BillyVance

Attacked Man Chokes Vicious Pit Bull

My hat's off to this tough dude. Heal fast! :)

Attacked Man Chokes Vicious Pit Bull
AP
CONROE, Texas (Feb. 1) - A 65-year-old retired truck driver who was attacked by a vicious pit bulldog during a neighborhood walk choked the dog to death as he defended himself.

Von Pardue suffered bites on his arms and hands during the Wednesday attack, which occurred shortly after Pardue began his routine morning walk. Pardue was treated at a local hospital, and the dog's owners could face misdemeanor charges, police said.

Pardue said he heard barking and readied himself when he realized the dog was coming for him.

"I turned to face him, and when I saw it was pit bull, I knew I was in trouble," Pardue said. "I put my hands up and I hollered at him. He immediately jumped to my throat."

Pardue shielded his body by grabbing the dog's head and ears, but the dog shook loose and started biting his right hand. Pardue kneed the dog in the ribs, spurring it to let go of his hand, and then grabbed the dog by its thick collar.

Pardue said he then dragged the dog to his house while maintaining a firm grip on its neck. His wife called police from the house. When the police arrived, Pardue was on the ground with the dog and still holding onto the collar.

Police said Pardue's grip was so tight that he strangled the dog. Pardue said he didn't know the dog was dead until it was unresponsive when police tried to move it.

Emergency medics washed Pardue's bites and he received a tetanus shot and an antibiotic at the hospital, he said.

"If not for the collar, I don't know how I would have ever been able to wrestle him down," said Pardue, who weighs 200 pounds. "The dog was about 80 pounds and very vicious. It was hard to believe the viciousness in which he attacked me, but I was able to contain him."

Sgt. Mike Tindall, a Conroe police spokesman, said the dog's owners hadn't been charged Wednesday, but they could face misdemeanor charges for having a dog at large or for having a dangerous dog.

Tindall said the male dog was picked up by animal control officers in December for running at large. It was given a rabies vaccination and released back to the owner, he said.

The City Council in Conroe, which is located 40 miles north of Houston, is set to vote next week on a proposed dangerous dog ordinance that would require such dogs to be kept in a secure enclosure. The law might have prevented Wednesday's attack, Tindall said.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hells YA!!!! Ya, see, pets? You don't bite the hand that feeds you... or one that resembles the one that feeds you.:D

Kudos:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

"But I don't understand. He was such a loving and cuddley dog. He wouldn't hurt a fly. The guy must have done something to prevoke the dog and anger it."

[/eyeroll]

Good thing it was in Texas that this happened - On the left coast, th eguy would have been charged with animal abuse.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

As funny as that would be I'm pretty sure You could still get away with self defence there. The fact that the dog has been cought before running loose and the owner still didn't do enough to keep it contained is negligence. The old man could sue the owner for medical expenses and i wouldn't be suprised at all if he won.

We have a pitbull that sometimes gets out and runs loose on the streets around my house. The damn thing has come after my dog twice. The owner always comes running along ten minutes later to collect her. I shudder to think what would happen if that dog was all pissed off after trying to get at my dog and the neighbor's little kids come running out to play............[:/][:/]
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

The owner of the dog is an ass.

The poor dog and the old guy that the dog attacked both paid the price for it.

theres no other way to look at it.

I feel bad for the dog, and kudos to the guy for protecting himself.

People seem unable to grasp that as responsible pet owners we not only need to protect other people from our pets, but we need to protect our pets from themselves.

This ass failed on both counts.
__

My mighty steed

With all the animal attacks in the past years, I've thought about what I would do in that situation. I always figured, I'd go for the animals throat while kneeing/kicking it's ribs, then proceed to smash a hole in the concrete with it's head. Reading that the dog was able to 'shake free' has me wondering...

See, everybody should carry a firearm to protect themselves from both two and four legged predators!! :D;)
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

I've thought about what I would do in that situation.

