Muenkel

Let's all get ntrprnr really psyched up....

As most of us know Peter...aka...ntrprnr has been training real hard for this Sunday's NYC Marathon. This is the first time he will run this marathon. He has ran others in other cities. This is the big kahuna though. He has a goal time, but I have a hunch he will beat it.

Anyway, let's show Peter some support and root him on.

Go Peter!!! Ignore the Kenyans!!!B|

Chris

Good job Lisa.:)
Chris

I'm so excited for him! He's going to do a great marathon...with I could be there to feed him the vodka :ph34r:

I meant wish ...not with..I can't spell when I'm drinking vodka for him :D
WOOHOOOO...GOOO PETERRRR
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

As most of us know Peter...aka...ntrprnr has been training real hard for this Sunday's NYC Marathon. This is the first time he will run this marathon. He has ran others in other cities. This is the big kahuna though. He has a goal time, but I have a hunch he will beat it.

Anyway, let's show Peter some support and root him on.

Go Peter!!! Ignore the Kenyans!!!B|

Chris

AW!!!

Gosh...

Thank you. :)
Thank you Chris, and everyone else... That really, really means something to me. Especially since most of my friends are going to be out of town for one reason or another on Sunday.

Actually, this is the third time I've run NYC, but... It's the first time I've ever trained for a marathon the way I have.

My usual training for the 11 others I've run has been something like, "yeah, I'll run... I suppose. Maybe I'll do some speed word, and I... Ooh! Pizza!"

This one was real. No drinking since June, watching what I ate, and miles... Jesus... The miles... Over 500 of them ran since July. Speedwork, distance... I've really gone all out for this one.

Which is why I'm more scared than I've ever been for any race in my life. When I didn't train, it was easy to chalk up a bad race to it, "Oh, yeah, well, I didn't really train."

This time, though... I DID train. If I don't make the time I want, I've got no one to blame but me... OR something.

So it's a little scary. It's a lot scary, actually.

I'll post my number when I pick it up tomorrow. With my number, you can go to www.ingnycmarathon.com and actually track me at every 5k.

The goal is a sub 4-hour marathon. Anything from 3:59:59 down.

And when I'm done, I'll come home, take my ice bath, and then let you know how I'm feeling. I'll then be able to post drunk for the first time in months and months.

If you're in NYC and are planning on watching, email me - I've got a spreadsheet to send you that lets you enter your friend's projected goal time, and it'll tell you what time to expect them on what corner.

Thanks, everyone. It really does mean a lot. You guys are awesome. :) :)

Actually, this is the third time I've run NYC, but... It's the first time I've ever trained for a marathon the way I have.

This one was real. No drinking since June, watching what I ate, and miles... Jesus... The miles... Over 500 of them ran since July. Speedwork, distance... I've really gone all out for this one.

Which is why I'm more scared than I've ever been for any race in my life. When I didn't train, it was easy to chalk up a bad race to it, "Oh, yeah, well, I didn't really train."

This time, though... I DID train. If I don't make the time I want, I've got no one to blame but me... OR something.

So it's a little scary. It's a lot scary, actually.

Peter.....

Honestly, I don't know how, but I KNOW that you will do well. You will be Happy! :)

You will run and Run and RUN! This training will have been worth it! You feel better and run better!

Just get out there and enjoy the feeling.

Karen

ps I still think it's very COOL! B| I have a lot of respect for you!