WFFC

THE 2006 WFFC Thread

plan is still skyfest, but I'm on vacation week of the WFFC and can't change it.

My current project puts me in Houston a bunch. Trying to make sure that I
1. Schedule a trip down there during Skyfest
2. Schedule a day at the 'datacenter' to get some things 'done'.

A skyfest stop is not set in stone (next month is way too far into the future for my travel plans). I still need to find a trailer to haul my 'toys' back to Rantoul.
-----
~~~Michael

The vendor list seems very dim.
How does 'The worlds largest boogie' not attract all the major vendors?

Would really have liked to demoed different canopies and reserves.

Do you know if Icarus may be coming with their new reserve?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

it'll take 2 hours to climb....

Aw, that's only if you want to get to nosebleed altitude.

As long as we kept the exit altitude at 4,000 ft or so, we could get up there in less than an hour every time.

Blue skies,

Winsor

Can you please tell us how many registered jumpers there already are for this boogie?

I am hearing people saying there will more than likely be less than 1000 people there over the week.

Sorry i seem to have so many concerns but i am getting the feeling we are paying $1300 for a 7 day hangover. Where this could be done in London.

Another question i would like answered honestly please is "is it possible the jump tickets will be higher than the price advertised'?

Will there be a helicopter?

Is there reserve packers there?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Can you please tell us how many registered jumpers there already are for this boogie?

This has always been a closely guarded secret that even in my former position I was not privy to.

I am hearing people saying there will more than likely be less than 1000 people there over the week.

Hearsay and speculation it sounds like. Either way, it will be a good time with plenty of lift capacity and a good time will be had by all.

Sorry i seem to have so many concerns but i am getting the feeling we are paying $1300 for a 7 day hangover. Where this could be done in London.

Please advise where I can get a $1300 7day hangover in London. Last time I was there I think it was about $600 for the hangover night.

question i would like answered honestly please is "is it possible the jump tickets will be higher than the price advertised'?

I'm awaiting a reponse on this. There has only been one other time as I recall that the jump ticket price changed (went up $1 as memory serves), but it did not affect any tickets that were purchased during pre-registration.

Will there be a helicopter?

I've been told yes, but haven't received confirmation of the who/why/when yet. As soon as I have confirmation, this will be posted.

Is there reserve packers there?

Yes - Rigging Solutions will be on the onsite rigger.
-----
~~~Michael

I'll hit with the bad news first so you all can beat me up in cyberspace here. The AN-2 is having to pull out due to insurance reasons. They initially had approval from their insurer but the insurer decided against and the operator does not want to fly without it, so it's not coming. Sorry all. We all get burned, but better before than during.

Now the jet update. The test drops should be completed this Monday or Tuesday (June 26-27) and if all the data comparisons turn out as anticipated (the 727 -v- MD80 -v- DC9) they'll get the final piece of the paperwork needed to drop jumpers out over the skies of Rantoul.

A short history on this particular DC9:
The Perris DC9-21 'Sport' is for short fields and high altitude airports. The airplane was the last of 10 built to these specs in 1969. The DC9 has never been officially jumped anywhere in the world so as long as all goes well with the test drops, we'll all get the pleasure of checking out this baby's backside.

So, beat me up on the AN-2 and I'll update on the Jet when the results of the test drops are known.

P.S. No test dummies are needed for the drops. The positions have already been filled.
-----
~~~Michael

Since this is something we need to plan for, those who have previously jumped the 727 all received their DB Cooper numbers. Since our buddy DB didn't jump out of a DC9, what kind of numbers should we come up with for this bird?
-----
~~~Michael

I would like to know why the vendors are not coming wither as it looks like the vendors have got togethor and all said they do not want to be part of this or is it just coincidence that not one single big player in skydiving is their to promote their gear?

I'll defer to Gary Peek's answer on this one as it seems he hit it on the head.

The helicopters that have been advertised, will they be there.

I've been advised there will be a helo there. As the negotiations with the operator have not been completed, it hasn't been confirmed. I'm not going to put anything up that hasn't been confirmed. Several years ago, I had a sidebar on the aircraft page to let people know what we were working on. many things went up, many things went down. Some moved to the confirmed column, many did not. Yes a 727 was generally in the 'We're working on this' column.
It's all a gamble. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Whats the minimum number of jumpers that the jet will T.O. with?

I'm awaiting a response from the operators asking the following:
Max jumpers per load (Some seats, assuming some floor seating)
Anticipated speed on jumprun
highspeed pass

These were bigway's questions. Not all of the ones I found I've answered here as they were addressed in the other thread going in General Skydiving. I'll be posting primarily here so things stay in one spot.

Please let me know if I missed anything.
-----
~~~Michael

Perris Jet Numbers:

80 Seats (72 coach, 8 first class)...no floor seating at this time and these numbers are subject to change depending on what the FAA says.
Ride to altitude will be a whopping 4 minutes.
Jumprun speed: 130-140 kts (Highspeed pass info is pending)
-----
~~~Michael

(Sorry, no jumping the L39).
Don will have one of his L39s at the WFFC again this year and will be offering rides for anyone who wants to go.
Costs? $2000...100% of the proceeds will be donated to charity so the full amount is tax deductible.
-----
~~~Michael

It looks like one of his, but I don't recall the checkered stripe on the vertical stab.

Here's the one that will most likely be coming. The one you posted looks like one of Don's as I recall, but not one of his.
-----
~~~Michael

The Navy Leap Frogs join us this year on July 26th through the 30th and will be available for demos and load organizing! Be sure to stop by the Load Organizers tents to say hello, and organize a skydive!
-----
~~~Michael