WFFC

THE 2006 WFFC Thread

Just got an update from Utah.
The FAA (prounounced fa) required some additional documentation updating, lots of faxes going back and forth. Plane still sitting. Plan is to do the test runs tomorrow.
We'll bring you up to date as it happens...

EAGERLY AWAITING RESULTS OF TEST DROPS....AGAIN!! :)
__

My mighty steed

Last year at WFFC, Amy and I had dinner with the FAA guys that have been assigned to check out the jet for allowing jumpers to jump from the plane.

These guys were very nice and explained to us that they want to allow us the fun to skydive from the
Perris Jet. But, (there is always a but;)), they have to make sure all the paper work is done correct. You know, "make sure all the I's have been dotted, and all the T's have been crossed." Why? Because all the other FAA guys will use their work as a guideline to allow skydiving from other aircrafts. So, keep those fingers crossed and anything else you have that you can cross. Know that the FAA does want to see us having fun. They are just being careful to make sure every thing is done correct.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

EAGERLY AWAITING RESULTS OF TEST DROPS :)

I'll explain my brief absence as a 'bomb' that went off at the client's site. I've been up since Thursday early and I just walked in the door, but alas, I do have Jet noise to pass along.

Today (Yesterday - Friday is when it happend)...Several test drops occurred followed by several test dummies*. The test drops were successful and the operators are compiling all the data to put into reports for the FAA to review. The decision is 100% in the FAA's hands at this point to review and decide. The operator has jumped through every hoop that the FAA put forth.

I will be getting some images of the festivities from the test drops and will post them as soon as I have them.

*note: the test dummies included Cajones Rodriguez plus two others. All volunteer for brain removal while they were tossed.
-----
~~~Michael

The decision is 100% in the FAA's hands at this point to review and decide. The operator has jumped through every hoop that the FAA put forth.

So when will they be making their decision?

Something was supposed to happen yesterday (Monday). I'm awaiting a reply to an email.
I'm in meetings all day but I'll see if I can squeeze something in here if I get a reply.
Planning a trip to Nigeria, a place I have absolutely no desire to go to again - potentially leaving in the middle of the WFFC.
-----
~~~Michael

Planning a trip to Nigeria, a place I have absolutely no desire to go to again - potentially leaving in the middle of the WFFC.

So, are you going to be visiting the son of the late president to discuss your assistance in transferring a large amount of money somewhere? :)
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

So, are you going to be visiting the son of the late president to discuss your assistance in transferring a large amount of money somewhere? :)

Nah, will be discussing how to bring Major Abach Tunde out of orbit.

In reality, the place scares the crap out of me. Only place I've ever been where I've had to bribe customs and immigration to get out of the country.
-----
~~~Michael

In reality, the place scares the crap out of me. Only place I've ever been where I've had to bribe customs and immigration to get out of the country.

No job is worth that shit. What the hell would you EVER go back there for???
__

My mighty steed

No job is worth that shit. What the hell would you EVER go back there for???

Heading back to implement the suggested infrastructure changes from my initial trip in December. I've been watching the headlines on the daily happening there and there is an exit plan in place if things get out of control in the country - helo, airplane and boat.
Life is an adventure and somethings are just a bit riskier than others. This is definitely on that line.
-----
~~~Michael

So what are the odds that you'll be jumping out of (say) a DC-9 before heading out there? ;)

Same as yours - 50/50. Either we will or we won't. I spoke to the operator today and got a bunch of information and they asked me not to post any of it right yet. The FAA is watching these threads, Skydiving Mag and Parachutist so they know everything that is going on so to avoid any potential complications, they've asked not to post more than it's still in the FAAs hands at this point.

Update on Nigeria too, I've managed to convince the powers that be to have a departure date of at least August 1st so I can have some fun before I head around the world.
-----
~~~Michael

Nigeria I told you I can scrape up Kevlar if you want it, hows the status of that other project for me coming along? ;)

For the WFFC do you know if there are day rates for this year and if so what are they?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Nigeria I told you I can scrape up Kevlar if you want it, hows the status of that other project for me coming along? ;)

Dude - You said you had my back. I guess that meant 'back home'.

For the WFFC do you know if there are day rates for this year and if so what are they?

I'll get an answer for this.
-----
~~~Michael

I spoke to the operator today and got a bunch of information and they asked me not to post any of it right yet.

Exellent!

Hopefully, if even more new info comes to light, they will keep that under wraps too :)
__

My mighty steed