pBASEtobe

How Many Hrs./Wk Do You Work (and what's your position)

I used to work 15 hour days. :| However, NOW I only put in 40 hour weeks... and actually I spend 25 hours at least fucking off... and I usually don't work the full 8 hours.

It actually kind of drives me nuts. There is just nothing to do on this contract. Most of my contracts they are WAY behind in work. Okay by me.

Up until our contract change last year, I worked 84 a week (12 x 7) and had for the last 5 years.

Now, it's 72 hours/week (6 x 12).

After the contract is re-let, it's probably going to come down a lot more...with a comensurate loss of pay... [:/]

*edit to add*

Gov't contract, communications support (long-haul)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

90 hours per week may very well be normal depending on the job.

My work fluctuates between about 30 hours per week and 80 hours per week. I had a 12 hour workday yesterday, because my wife is sick and I had to do her job as well. And an 11 hour workday on Monday for the same reason.

My usual schedule is about 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. But that fluctuates dramatically depending upon the nature of the calendar, etc. If my choice is between "making work" for the sake of billable hours or going home at 1:00 to be with my son, I choose the latter.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My last Job (Plant Engineer for Manufacturing Plant) was in the same range.. 70 to 90 Hours a Week. Usually atleast 2 or 3 14 hour days every week and them work most weekends as well.
Did that for 7 Years.

Then started working with a Company that develops Engineering Software. Now I usually only work 40 to 50 Hours and almost always have weekends off.

90 hours per week may very well be normal depending on the job.

Exactly, that's why I asked people to post their position as well. They seem to be missing that part. This thread is taking off pretty quick with great info so far but is missing a key element.

90 hours per week is outrageous. Sure you might make a lot of money, but why bother? When are you going to spend it?

You can go 90 hours per week for 5 years. Then 50 hours per week for 5 years. Then 40 for ten years. Then 20 or less for the rest of your life.

So, it's pretty simple - you are going to spend that money between the ages of 40 and death.

My plan is to retire from a heavy practice by the time I'm 50, and have enough money saved to keep myself and my comfortable while taking maybe 30 or 40 cases per year to keep me occupied. It means I'll be able to take the work I really enjoy and want to do later on.

I'm working my ASS off now, so my wife and I can enjoy ourselves in our 50's and beyond...

My wife is hotter than your wife.