to read about this. You truly are such a wonderful person. I'm so sorry that you are going through this loss of limb, but I'm just so happy that you are still with us. PLEASE don't lose the faith!

Max, remember how you asked me on your 4-Way team, when I was a very new skydiver? This gave me such confidence to fly with others. Sadly, shortly after that, you had to stop skydiving. You returned to the skies, though. Now, I have taken a skydiving hiatus for well over a year, but I PROMISE to meet up with you, when you return to the skies. It would be my pleasure to fly with you, Max.

Sending much love and prayers to you, to your wife, to your family. Thank you so much for your dedication to our country, my friend.

Thanks you for your dedication and sacrifices you made for our country and my family! Our prayers and positive vibes to you and yours> Bryan & Chris
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Max:

I am deeply saddened by the news of your loss in combat. As a fellow 101St ABN combat vet (Vietnam), I truly appreciate the sacrafice which you have made.

I wish you all of the very best and look foreword to skydiving with you back at your home DZ, Skydive Elsinore. I have missed you since you have been gone and have thought of you often. Take care my friend and if there is anything which you need, please do not hesitate to ask.

Pat Newman
Skydive Elsinore

gawain~

i hope you have a speedy recovery... i send my prayers and many warm wishes through such a tough time... you are a true hero!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I am sad to hear this. These are the incidents that the General Public do not hear about. Unless you are close to the military.

Be strong Bro. No-One can relate unless they have been there.

As a person who has been through some nasty surgeries; (none from combat); be patient with the recovery process. It will come around. Try not to rush it.

If you ever make it to Florida you have a place to crash. As long as I am in town. I am due to travel over to the "DRY BEACH!" soon myself.

Be Strong! You have many people pulling for you.

You will definitely return to jumping. As long as you would like to.

Make sure we get updates Matt.

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

I spoke with Max last night and the Boss this AM.

Max still has a Demo Team job and he is looking forward to jumping.

I am glad for him that so many of you have sent well wishes.

He will be jumping with any and all who will let him soon.

I think we will have to get him ready for a world record in CA this fall.B|
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

OMG!!! Many hugs and prayers! Keep up your spirits, Max! You can get back in the air!!! Look at Dana Bowman and The Pieces of Eight. You will be back in the air! Hugs!!
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Tell him that the northwest contingent is very proud of him, and those of us that haven't had a chance to meet him in person hope for that pleasure some day soon. Our house is open to you, you have a place to stay in Seattle if you're ever up in our neck o' the woods. :)

Thank you for your sacrifice for our freedoms.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

You must be going through a tough time right now dude. :(

Take your time & try and pull some positive out of this,
as Betsy pointed out Al & Swifty are an inspiration, and a great pair of blokes too.

There is also a recent local (to me) story here:

A Worcestershire fireman is back at work - after losing a leg in a motorcycle accident.

Simon Hawkins is back in uniform after bosses gave him the all clear to drive, climb ladders and fight blazes, reports the Mirror.

Simon, 31, said: "At first I honestly felt as though my life was over. I'd cry myself to sleep and wake up still sobbing.

"I had always wanted to be a firefighter like my grandfather. After my accident I was not a very nice person to live with. I just moped about."

But then his partner Annie found an internet site about an American fireman named Bill Henry who returned to duty after losing a leg.

Simon, who had been forced to quit the fire service after 11 years, travelled to America to meet Bill and was inspired to follow his example.

Simon's family and friends raised £20,000 to buy him a fireproof false limb like Bill's.

He began training with the false leg and exercised until he was fit enough to meet fire service entry requirements. When he returned to work he was given admin and community duties at first.

Eventually bosses assessed him for a return to front-line duty and he passed.

Simon, of Bromsgrove, added: "I'm just a normal person, not superhuman. I've been able to do this because I've had great support and a positive attitude."

I know its going to be tough at first, but good luck & best wishes to you and your family,
and heal fast mate, after all.. your still one of us too. ;)

Sorry to hear about the leg, but gald you are alive and kicking, thanks for doing what you do!
Semper Fi! (I know its not Army, I was in the USMC!)
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Max, as you go thru down times, as you will, turn here for some words of reassurance, and cheer.
When you are going thru up times, come here and read a dirty joke or two. Oh hell, just stay logged into DZ.com all of the time and keep seeing how much we all appreciate what you have done for us.
Come to the WFFC and join the Pieces of Eight there, and I will bring some press folks out to meet you guys and you can find out how many MORE people really appreciate what you have done for us.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart..
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Hi all,

One of my close friends is the head Ortho Service case manager at WRAMC, and I asked her to check in on Ramsey. She got to him and his wife this morning pre-op and had the opportunity to chat with him some. Max said it was okay to post some more info, so here's the meat:

Hit on 1 Mar, got to WRAMC on 6 Mar. Riding in the turret of a victor of some variety. Might’ve been an IED, Kay wasn’t certain.

Net result, left side AK (above the knee), broken right ankle. The AK hasn’t approximated yet and still has a wound vac in it. Today’s surgery was to do some revision. He’s still a little shell shocked, but Kay says he’s doing good. He’s getting into the bewildering stage of ‘2 wks ago I was in one piece in Iraq… now what am I going to do’. That'll last for a while yet.

Kay’ll check back in on him in a day or so. He’s in the best hands I can imagine, but it won't be quick.

It might be a few days yet til he gets near or a computer (or one gets to him. Kay's checking on laptops on the ward.), so there's going to be some lag time before you're likely to get responses to emails or see a post.

Some of the other Pieces of Eight guys (Al K, Jay H, Mike B) and I have already sent him our all too heartfelt best, an open invite to any help he might need, and invited him to our next get together in Perris in September.

Be safe, everybody.

Keith R.
Po8 #19