kungen

How did Your passion for Skydiving begin?

When people asked me why i loved skydiving more than anything,
i didn't really know what to answer, to me skydiving was something obivous and that it should be me asking why they didn't have an equally great passion for it.

I think my obsession began when i was very young and i saw something on TV, about skydivers and thrill seekers. It just got me ever sence i have loved all kinds of adrenalin pumping activities. And now in the days when I'm a bit older i admire the curage it takes to jump out of an air plane (over and over agian)

What is your storie?

Just keep fallin'

Last AFF level, as I looked at my JM, she give me the thumbs up, I knew I'd done all TLOs and still had time to play. Fell on my belly, looked at the view... Fucking A.:)

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Wakeboarding.

I lived in the mecca of pro-wakeboarders, wakeboarded, was naturally quite good but went to college and stopped wakeboarding. Wakeboarders have a short pro lifespan. I figured I'd major in magazine journalism and pursue Vogue or Wakeboarding magazine (I know, funny combo. I'm a gemini.B|).

Anywho, thought skysurfing was super-cool and looked fun. Like most whuffos--had no idea everything else skydiving was truly about, until I went. I learned. And I loved.

That and I had a shitty driving record--lots of speeding tickets. The only insurance company that would write me was some hole-in-the-wall joint (Florida No Fault said yes!) in Gainesville where I went to school...and as I was sitting...waiting...for hours...I happened to be stuck next to a super cool skydiver chick that had just returned from a world record jump in Thailand (you know who you are! thank you!) and she was so open to me, and spoke so passionately. And I wanted to understand what she meant. And now I do.:)
Edit: You know, now that I think about it---I think once I did my first jump, the people more than anything else sparked my passion. I've met some of the best people in my life in this sport.

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Skydive Daytona. I went for my first jump signed up for AFF1. I knew beforehand I'd want to be certified. But I didn't know Level One took all day. So I did a tandem (on the beachB|) since I was there and rescheduled for AFF1.

My father used to live near Skydive Deland...I now love Skydive Deland, but I called there and they were so "assembly line" when I called. I was going to be by myself, not to mention I'm a royal shopper/researcher, so I also called several other DZs nearby and the woman at Skydive Daytona was SOOOO nice and friendly and excited to have me there, etc. I'm a sucker, I guess. But, SO happy I am b/c Skydive Daytona will always and forever have the most special place in my heart. I think when it closed a little piece of me went with it. I might even still be at the DZ every single weekend if it were still open and my "family" were still there.

I hear our pilot and some others went to Williston, though and I have yet to visit there. But I will someday.:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

We were home on a "long leave" from Saudi Arabia. I was eight, and we were watching TV at Grandpa's house. Something like "Wide World of Sports" or another was showing Bell helmeted, belly warted B-4 container outfitted "men" passing a baton.

I swore I would do it some day. Twenty years later I did. Bell helmeted, belly warted and all.

The year was 1958, I think. :S

Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

The year was 1958, I think

Too funny...I remember watching that on TV when I was like 4 and thinking that it was just too cool and that I wanted to do that someday. Must have been '62 or so 'cause I was born in '58.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I got in to jumping after my last divorce. (Don't ask how many) I had this idea in the back of my mind since I was a kid. So now here I am walking out of the court house looking for something to do????? Signed up for my first jump class along with both of my sons. (The first Ex was really happy about that)
Took my class and jumped. By the time I made my landing I was already contemplating my next jump. Now I am licensed and have 2 rigs. No wife (can't afford it)

So when do we jump next.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

The passion began because of the adrenaline rush.

The passion grew because of the people.

In four more years I'll be sharing that rush with my 14 year old daughter. She already shares my love of the people.

I love this sport but the attitude of the people is what I love most about it.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

I saw a movie on TV called "Skydive" and it had a bit of everything, from pogo BASE off El Cap to (what seemed like) big formations.

It took another 8 years till I found myself on a DZ and did my 1st jump, but from that day I knew what I wanted to do.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

As long as I can remember skydiving has always been on my "list of things to do before I die". When I was 21 I happened to drive by a dropzone and wrote down their phone number. I called them as soon as I got home and scheduled my first jump. It's been down hill ever since. I originally thought it would just be a one time deal. That first jump was amazing.

When I was little.. maybe 8 or something. My dad, who is a college professor, invited one of his graduate students over for dinner with the family and to come talk to me about skydiving. She was president of the Virginia Tech Skydiving club. I thought that chick was the coooolest ever! She showed me her rig and how to pack it and showed me some pictures. That encounter definitely left an impression on me about what an actual skydiver was like. It made me feel pretty special to get my own introduction to the sport in that way!

Soo.. then ten years later I did my first jump and immediately felt like I belonged. I belong in the air and with the people.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Mine began when I was about 10 when my brother took me up to langer u.k to see him jump, as soon as I saw him land I knew this was the sport for me finally got the money to qualify last year and I know I will never stop!!
If you can't take care, take cover!!!

Nayf

The real passion hit me on jump #71.
That's when I organized and participated in the first ever Georgia State POPSs record. It was only a 12-way but to me it was the greatest thing on Earth.

Prior to that I was having lots of fun and jumping as often as I could but seeing the video of the record jump put the whammy on my ass.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I was already Airborne so I knew what being dope on rope was all about. Home on leave and in them thar days it was all static-line traiining. For me, it was the first time I hit terminal. It just fucking felt right.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

My sis was visiting from CA around the time of my 31st birthday. She was going to buy me a massage for my B-day, but we got on the subject of phobias because I'm very claustrophobic. Anyway, she asked me if I enjoyed roller coasters and I said yes. Then she asked me if I would like skydiving. My reply was "sure, why not?" So guess what she got me for my birthday instead of a massage? I've never received so much out of a birthday gift.

It's amazing how one conversation can change your life forever.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28