I used to think choking the dog out was a good idea too. However, being around professional dog handlers for the last two years I learned differen't. Most dogs.......especially ones that are big enough to cause you serious injury have VERY muscular necks. Getting at their wind pipe or arteries is going to be tough if not impossible. However.......if you can get ahold of a paw and put a "wrist lock" on him he'll submit quickly! Just bend the paw back as hard as you can.

30 years ago, at 13 years old I was attacked by an "until then" friendly dog St.Bernard.
well, he was 10 lbs.heavier than I was, about 130 lbs. He approached in a pace half running.
as he lunged at me I was able to block my face as he crunched his big fat teeth through my left forearm.
after what seemed an eternity, he let go, I showed him my back and balled up until he was bored.
I ran screaming to grandma's house. I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt, my gram had to extract the fabric of the sweatshirt out of my forearm.....there were no punctures in the material.
my forearm had about a quarter sized hole in it requireing 3 stiches on top 5 on the bottom......thats big fat teeth. no bone damage occured.

I still love dogs of all breeds, even rotties and pit bulls. But, I am 250lbs and not afraid of any solo dog attack. I will fuck that dog up with no remorse and now,
I know another way "how to do it"
I applaude this man for ridding the community of a potential child killer.
stay safe,
jimoke
The ground always, remembers where you are!

>See, everybody should carry a firearm to protect themselves
>from both two and four legged predators!!

I can imagine all the ER stories that would ensue once people start pulling guns on dogs that have already bitten them. "Doc, I was sure my hand was out of the way! The dog must have moved at the last minute . . . did anyone see my fingers?"

The owner of the dog is an ass.

The poor dog and the old guy that the dog attacked both paid the price for it.

theres no other way to look at it.

I feel bad for the dog, and kudos to the guy for protecting himself.

People seem unable to grasp that as responsible pet owners we not only need to protect other people from our pets, but we need to protect our pets from themselves.

This ass failed on both counts.

exactly, I couldnt think of a better way to put it.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Now he should strangle the owners, since the cops aren't going to do shit about them. In EVERY case of a bad dog, you need look no further than the owner to find the reason why. People should be allowed to shoot unleashed dogs - and their owners.

And yes, I fuckin' HATE dogs. they're cowardly pack animals who are just waiting for their next opportunity.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

>See, everybody should carry a firearm to protect themselves
>from both two and four legged predators!!

I can imagine all the ER stories that would ensue once people start pulling guns on dogs that have already bitten them. "Doc, I was sure my hand was out of the way! The dog must have moved at the last minute . . . did anyone see my fingers?"

:D:D:D

But really, much better than having to choke the damn dog to death. Especially for someone as small as my wife, we'll take our chances with a good pistol. Sorry if my red neck is showing too much.:)

Just bend the paw back as hard as you can.

the joint would be weaker if you bent it to the side though, simple mechanics, it would require less strength to break this way.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Between the wrist-lock mentioned above and shoving one's fist down the throat... I can think of no better way to win a fight against a dog.

Its very easy to poke a dog eyes out with your fingers...
dogs cant bite what they cant see.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Between the wrist-lock mentioned above and shoving one's fist down the throat... I can think of no better way to win a fight against a dog.

Its very easy to poke a dog eyes out with your fingers...
dogs cant bite what they cant see.

And it hurts like a bitch... this is exactly what the guy did to the shark that swallowed his head last week.

Always go for the eyes of any animal that attacks you if you can do it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

See, everybody should carry a firearm to protect themselves from both two and four legged predators!!

I would not care to quote the number of dogs I had to kill while growing up on the farm. Strays were simply not tollerated in my part of the country. Also, if your dog fucked up and bit another person as they were walking by, you were likely to take an ass whoopin.

I walk a 4-mile path here behind the airport and there are dogs all along the route. Today, one of the pit bulls got out of the fence and barked at me for about 20 feet. He didn't seem angry but it scared the shit out of me. The guys lives on a corner and looks like he breeds them. He has at least 8.

There used to be a guy in our neighborhood that walked like 6 pomeranians and carried a putter. I might have to steal his idea from him. That, and I'm going to start carrying a cell phone in case I get stuck on the other side of the road and need to call for a ride home!:D

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here