jasonRose

Elsinore sends bill in the mail.

I was in Elsinore back in November 2006 and they decided to send me a bill for a jump I never did. My log book says 6 jumps and is confirmed with the video I shot however manifest says 7 jumps.

I thought it very odd that they send me a bill almost four months later.

What should I do?:S

Edit to add: Bad ass place to jump, plan on returning someday.
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

Wow, is that a new practice? Imagine that...people start running tabs...hmmm. :)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Wow, is that a new practice? Imagine that...people start running tabs...hmmm. :)

It used to be done that way at many DZs. At Palatka, we would drop off a signed check at manifest and settle up at the end of the weekend, or the next week, or the next... It was a real easy way of keeping track of jumps without having to log after each one.

I was at The Ranch in June 2004. A year or so later, they sent me a bill that said I still owed them for a jump that was supposedly done in my name AFTER I left NY. :S

I ignored it. They've never contacted me about it again.
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

At a dropzone I used to jump at years ago...they were going out of business and decided to clean up the books. They sent me a bill for six jumps.

I always log daily.....even as a Jumpmaster and TM/I. I knew I didnt have any outstanding jumps unpaid. I spoke with one of the partners and he insisted that I was wrong. We almost went to blows.

Jason...if you call Elsinore tell them I said you could have the jump I still have on the books there.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I was in Elsinore back in November 2006 and they decided to send me a bill for a jump I never did. My log book says 6 jumps and is confirmed with the video I shot however manifest says 7 jumps.

Your evidence of the log book and the video don't support you enough. It would still have been possible for you to have manifested for a load and missed it. If you want to jump there again, its probably best to call them and speak with them in a reasoned fashion, stating your evidence, and asking if they have a time for the load that they say you didn't pay. You might get more information to support your case. Be prepared for them to stand firm and if you want to jump there again be prepared to pay. I would avoid bitching as it usually turns out bad.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Just ask them to use the credit I have there. Probably about 5 jumps or so, unused for about 14 months.:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I don't get it. Like any other business, they want to clean up the books from time to time.
The last thing we did when we shut for the winter last year was send out bills for outstanding accounts. If someone insists they either a)paid for that jump or b) checked their records and are sure they didn't jump, then we write it off. Just call them and tell them there has been a bookkeeping error. It happens in every other business on the planet, why not at the DZ?

I had a similar problem with some comp jumps I received for bringing in three first jump students one day. Which is slightly different, as I didn't actually have to pay for any of the jumps. But due to a mistake with the system between manifest and the office, I was asked to pay for two of the jumps. I was able to straighten things out in a reasonable manner. Courtesy goes a long long way in resolving these kinds of problems.

Something else that helps is to never run a tab. Personally I always pay for ALL my jumps in advance, on my budget it's the only way I can do it. and then if there's a problem later, I can always begin the discussion with "You know I ALWAYS pay in advance".

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

That's why I go by the psuedo name Captain America, when I set up accounts at DZ's
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

How about an ethical test. I'll send them a check and a letter explaining my side of the story and give them the option of tearing up the check or cshing it if they find my story to be unreasonable.

20 bucks is just 20 bucks in th eend!;)
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

How about an ethical test. I'll send them a check and a letter explaining my side of the story and give them the option of tearing up the check or cshing it if they find my story to be unreasonable.

20 bucks is just 20 bucks in th eend!;)

Good idea.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo