freefalle

bad news, Im having a rough night. I need your prayers

Ill preface this with Im .50 drunk and a little upset right now

So, I went back to the Dr. today, and got the news I didn't need or want to hear. My tumor has gotten larger. The pain is getting worse, actually, it really frickin hurts. My doctor tried to schedule me for surgery in 7 days. I can't do it, mentally emotionally spirtually I cant deal with it yet. I have come to far in nursing school to miss the rest of this semester, and Im not going to quit. I managed to talk him in to hold off on surgery for 34 days, (after the semester is over and more importantly the rodriguez brothers boogie) I go in the 26 of June for surgery.

This is the 5th time I have had to have this done since 1991. Im tired, I hurt and as much as I hate to admit it Im fucking scared. I am 35 years old, I have a 6 year old son, his name is Dylan, he is an awsome little man and I love him. I don't know why this is happening to me but it needs to stop.

After they remove the tumor, the dr. will send it off for testing to see if it is cancerous again. Please, if you pray, pray its not.

I don't know what else to say. If you are going to the rodriguez brothers boogie I'll see you there, it my be my last one so if you see me lets have a drink.

Guest 1010
hang in there man, I hate those tests too (not me but friends, family) and the drama involved.

Prayers for you and yours.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Chuck,

Dylan and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please post in the days leading up to the surgery and with the results afterwards, when you have a chance.

Fighting it since 91, wow that's a long fight. Congratulations on your wins, sounds like you have had quite a few.

Keep the fight going this term. I hope your grades are 4.0 this time. Seems that like should be a given, with what you are fighting, but in any case, just keep saluting the Kings and Queens, errr Profs for the rest of the term*. ;););)

Give Dylan a smile and hug from me, and keep him close to you.

Take care,

Jeff

*You do understand that higher education is a totaltarin, opressive, dicatorial regiem? You have read that joke, right? OK, that's supposed to get you to laugh!

Hmm, if you need any more higher ed jokes, let me know! I have a whole bunch of lame higher ed that might give you a laugh.
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.

I've rewritten this post a couple times trying to find the right words...like the previous poster, your story has also hit me hard. I have a brother fighting cancer now.

You've had such a long road to walk, and it must seem endless right now...my prayer is that you have friends and family to comfort you, and that you make a full and complete recovery.

You and Dylan will be in my prayers.
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

Sorry about your grief Chuck! That really sucks. [:/]

This is not a good time for you to have to worry about the possibility of having ca. You have worked so hard to be where you are.:(

Hang in there. If we can do anything to help out, let us know. You don't have to go through this alone. You have a lot of friends! Take care of yourself!

Be careful with that bottle! It can help you till you overdo it then you are gonna hurt! [:/] At least you are drinking at home....smart man!

Keep us updated!

Tammie :)
Let's have fun! :)

Chuck,

I am definitely including you in my prayers and will ask my many family members to do the same. Count on it!

Know this, there are quite a few people here facing all sorts of serious challenges in their lives at this moment. We're here for eachother, even if only through words on a computer screen. PM me if you want/need to talk.

Just take one minute at a time and have hope.

God bless you and Dylan.

Chris

I wish I could write something as eloquent and motivating as you deserve, but I just don't have the talent.

Know that I am saying a prayer for you. God bless you and your little boy.

Expect a miracle.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Chuck, I hope the news that you get is what you are hoping for. If not, your friends are here for you when you need us. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Chuck, I am adding my prayers to the others. It's not easy, fighting for so long; but it's worth it. It's really worth it. Keep fighting, and we'll keep praying, all right?

You're not alone. All you need to do is ask those around you - and all of us - for whatever you need or want. We will do our damnedest to make sure you get it.

Hang in there...and know that there are lots and lots of people in your corner.

Ciels- and hugs!
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~