ccowden

Any golfers?

I shot an 88 once. It was shooting around 94, 93 and I had a good round (I was actually even par through 9 - I'd never been close to that). Shooting well screwed me up like nothing else.

It's a great sport.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Geez, I can't believe you'd admit to chasing the little white ball on this site. :)
I love the game, and it's my way to relax. Usually shoot in the low-to-mid 80s. My average round is about 12 pars, 3-4 bogies, a couple of doubles, and a triple or worse. If I could get my mistakes down to only bogies, I'd be a very happy camper.

Nicklaus always said a person who breaks 90 only playing once a week is a good golfer, so you're on track.

Do you have many/any hybrid clubs ? They would help you get better/more consistent quicker.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

It's been a while, but I wouldn't mind playing again.

Oh, and I like the mini-golf, too. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

worked at a golf course for 2 years as a teenager.. think i played the course twice.. but i would go hit ball on the range all the time.. it's fun... but when i hit 70 on the front nine i knew i wasn't very good.... might have to go back out and play a round some time.. it is fun though....

I'm really bad at golf... my japanese friends made sure to point that out to me the one time we went to the driving range in Tokyo... Maybe I'll learn someday...

despite what you might think the game is dangerous as my brother broke his leg once playing golf. :S:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I played from like 8 yr's old till about 18 gave up the game because it became so stressfull. Since then ive been playing the shit out of tiger woods 2005:D:D

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

I've played since I was old enough to swing a club and hit my brother in the head. Usually shot mid to high 70's. Best round was 2 under par.
Still play as much as I can during the week. I jump on weekends.

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

Yup, I grew up a spoiled kid who -had- to learn to golf by parental decree. I'm by no means exceptional, but my 2iron is a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately, I snapped ANOTHER damned carbon fibre shaft, so I finally am giving up and moving to steel on my low irons.

I will, some day, put a little fake teebox with rubber tee in the back of a CASA or Skyvan and do a drive out of the back of the plane, then jump out :D
cavete terrae.

I will, some day, put a little fake teebox with rubber tee in the back of a CASA or Skyvan and do a drive out of the back of the plane, then jump out

Try to do that at SD Houston, there's a golf course right next to the DZ (people land on it all the time on bad spots). That way no one would notice a golf ball coming out of the sky at 500,000mph.:D

As for the golfing, I think I broke 100 once while playing putt-putt. Does that count?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have a great set of Callaway irons. I'm not much of a golfer but I like to golf.

It's a sport!
It's a game!
It's a sport!
It's a game!
It's a sport!
It's a game!
It's a sport!
It's a game!
It's a sport!
It's a game!
It's a sport!
It's a game!
It's a sport!
It's a game!
It's a sport!
It's a game!
It's a sport!
It's a game!
It's a sport!
It's a game!
It's a sport!
It's a game!
It's a sport!
It's a game!
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I love to get out and hit golf balls. I haven't played since my accident but I finally have my clubs in FL (not stuck in Ohio) and am close to all kinds of courses (now that I'm living in Orlando- The Omni (2 amazing courses) is right down the street and a friend has the hook up there so I'm stoaked). :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Timmae! really? you have Callaway IRONS? I have Callaway woods and King Cobra Tour Irons...great combo...so are your woods Callaway also? I have stiff shaft on both since I didn't know any better and that's what I learned on with my golf pro out in Colorado..I did well so he said to stick with what worked.:S The "ladies"clubs were a flex shaft but really short for me so that's why I went that route.

My driver is a used Ping Titanium f8.5 degree. My putter is a REALLY old used Ping putter. Then there's a super cheap and surprisingly effective hybrid made by RAM. I think I paid 25 bucks for it.

The irons are Callaway Steelhead X16. I picked them up for under 300 bucks at Play it again Sports about 1 year and 1/2 ago.

I borrowed a set of King Cobras one day in Texas and the driver was awesome. The irons felt about the same as what I have but then again, my experience is quite limited.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

My driver is a used Ping Titanium f8.5 degree. My putter is a REALLY old used Ping putter. Then there's a super cheap and surprisingly effective hybrid made by RAM. I think I paid 25 bucks for it.

The irons are Callaway Steelhead X16. I picked them up for under 300 bucks at Play it again Sports about 1 year and 1/2 ago.

I borrowed a set of King Cobras one day in Texas and the driver was awesome. The irons felt about the same as what I have but then again, my experience is quite limited.

I also have a Ping Putter...they are great:)