LisaM

non skydiving injuries....

14 Years Old - Broken Wrist. Took cast off from previous broken Wrist after only 3 weeks for BMX Race. Crashed in the first Turn (Weak Wrist) and Next two Bikes ran over my Wrist and Broke it worse that it was to begin with. Lesson Learned - Let it Heal.

I am really close to ripping mine off.....

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Where does one start?

3 years old - thought it would be "COOL" to do a flip down a flight a stairs the wall was in the way and made me stop real fast and bust my chin about 10 stiches- watch way too much wonder woman.

1st grade - did flips on the monkey bars at school - to bad the bar was wet from rain - 2 broken wrist - Mom got some looks at the next PTA meeting

3rd grade - stick in spokes while riding a bike not a good thing.. - broke my arm (count is now up the 3 broken arms/wrist)

6th grade - playing on the trampoline doing yes, once again flips - over rotated and broke my arm in two

19 - in college playing indoor soccer - fell on arm and yes, you guessed it broken arm.

23 - Martial Arts - breaking boards - it is never a good idea to look away when your name is said when your ready to take a swing... (COUNT IS NOW 6)

26 - Martial Arts - Terrible Triad - ACL, MCL and meniscus - (Left Knee)

27 - Martial Arts - OK, so this a repeat - Note to self -Doctors get very upset when you mess up the work they have already done.. seems to be an ego thing... Must heal first (Left knee)

32- Skydiving - let's just make it a 3-fer - All together the other side now... Terrible Tiad - (Right Knee)

God only knows my Orthopedics get a good vacation out of me...

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

I have never (to my knowledge) broken a bone:P

Considering I'm really active, always have tried new things/sports/activities, and was an athlete, that's a big feat.

I say "to my knowledge" b/c I think I might have broken a pinky toe once:D I also might have had a broken or fractured rib. At the time I was in-between health insurance. In fact, it was my first week W/OUT health insurance (was w/out for 3 months). I knew they don't do anything but cost you a lot of money x-raying and visiting, so I just ace-bandaged myself for 2.5 months before it stopped hurting and stopped protruding a little bit. I finally did have it X-ray'd less than a year later when I went in for my annual physical. I told my doc about it, he X-ray'd it, and everything was A-OK. In fact, he said I had a nice pair-o-ribs. Ha! I thought they looked really big b/c there was another rib-cage X-ray next to mine on the light thingy that was much smaller. I asked him about it. He said that other X-ray was from a very obese woman. I thought that was really interesting/crazy:S....

and that's my story:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Umm...I had a little mishap with my wrists snowboarding last year. :ph34r:

Grrr...stupid snowboarding!! >:(:S Left knee isn't the same any more. [:/]

I broke my right ankle falling down the stairs (not drunk).

Whiplashed my back and neck in a car wreck (NOT my fault!) and just a string of silly little things too...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

on my 25th birthday 1999, i was skateboarding with some friends at the local park. i was doing well with my skating doing various aerial manoevers. i was working on method airs on the large 1/4 pipe and was pulling them off quite well. untill i got a little cocky, this one was not quit right but i decided to pull it in anyway! silly boy.

I landed on the back wheels only and the thing scooted from underneath me still on the vert. and i put my arm down.

I slid down the ramp and dug my heels in at the bottom, thinking verything was o.k. i lifted my left arm up and i had two elbows!!! the ulna and radius were snapped clean in half.

the radius was sticking out as well!

all of a sudden i fel faint and passed out.

i came to in the medical centre and my friend was in the bed next to me with a bandage on his forhead, i said (all drugged up) what happened to you. he told me "i passed out when the put the needle in your wound and banged my head on the ground :D:D

i was high that birthday, i was choppered to invercargill (worlds fastest indian)from queenstown. for surgery, i broke my arm @ 3pm and came to @ midnight all fixed andon the recover.

i have a muscle hernia from the surgery and i can tell when a storm is coming now.

:o:);)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I got some titanium mesh in my chin from a broken jaw skiing over a hill and not avoiding the large boulder on the other side. I've also broken a humerus, a thumb, been knocked out a few times (before I started wearing a helmet), got some stiches in my other thumb from not wearing gloves and going huge (I almost landed it), f-ed up a knee, and beaten myself up plenty.

I've also broken a leg playing basketball and an arm from a baseball bat swung by a crazy guy after the game.

- 1 broken clavicula - drunk at age 14 (my birthday) with 2 surgerys
- 4 different times broken left arm - stupid kid
- hard pelvis injury - climbing incident
- 4-5 times i broke my head

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

Collarbone when skiing. Bad break. All the way through and a peice broken off that never mended back on.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

i didn't need to know this...

:D:D:D

you are one messed up fella.

:D:D

Com'on

it's had to have happened to alot of guys.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

broke my right arm in a dirt bike mishap in 90'

shattered my right wrist and had a compound fracture to my elbow and had various internal bruising. as the result of being the passenger in a car that rolled 3 times. i was asleep, driver fell asleep and drove off an embankment. happened back in 01'.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

1 broken knuckle = fighting
1 broken wrist = dirtbike
11 broken ankles = walking.......:D
1 busted knee = drunken BASE jump out the back door of our pilots house to prevent puking in the house ..........:D Thought it was the front door.
All that and not 1 skydiving injury!

I had my pony rear up, fall on top of me and break my collar bone when I was 8. Then when I was 11 I fell of the bed and broke my other collar bone(yes I said I fell off the bed:S) I broke my finger a couple of times: Once from trying, and failing, to ollie my skate board in the rain( I don't recommend this) and once from racing my brother down a steep hill on my bike and not quite making it. I broke my nose 3 times: once I swam in to the side of my pool:S once my brother hit my with a golf club (not on purpose) and once from my horse flinging her head back and slamming me in the face. I think the worst non skydiving injury I ever got was when my horse tripped jumping up onto a bank, fell down and accidently kicked me in the head as she ran away. I got a very bad concussion that took me a year to recover from
Fly like a girl

Had my hand shattered by my at-the-time girlfriend slamming it in a door (not her fault, though). Had to take 2 years off of hockey because I couldn't catch a puck at full speed, which blew my chances for D1 play like I had been planning.

Broke a few ribs jumping my bike off of a small (3m or so) bluff.

Broke my nose once (hockey puck. I wasn't even on the god damned ice, I was coming out of the locker room and onto the bench). Fortunately you can only tell if you're really looking at it.

Broke my hand punching a goalpost in soccer.

Broke a few fingers over the years doing various things.

All of these predate my skydiving career.

Post-skydiving-start:

Broke a bone in my wrist landing wrong after making a save in soccer. Didn't even know it until 5 months later, never could figure out why it always hurt :D

Oh, and I have a small dent in my skull from when I was 5 or 6 and jumped off a couch and landed on a coffee table corner.
cavete terrae.

Oh, and I have a small dent in my skull from when I was 5 or 6 and jumped off a couch and landed on a coffee table corner.

Your first BASE jump? :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Your first BASE jump? :D

Pretty much! I tried to do some PRW (parental relative work), and do a two-stack on dad's back, but didn't bother informing him, so he kept walking ;)
cavete terrae.

Broke my left ankle in an outfield collision during a high school softball game in 1975. Broke my right ankle on my first jump in 1982. The same doctor treated me both times. After the jumping injury, he suggested I shouldn't be jumping out of airplanes. I asked "Why didn't you tell me to give up baseball?"

Cheers,
Jon S.