UntamedDOG

Dropzone/High School conversion table

Dropzones are just like High Schools. They operate on a class system. Here is a conversion table that should help to illustrate the dropzone hierarchy.

***Top Ranking***
Teachers - (instructors & coaches)
Jocks - (freefly & RW teams)
Cheerleaders - (female tandem passengers)
Nerds - (vidiots & pilots)
Stoners - (riggers)
Janitors - (manifest & packers)
Freaks - (solo freefly jumpers)
Special Ed - (all students and jumpers with 100 jumps or less)
***Lowest Ranking***

As you can see, depending on what category you fit into has a dramatic affect on how others in the lemur herd perceive you.

When a skygod chooses to exercise his rank by dishing out a verbal smack down to a lower classmen, they are simply maintaining the social order that imbecilic humans are so eager to perpetuate.

UntamedDOG

Troll... troll... troll your boat... gently down the stream!...

Mar... Marrrillly.... marrilleee... mary lee ... ah whatever.

You're just pissed you're ranked lower than female tandem passengers :P.

I think the post is funny, but then as a 4-way geek I get ranked up near the top ;).

people naturally seek out fimilar things and people. thats why you probably see what you could call a "class system."

freeflyers hang around freeflyers, RW around RW etc.

never had a problem. kinda cool actually. All these different people bought together, for the love of the sky. Like a mini UN (well...sort of):)

Tom, Tom Tom, Tommy, Tom Love

And where would loud mouth, irreverent, trolls be ranked? You know the ones with no life.

I am not on any hierarchy map. I am a contingent anomaly, existing only in the form of morbid thoughts and random electrons. Call me Neo, the grandiloquent puppet master.

Ever since assuming human form, I have been fascinated by silly proletariat attempting to defeat the laws of gravity. I stand silent, with a face of stone. A smug observer of plebeian tendencies and rituals designed to occupy the void of time.

If you shake me violently, in a desperate attempt to petition an acknowledgment, I will only respond in ancient riddles, only discernable to somebody with a pain and wisdom comparable to my own.

UntamedDOG

And where would loud mouth, irreverent, trolls be ranked? You know the ones with no life.

I am not on any hierarchy map. I am a random anomaly, existing only in the form of morbid thoughts and random electrons. Call me Neo, the grandiloquent puppet master.

And what made you think that I was refering to you? Guilt?
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I actually kind of found this post to be fun to read, which is kind of weird for a Untamed post.;) But, Untamed - every part of society from the Military, to Dropzones, to Corporate America, to clubs, to the staff at a restaurant work like a high school class system...

But I guess you are right - dropzones are places where people optionally show up to socialize and entertain themselves and learn, so unlike a place of employment, people don't get asked to work there or asked to leave, so you get more of the fringe...

But - I believe every high school has different class systems, sometimes one school might have a group higher on the list than other schools - for example, at my high school, teachers were much lower on the list than jocks. :P

That being said, at my "high school" DZ, I would say that the "Special Ed" students are very high on the list... I see a lot of experienced jumpers going out of their way to bring them into the loop...

So, perhaps you comments are very close to home, and something the leaders of the USPA should think about when they talk about the fact membership is going down - as the way to make students into skydivers is to make them feel welcome...

I actually kind of found this post to be fun to read, which is kind of weird for a Untamed post.;) .

Yup, Angelina wrote a funny.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm a jock-janitor?

multi-faceted you...the spec eds WISH they were you:P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

damn it... I'm special ed...
After my 100th jump naked I better move up!!

If you do 100 jumps nekkid you'll be the teacher's(DZO) pet.:o:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

How about a dropzone.COM/high school conversion table? I see tons of parallels here with HS...cliques, popularity contests, bullies, skygod jocks, ass-kissing cheerleaders, etc...I'd give it a shot myself but I'd rather defer to your wisdom.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

***Top Ranking***
Teachers - (instructors & coaches)
Jocks - (freefly & RW teams)
Cheerleaders - (female tandem passengers)
Nerds - (vidiots & pilots)
Stoners - (riggers)
Janitors - (manifest & packers)
Freaks - (solo freefly jumpers)
Special Ed - (all students and jumpers with 100 jumps or less)
***Lowest Ranking***

I dont appear to rank at all in this heirarchy.

I always knew I didnt fit in, now I have some real concrete evidence to support my belief.

I'm vindicated :)
__

My mighty steed