micro

Best Live Album

By far the best live album ever recorded is the Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East 1971.

But just about anything recorded live from either Fillmore is off the wall! I rarely ever buy studio stuff anymore. I do not want to hear Pro-tool tricks, I want to hear the REAL band!:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

My vote currently (and for a long time) is Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder.

What's yours?

Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder
U2s Under a Blood Red Sky
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Everyone is naming new-ish trendy bands...

Well, honestly, I"ve heard a lot of modern live music and its good and all but it doesn't match to this album. God I wish I could have been there for this performance.

Diz 'N Bird at Carnegie Hall [LIVE]

It was recorded in 1947 and is by far one of the prolific performances of the two lyrical masters of jazz. Their playing of A Night In Tunisia alone is absolutely amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/Carnegie-Charlie-Parker-Dizzy-Gillespie/dp/B000005H9I
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i'm gonna have to go with alice in chains unplugged... though i can name quite a few others that i like - but i've actually been listening to this one quite frequently as of late... ask me again in 2 weeks and i guarantee it'll be something different
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Oh well if we are going OLD SCHOOL I'd go for my Robert Johnson recordings, they are not in front of an audience but they are live, in his living room :ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I wish Robert Johnson would have been alive for modern recording techniques. That guy was a master. Its funny to hear people that don't know blues credit other people with songs that he wrote. Only because they don't know any better.

Then there's Skip James, but there's quite a bit of his recordings around since he actually lived longer (even though he disappeared for about 30 years).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That's a good one, but I've got to second Frampton Comes Alive from a few posts up. Loved it when it came out in the 70s and I still love it! I only have a few that have made it from my album collection to my cd collection and most recently to my iPod. Frampton Comes Alive is one of them- Live at Budokan is in my attic- never even made the transition to CD although maybe I should fix that!

My vote currently (and for a long time) is Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder.

What's yours?

Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder
U2s Under a Blood Red Sky

You certainly have good taste in music, my friend! :)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus

I gotta give Frampton Comes Alive a THUMBS DOWN! I was a big fan of his prior to its release. The clean aspects of his earlier music seemed commercially exploited in Frampton Comes Alive. Then again, my bias is probably similar to people who read the book before it was made into a movie.