GogglesnTeeth

Weekend Numbers.... August 19th & 20th

"hrm... telephones... I really don't like them... :P":5:0

I had some really fun skydives on sunday... I did a 5-way to start off the day... then changed hats (well... helmets :P) and did some RW video jumps... (videos forthcomming, when I have time...) some stills from the weekend attached... B|

hey that 5 way has my cousin in it. I didnt realaize til she send me the pic I was like " hey I saw that pic" LOL
My photos

My Videos

nice pics Scott...especially of that 5 way! ;)

1 friend greatly missed: 2: 0

This weekend was Ted's memorial and today was the dive. First one I have ever seen and while I wasn't on it, I got to see it from the ground and it was absolutely amazing!

1 fun 3 way that got me back up in the air for the first time in 4 weeks and one 5 way in memory of Ted. [:/]

*daizey*

Its got your cousins BF in it too, and he's even wearing booties :P

1 emotional weekend:4:1

We did an ash dive for Ted finally this weekend. His memorial was Saturday and it was very touching. Reminded me of all the good things about Ted. Today we did an ash dive with his brother and his closest skydiving friends. I went on video and shot decent video, I was hoping to have it perfect but things don't always happen the way you want them to. At least the skydive went off fairly well and we were all able to take Ted on his last skydive. Work jump and 2 more RW jumps in there too. At this rate I need to get my own RW suit :D

Some things about this sport are just breathtaking... and yet others cause so much pain....
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

:):3:0

More tandems from EA got to go out and play.
One of the lads at the DZ even offered a coach jump while I was working on my sit. Yay!

Got called back to work *boo!*, was there till 1AM, they tried calling at 0230 to get me to come back, luckily I forgot my cell at my desk.

Back today, got it all resolved and sent out an email to the effect of - 'if you love me, you will buy me this' and sent a link to one of the Matter Freefly suits (I figured I earned it with working every day since Aug 5th and putting in some long nights including one that went from 9AM on a Thursday till 6 AM on a Friday, then back in at 9AM on the same Friday).

More tandems to go up this Sunday coming, maybe even one or two of the previous tandems will be up for the FJC. B|

0:1:0

It was a really special jump, though. My mother, 77, did a tandem and I got to go with her. She had mentioned that it looked like fun 4 years ago when my brother did a tandem, but I never pursued having her jump until my brother mentioned it yesterday. I called the dz and they could fit her in, so, we went up and had fun. She did a great job and had a blast. Had another brother and his daughter and a cousin on the plane as observers as well. Lots of relatives on the ground. It was a cool experience. Of course we got the complete media package - DVD and stills.

Pic attached.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

:)
Just one on Sat.. forgot about a wedding.. EVERYONE it seems was there and not jumping... so I got in a jump with the other old farts who had shown up... Today... 480 miles....stopped by Toledo.. to see the Otter STILL sitting on the ground.... then out to my sailboat..... hey I have to visit it once in a while..:)
Then dropped by Kapowsin.. and checked out their new digs... that is gonna be one SWEET facility once they get it all done..BIG HANGER... lots of space... BUT man.. the traffic back from there was BRUTAL... WAY too many GAWKERS at the New Tacoma NArrows Bridge... EGAD.. the traffic was moving less than 20 MPH for 8 miles....ARRRRGGGHHHHH

0:1:0

It was a really special jump, though. My mother, 77, did a tandem and I got to go with her. She had mentioned that it looked like fun 4 years ago when my brother did a tandem, but I never pursued having her jump until my brother mentioned it yesterday. I called the dz and they could fit her in, so, we went up and had fun. She did a great job and had a blast. Had another brother and his daughter and a cousin on the plane as observers as well. Lots of relatives on the ground. It was a cool experience. Of course we got the complete media package - DVD and stills.

Pic attached.

Vint

Did I see that on CNN tonight? the volume was turned off so I'm not sure...but that pic looks just like the one I saw on the news tonightB|

0:10:Party on Val next weekend (literally, it will be ON me)

I went out to Chicagoland Skydiving on Wednesday to start in on the AFF course with Bram! :)
Other things to note about this weekend:
Snakes really were on a plane!!!!!
Yet another cutaway for me, and no, I don't do tandems
What happens in the corn, stays in the corn
Let's get Buckwild!!!
Yes, I was sober Sat night. Yes, that is how I dance.
Andyman is an awesome Meatloaf
Congrats to all the teams competing! I'm jealous
I think there were quite a few other sexual innuendos I'm forgetting

I'm a very tired woman. These past few days, while very long, were very rewarding. I've had some really great instructors, and I hope that I can teach others what they've taught me. Sigh....is it Friday yet? :)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

1/2:0:0

The first numbers are for one beautiful wedding (congrats Scott & Amber) that featured, not one, but TWO fly-bys... a nice low buzz and a tricksy little barrel roll.

No jumping for me ... just felt like appreciating a beautiful summer weekend in the city. And it was good. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

0:3:0

Sad weekend when Tanya gets as many jumps as me.
:D:P

More FJC...I think this last one though is going to blow my batting average, though. I think it scared him more than excited him...he wasn't too thrilled after he landed.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

0:2:0 2 more test jumps on my Sabre-120...getting the line below the eyelet replaced since they're way short.

First jump a solo where I pulled at 8K, was out last and still beat the student down (jumping like some Nav 260 or whatever) and then completed 5/6 of a pt while waiting for some chick to dock and she just kept lurking.

hey that 5 way has my cousin in it. I didnt realaize til she send me the pic I was like " hey I saw that pic" LOL

yes it does... and I agree her 100th jump video was funny... (I'm actually in that video... which doesn't happen very often... :D) I put the eyes on the mr potato head... but in the process knocked off his nose... :ph34r:
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

:|:4:2

Went to Raeford for the first time to compete in the 4-way scrambles. I got a metal for second place in the "point" position. What an awesome DZ! The people were fantastic!!! I got to meet and hang out with leroydb and LouDiamond. :)
Stopped by Orange on the way home to pick up my new Wings container. The first thing that I had to do was pack the main. :| It seemed like it took me two hours. :| By the time I finished, clouds put a stop to jumping. :| I got to model it and do the "catwalk" though ...puts a new meaning on shashay. :$ It's purdy...
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.