matt1215

Weekend Numbers, 23-26 Nov 2006

$550:1:1

Bought a new bed this weekend. Nothing fancy, just bigger. At 6'3", my feet have always hung off the end of fulls.

1 jump at DeLand Friday as part of Scott Miller's canopy course. Made a really nasty landing for Scott. Turned my final a bit too low and learned about recovery arc the hard way B|[:/]. Made an ass of myself, but walked away with only bruised knees.

My :D time riding a full Otter down from 11k. Clouds rolled in after takeoff and weather hold ended the day for jumping.

:|:2:0

Made two jumps yesterday, a tandem and a 5-way freefly w/ tube. Today's my 5th day off in a row and I'm having mimosa's while everything outside is getting covered with snow. Bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns are just waiting on my motivation, so the right company is the only improvement this morning could possibly stand. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

0:3:0

1 Head down where we switched grips on the hill then carved at about 3 feet out 3 times in one direction then stopped and went a few times in the other before breaking off at 5. 1 Tandem video and then 1 wingsuit jump. All from 9500 out of the 182. :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

1:14:A Few

14 great jumps at Skydive Dallas. Several RW loads. Two of those were fun 6 ways that turned 6 points. 4 or 5 wingsuit jumps an excellent stand. Overall great weekend.

Completed my first log book :)
Thanks to everyone at Skydive Dallas. I'll be back down in a month or so for some more fun.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

But on a positive note, we are spreading the "Take me out to the dropzone" song!!

Everyone better learn it!

Or? I must know what the punishment is before i decide if i wanna learn it or not...B|

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

-:4:Lots of $

Shockingly I was able to get 4 in in the NW yesterday, 2 Wingsuit Jumps and 2 Tandems. None today as it is snowing which is another shocking thing for the Seattle area. People I am sure are loosing their minds.. :P

Also did some shopping. A few of the more spendy items included a new eliptical trainer, new Ceramic Top oven/range and a new (ground based) family digital camera. I spent more and put a hurt on my bank ccount but those 3 are just were the bigger ticket items.. Buy for Christmas and use it now I say! No reason to wait, Right????? ;)

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

B|/6/0

I did 6 really fun jumps this weekend at 3 different dropzones, Byron, Skydance and Holister.

1) 2 way with sbs. I stayed on my belly while he carved around me on his head.

2) speed star with ego Mike, Ebusto, WrongWay, and brianfry713.

3) 2 way with brianfry713

4) 4 way with Sarah, skybum02, brianfry713

5) 2 way belly dive with brianfry713

6) 3500 ft hop n pop out of a cessna 206
Fly like a girl

$50:6:1

50 to buy my friend his first solo after finishing AFF (congrats Ross!)

6 jumps total at Byron, one being my first hybrid (beer) with sbs. It was totally spur of the moment, getting on the plane, "wanna jump with me?" sorta thing. We exited with me holding onto his foot for dear life with both hands (when he told me to do this, I was thinking "how is that going to work?"). I did my best to get stable on my belly with my feet as he went head down. Add a barrel roll and a dock, and WOW was it fun. Good times! Thanks again Steve!

I also downsized to a Nav 220, which is quite enjoyable compared to the 260. Also tried a Falcon 215 (not quite as zippy as the Nav 220). A bit of tracking work, and a bit of leg turn practice, and voila!, a very enjoyable t-day weekend at the DZ.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

1/2:5:0

1/2 because, well, I'm trying to remember how that whole dating thing works, but I'm having good luck so far, laying ground work and all that.

Five jumps at Byron on Friday, 4 freefly jumps and 1 speedstar. On pager duty for the rest of the weekend.

3:1:gazillion ;)>:(:ph34r:

3 shots from the shooter girls
1 fun jump with someone who has owed me a full altitude jump for a loooong, looong time and it was even videoed!! (thank you Lee)
I can't even begin to count the things I owe beer for, but let's just say these past 5 days...well, there was hardly ever a dull moment. :o