WFFC

THE 2006 WFFC Thread

It's hard to tell, but in that picture, it looks like the pilot has slats out and minimal -if any-flaps (maybe 7 or 10 degrees? can't tell)... so does that mean he was haulin ass on jump run? >:(

Not a clue, but I'm sure there's a high speed pass in there somewhere. ;)

Just get good pics...

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

It's hard to tell, but in that picture, it looks like the pilot has slats out and minimal -if any-flaps (maybe 7 or 10 degrees? can't tell)... so does that mean he was haulin ass on jump run? >:(

Not a clue, but I'm sure there's a high speed pass in there somewhere. ;)

Just get good pics...

I'll be back monday evening to start adding to the good pics that already exist.
-----
~~~Michael

Yeap, we definitely need help on that department. Those two in bottom of the picture are the end of a 10 way speedstar and the one closer to the jet is the first from the next group (or maybe solo?). :S
Saludos,
Orlando
Hispa #48 || www.amador.org || Xtreme Divers

what is the turnout at the convention after this weekend? anyone know?

I get into Rantoul at 6PM tomorrow if all goes well. I'll see what kind of numbers I can get tomorrow night or tuesday morning.
-----
~~~Michael

I just got back from WFFC last night - the crowd is a bit on the light side, but it's still A BLAST! I don't think cookie composits is there.

The jet is AWSOME!! Nothing quite like it - if I remember it was ground speed of about 165 & approx 140 knots, but then that whole conversion confuses me anyway. It was much more calm than a high speed CASA pass.

A few other things the AN 2 is there & flying jumpers as is a modified GLIDER. Yup, a normal 2 seat glider - it was so awsome. Many of us contend with them on our home dz's I figured I may never again have the chance to jump outta one - it was marvelous!

Oh, the jet was flew 3 loads on Sat & Sunday if I remember correctly, lotsa opportunity!!

Holy adrenalin!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Got the upgrade to first class on the Perris Jet, inflight service was good, but not enough time for cocktails. Those will come later.
And the part about not landing. Oh - KICK ASS...
you're missing out. you really really are.

Going again before this is over.
-----
~~~Michael

Well, I'm back from the WFFC and it even with the storms it was lots of fun. Only managed to do 39 jumps, including 2 jets, 1 Balloon, 1 Bi-plane with DVD and a bunch of RW. :P

Michael, thanks for keeping us informed of all aspects of the convention. Specially, the blow by blow of the Jet. :)
By the way, I saw some video in the main test screen of my 10 way exiting the Jet. I think it was taken from the king air. Any idea how that video will be made available?
Saludos,
Orlando
Hispa #48 || www.amador.org || Xtreme Divers

By the way, I saw some video in the main test screen of my 10 way exiting the Jet. I think it was taken from the king air. Any idea how that video will be made available?

Yeah, I'd like to see that, too. :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I'm thinking this was from jet load #1. Ping me next week and I'll give Cajones a call to see if we can get it.
-----
~~~Michael

Hey Guys,

I was the crazy man who donated 2 grand to help charity and recieve the extra adrenaline of flying with Don in the L-39 ... You only live once!

It is the most wild experience that I will NEVER be able to describe in words. I did post a few pictures, as I did have my handy cell phone camera, despite struggling to hold it up before blacking out in a 6-7 G turn!

Also, doing a low pass going nearly 350 Knots (roughly 403 MPH) at about 15 feet above the ground was pretty sweet too...

Also, GREAT job to ANYONE who did such a fantastic effort to make WFFC 2006 complete with the DC-9 jet airliner. When we all work together, things happen!

This year was my first year at this event, and it certainly will not be my last!

Blue Skies, Chris Collura - C30317
Fly High ... Don't "Get High"!

I don't know if this is the correct thread but it is the best I can find.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the hard-working people that made the convention what it was. I had great fun with great people all the way. Didn't make as many jumps as I had hoped on but that will teach me to assume that the good weather will continue. ;)

It was an inspiration to see the tent people in action. When the thunder storms where at their highest the tent gods would roam the field and help out as much as they could (We kept the Hellfish tent standing!). The day after they were all over the task at hand with incredible swiftness. You guys rock!

What made the convention so special was the people. Everywhere I went I was made to feel instantly welcome. Thanks to the load organizers for always being friendly and ready to give constructive feed-back after spectacular funnels. Thanks to the Hellfish in general (and Bubba in particular) for a great atmosphere.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention... Thanks for all the amazing rides. The heli, the biplane, the jet (high-speed pass! Weeeee!) and the HALO jumps were amazing. The fact that the weather kept the balloons on the ground much of the time can not be said to be the fault of the organizers.

As Dustin (HF #517 IIRC) so eloquently put it: "The worst part about boogies is leaving."

I'll miss you guys. Be good.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...