FlyingJarhead

anything new coming out soon?

I've never seen anyone wearing an altitrack, is there a bias?

I saw one person on our DZ jumping it last season -- this was my first and only time seeing the device so far. He said he loves it.
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...

I jump an alti track and absolutely love it.....

....truth be told, so does everyone I jump with(now they all want one):P

Me too.... every one loves that ***I*** spent the 300 dollars so I can replay the jump for them. :D

I have been happy with it so far. It has been giving funky low speeds for the past four jumps though (80 on the unit) so I will have to report back when I get that figured out.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Likewise at my home DZ. There are a few, myself included, that jump with an Altitrack. None use the JumpTrack software. We've done some comparisons after dives (including the standard ProTrack users) and the data is amazingly consistent between us all.

Doug, funny you mention the strange reading... I did a 3K hop-n-pop this past weekend and the Altitrack recorded the jump as 13K+? However, during exit, face read 3K. First "anomaly" in 125+ jumps.
Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.

It isn't a big deal, and it may be something that is a result of the type of flying I am doing. It occurred on a noodle jump where I was doing all types of crazy transitions and body flight to avoid be whacked. The next three jumps with the issue were head down exits and sit flying with some funny corking.

I may be the problem, but I have to wait till next time I jump to be sure. :D

I just wish I could hit the 65mph it is recording me at sans wingsuit. :D
=P

Dougie, when did you start sit flying?

I don't know if you got the email, but i'm trying to get some tunnel time this Friday. Might be transitioning to sitflying.
Might have to push it off a week or two.

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.

I don't think I ever really started. I don't think I have attempted it on more than five jumps, but the last few I have been able to hold it stable for some time!!!!

I think I am going to save the freeflying for the sky, and use my tunnel time to really nail down my bellflying. But I haven't decided yet.
=P

Aerodyne have been running teaser ads for "Elements" to be shown at PIA. I know no more than that.

Come to PIA and I'll gladly show you what we have up our sleeve ;) trust me you might just be in your Element!

If you pay for my ticket from Sydney, sure :P.

Hey Jar head!

I jump with a Neptune which has been flawless for the past year. I love the logbook, intuitive buttons and the large display. The fact that it is waterproof hasn't been an issue for me yet, but when I start swooping this Spring I won't have to worry.
Alti-2 will be coming out with something new at the PIA this year so I can hardly wait to see what they have done with an already great skydiving tool.
By the way, the firmware is totally upgradeable so don't worry about being left behind when they upgrade, they will fix yours for "free".
Doug
Douglas Henault

Vancouver, BC
604 620 3338