windcatcher

How long did it take you to get your bachelor's degree?

I didn't know they gave out scholarships for hotness.

You're silly! Not that I'm really that hot now, but I definitely wasn't back then. I had very few dates in High School.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You're silly! Not that I'm really that hot now, but I definitely wasn't back then. I had very few dates in High School.
\

Hey !.... I too, had very few dates in High School.... ( as in None .. hahaha)
( and I was the varsity football captain....:S go figure!!!!;)..
I have seen Pictures skymama, which you have posted here, from when you were in H S and College, and if you say you're not hot,,
so be it,,,
BUT you certainly were, and still are, preety and I bet you had lots going for you then, since you still do... NOW...:$:$

As to the original question,,,, 4 yrs... no summers. had to take 21 credits my spring semester Sr. year.... but managed. Majored in Anthropology and Minored in History....
When asked what did I "take Up" . in college , i used to reply. " The seat of a more deserving student" !.:DB|;)
Also majored in Skydiving, started the fall of my Soph. year. graduated college with 325 jumps.. .My folks drove 350 miles for commencement in the morning and a visit to the DZ for the afternoon. I made 3 jumps,, that day, including one of my early Jumps on a Para Plane Cloud, ( 1975)... My folks loved the visit...
without college, who knows if I wouldda found skydiving....
jmy

Stuck-up preppy girls don't put out, so they get no play. :P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

26 years (though I did get an AAS 5 years sooner); I don't know if it was worth it except for the feeling of finally doing it.

And the look on my Mom's face when she unwrapped it as a "loaner" gift that next Christmas.;)

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

about 6 years
2 years for assoc degree in science
2 years for assoc degreein nursing
1/2 yr for additional pre reqs
1 1/2yrs for the BSN

then since i thought I needed more abuse
2 years for the master's in nursing.

Hopefully I am done now.;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

About 12 years! I was trying to do it without borrowing money. Then I had the opportunity to buy some land and build a small house, so that was a set back financially. I didn't want to be a timber faller all my life, and finally finished school.

My Masters took about three years, while working full time.....Steve1

You really seemed to need a masters or PhD to get a decent paying job.

You aren't in sales, are you?

:P

I have to respectfully disagree with you there. :)

no I am not in sales. I guess I chose the wrong career.[:/]
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

5 years and a couple of summers.

But, the second Bachelor's only took a couple of years.

First one was in psychology. Second was music.

Heck yes it was worth it...I'm currently unemployed but creative as crap.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

40 years (from birth) took another 12 to earn two masters. I hope to have a Ph.D. before i turn 70. ;)

I once told a friend, I'll be 52 when I graduate next year! (emphasizing how I was getting too old to keep going to school) his simple reply was, "How will you be next year if you don't graduate?" ;)

Sara, have you checked into SNU's (www.snu.edu)adult program? They have a good undergrad pysch degree that is easy to get done in 18 months. (since I assume you have basics taken care of)
http://tulsa.snu.edu/?p={FDE6FD49-949D-4784-8084-680CE3CA863F}

steveOrino

I still haven't decided if i'm gonna get a bachelors degree. I will graduate next spring with my associates and i'm thinking that's good enough for me.

It was good enough for me too. I received my Associates Degree in Secretarial Science two years after graduating from high school. I'm sure they don't even call it that any more because it isn't PC these days. Have you noticed that we no longer have National Secretaries Day? They changed it to some sort of administrative professionals day... same difference...

Degrees don't necessarily have much to do with income. I have enough disposable income to skydive whenever I want. Now if I only had as much energy to skydive as often as I wanted! [:/]
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Something like 14 years and almost 400 credits to get a BA, then 2 more quarters to finish my teaching certificate. Had a break of about 6 years in the middle w/o any classes. Then 7 years post BA another 18 months while working f/t to get a masters. My advice to my kids and whoever will listen is to stick it out and get it done. Shoulda, woulda coulda...

If I had made the same choices then as I ended up making, I could retire next year. Instead, I'm looking at another 13 years.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

Depends on the job.

A few years back, I was sitting next to a guy who did the same job I did. Different title, same work. I made something like $15K more than he did, just because I had a degree.

Or it depends on the company. Most people assume that they will earn more by having a higher education. I've been at my job for 25 years. My company has rewarded me for sticking around so long. :)
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I still haven't decided if i'm gonna get a bachelors degree.

I still haven't decided if I'm gonna get an associates degree. I can finish up what I need to transfer in two more semesters, or I can finish what I need to graduate in three more semesters. Not sure that a piece of paper to hang on the wall is worth the extra semester.

To answer the original question, it looks like it's going to take 28+ years from high school graduation to bachelor's degree. :ph34r:

11 years!! I was in New Mexico state before I joined up(Navy). Five deployments, a considerable amount of underway time, complications created by 9/11 slowed down my studies. Got my Bachelors in Management, minor in Finance. Starting Masters in Finance in the fall now that my ship is in the yards.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln