Icon134

weekend numbers

0:5:1 (maybe...)
Think I did my first points in an RW jump this weekend (have to check my logbook to make certain)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Well, we got there on Saturday afternoon, but the weather rolled in too, so no jumping. Sunday we were at the only thing to do at Vero Beach..... that was the beach!!!
So, Monday morning, 2 years after jump #100, I did #300 and #301.
Maybe in another 2 years I'll have that magic 500
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

WTG on the #300.... weather wasn't good Saturday at Clewiston but Sunday was gorgeous... but only a few loads went up due to a very small turn out... I don't think they were open today...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

1 plane stall with me as super rear float.

750XL with a slow climb out?

and not enough airspeed....

I was thinking - "the plane is stalling, hurry up with the count!!!"

edit to add: front float caught hell the rest of the day after that. It was tough to hang out there!!!
Scars remind us that the past is real

What's really funny is that wraps used to bug me. :-) Last fall, I started producing a wrap video, and as I waded through hundreds of hours of videos, and literally probably spent 200 hours editing wrap videos, I lost all fear of wraps. At the world record, I was calmer than I've ever been on big-ways. Walt wrapped me, but I was laughing even as it happened. After watching so many videos of WAY more interesting wraps, ours was easy :-)

And oh yeah - Mark and I really like to drink Shiner Bock so we LOVE when you come to jump there :-)

[:/]:2:2

:D owed for first jump at Emerald Coast, and first beach jump. It was a memorable one.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

1 painful shoulder:3:2

3 fun jumps at SGC this weekend. Would have liked to have done more but my shoulder was killing me on both Saturday and Monday and we left the dz early on sunday which put a damper on the jumping...but I dont care, I still had lots of fun!

First jump was a drill dive with my honey, 2nd was a hop and pop with demo of my PD reserve and the third was a high pull where I learned that I love my reserve! I also learned that it was not loving me back when it opened HARD and now my neck and shoulder are pretty soreB|

Thanks a lot to PD and SGC for having the demos up there. I have wanted to demo my rerserve for awhile now and so glad I did! I'm no longeer dreading having a cutaway and i know fully what to expect in terms of the canopy now! Good thing too cause it flew completely different than I thought it would!

Beer is owed for my first time flying a reserve canopy and for something else I was technically not allowed to do-but it was soo much fun!!:)

*daizey*

What's really funny is that wraps used to bug me. :-) Last fall, I started producing a wrap video, and as I waded through hundreds of hours of videos, and literally probably spent 200 hours editing wrap videos, I lost all fear of wraps. At the world record, I was calmer than I've ever been on big-ways. Walt wrapped me, but I was laughing even as it happened. After watching so many videos of WAY more interesting wraps, ours was easy :-)

And oh yeah - Mark and I really like to drink Shiner Bock so we LOVE when you come to jump there :-)

Wendy, I tried to wrap him last weekend to make you proud, but it was very benign... in return he put his foot through my canopy when we docked. turnabout is fairplay I guess. I'll get him next time. ;)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Wendy, I tried to wrap him last weekend to make you proud, but it was very benign... in return he put his foot through my canopy when we docked. turnabout is fairplay I guess. I'll get him next time. ;)

A CRW dog in the making--woohoo!!!!!:)
Walt

A CRW dog in the making--woohoo!!!!!:)
Walt

And I love Shiner too!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

On my approach, I saw I was a little low and immediately steered away to avoid it, but instead of pulling down on a front riser and diving away, I pulled a back riser and that didn't get me out of the way quickly enough. It floated my canopy right up into Wendy.

Personally, I'd have hit brakes, though if Wendy advised otherwise you should definitely listen to her!

Front riser = down & faster forward
Rear riser = up & similar forward
Brakes = up & reverse

As long as they're not visible behind your tail, I'd think the "reverse" action of brakes ought to bring them back into view rather than putting you up and into them. Then again, I'm a total CRW novice.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

:), 12, 0

Saw a lot of old friends and met some cool new ones at the beach boogie!B|

Best boogie quote! "I'm not horny anymore!" KAT:P

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."