swedishcelt

Different reactions to different alcohols...

For instance, Tequila makes me think I am superwoman. (I'm not.)

Vodka makes me a little mean.

Whiskey makes me happy and fun.

Wine seems to just make me well...attractive feeling? :$

Anyways.... do you think it has to do with your mood at the time or does alcohol really have different effects on your personality depending on what you drink... how come some kinds give different people brutal hangovers and others don't?:S

What is your 'magic' combination for fun and mayhem?

I've always thought tequila had some magical powers...

Generally, though, I find that all hard liquor acts in roughly the same manner (different effects depending on whether I am drinking it straight or in mixed drinks).

Wine gives me a lazy, sleepy drunk.

Beer gives me a more fun drunk. Beer is the most self-regulating of the group because there's only so fast I can drink beer and only so much I can drink without feeling over-full.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think sugar is a big contributing factor to hangovers,like mixers with vodka/any spirits. Second biggest cause of hangovers is dehydration. Have a pint (500ml) of water, or 2 if you can before you go to bed, and you wont wake up with a hangover. You might still be pissed (especially if you had wine), but you won't have a hangover!

The most evil of all drinks has to be Absynth! That stuff really makes you bonkers! And has a wicked hangover.
Some dream of flying, i live the dream...

All this talk about Greece in other threads makes me think about ouzo. Easily the most hallucinogenic alcohol I've had (just barely edges out tequila). And it's great fun, too.

Somewhere I made a post about drinking a whole bottle of ouzo the night before my aff 3, but that's another story. :$

you have to drink it right though:

Teaspoon of sugar, dip it in the shot of absynth, light it, let burning sugar/absynth drip into shot for a few seconds, stir rest of sugar in shot, blow out flame, drink, stick hand on glass, suck alcohol fumes out glass between thumb and fore finger when you feel the pressure build up. :ph34r:

3 shots and game over!
Some dream of flying, i live the dream...

Wine seems to just make me well...attractive feeling?

you need wine to make you feel attractive? you shouldn't have that problem! drop me a line, we'll talk:);)

hmm as for me i'm not quite sure, maybe something like
light beer - happy
darker beer - calm
red wine - who want's to kiss?
gin - the perfect buzz and fun
not sure about the other stuff. maybe i'll raid my liquour cabinet tonight and get back to you on the other stuff;)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

I think it may be more of a different mood leads to different choice of drink.

Generally, I dig a beer. It's my normal beverage.
If I am sharing a nice dinner, a glass of wine seems appropriate.

Mixed drinks? Hey, time for a relaxing party.

Bourbon and whiskey? When the beer ain't doing it for me when I'm shotting pool.

The alcohol just intensifies what you are feeling, and what you are feeling controls what alcohol will intensify that feeling. Example? You'll probably not go for a glass of wine when you're bitter and pissed off. That's vodka territory, hence it maks you feel a little mean.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Heres some of mine...

Tequilla - Absolutely silly drunk. "Why would I do that?" is often heard coming from my mouth the next morning...

Miller Lite - Automatic hangover - no questions asked

Rum - Gods gift to women

Boxed Wine - Don't ask...

Jagerbombs - Immunity from the law :P

Orujo 90%. Banned from drinking it, makes me nasty

Gin Tanquerey. Wife dosn't like me drinking it as I get sarcastic.

Barcardi. Makes me all silly an loving

Brandy. No effect

JD. Makes me argumentative

Beer. Makes me sleepy

red Wine. Same as beer

Vodka. Nearly killed me so I leave it alone

Whisky. Same as vodka

Martini. Gives me gut ache

Don't usally get hung over as I don't mix drinks
an when I am hung over 1200mg of Iburofeno cures all

Gone fishing

you have to drink it right though:

Teaspoon of sugar, dip it in the shot of absynth, light it, let burning sugar/absynth drip into shot for a few seconds, stir rest of sugar in shot, blow out flame, drink, stick hand on glass, suck alcohol fumes out glass between thumb and fore finger when you feel the pressure build up. :ph34r:

3 shots and game over!

if there wasn't a stupid ritual, and a dark history, would anyone even bother with this drink?

----
Aside from the effects of sugar, red wine has tannin which affects people in varying ways, plus the possibility of other impurities and sulfites.

All alochols make me funny, loving, enjoy, and fun. None of feeling being apart from different alcohol. Well, I wouldn't drink wine anymore cos it's too hard to buzz or drunk, only drink it for romantic :ph34r::P
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

Obviously tequila and everclear make me sick. B| Found that out after drinking three margaritas made with both...

Vodka - makes me happy

Rum - makes me happier

Whiskey - makes me want to strip down nekkid and dance...

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Vodka makes me sleep with men I would not otherwise.

Bwaaahhaaaahaaa!

I have the opposite reaction usually... I get too drunk and I just shut the hell down.
Nobody gets anywhere except me to a bed. Alone. :D

I have to be lightly buzzed to get the goggles going. ;) Anymore than that and story over. :S:$

hmmm...ab-sin-the

My son just home (Canada) -from holidaze in Europe- amoung contents in his backpack (rolled in sleeping bag and tent)... (woopz) -bottles of MATA HARI - "The Green Fairy" Original Recipe from 1881----60% vol / high content of vermouth/..says it influenced the 19th century artists due to the hallucinogenic effects.........Ernest Hemingway called it "the afternoon death"
????

We have decided that halloween will be good time to experiment with "The Green Fairy" before we carve pumkins........
:P:P:P

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.