BillyVance

Did the flight attendant go too far?

She then stood up and marched to her room, lower lip leading the way, and three emphatic steps/stomps were accompanied by "Shit...shit...shit!"

That visual was priceless.

Yep, no doubt! I don't think I could have held myself back from busting out laughing right there. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think it's so funny when people that don't have kids rant about their 'tax money' paying for schools...because you weren't a kid that went to school, played on public park playground equipment, or used a library, right? :D
Other peoples' tax money paid/pay for your safety and education, too. :S

Of course you think it's funny because you benefit from other people subsidizing your choice to have kids. Hilarious.

As for me going to school and all that, yes I did and my parents paid taxes and enjoyed the same benefits as you. Just because something is a long-standing practice doesn't make it right.

I can understand the "kids are our country's future" argument for all taxpayers paying for education, but the problem is we don't weed out the ones who will obviously not be contributors so it's a pointless argument.

In this country there seems to be an attitude that having kids is a human right, whether the parents are prepared to take responsibility or not. Sure, have kids that you can't afford or control, the government will help you out. So what if your kid annoys the living hell out of others? You have a God-given right to take that kids anywhere you want and fuck everyone who has to put up with the kid's smell, behavior, noise, or whatever. Not all of us think that way.

And we'll pay for it again when you're too old to take care of yourself...or you f* up your next jump and miraculously live through it but are paralyzed for life and your job dumps you and you can't provide for your own housing and food any more...on and on.

Well I suppose that's ok because I've paid for a bunch of others' kids. How about we make a deal? I'll pay for your kids if you give up all of *your* entitlements to government money? Sound fair? Kind of works for me.

And again back to the original subject, nobody is more annoyed than me when it comes to kids misbehaving due to poor discipline...but I stand behind my statement that an 18 month old baby talking after an 11 hour delay in an airport is not misbehaving.

Yakking during the safety briefing on a plane is misbehaving. Period. End of story. I agree that the kid is not responsible, but the parent *is*--at least in my world.

Walt

I saw the mom on tv this morning. She said she was trying to distract the child during the flight attendant's safety speech. She also added that when the flight attendant told the pilot to turn the plane around, that many passengers told the FA the baby was not bothering them and that they should move on. Mom thinks it then turned into an ego thing for the FA.

She also said they used another airline to return home. On that flight, the child actually did throw a temper tantrum, which I can understand after all they had been through that day. She said the FA's on that flight immediately offered juice and crackers to the boy, he calmed down and went to sleep.

The FA should be reprimanded. It's never appropriate to seriously suggest giving a toddler medicine just to shut them up.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

On my flight out to chicago yesterday i had a little fucker that just wouldn't stop crying, seriously. Granted the parens were trying their best but its fucking annoying to the rest of us. How about next time i get on the plane i just continually shout and start screaming. I will just blame my torrets.
Same as out in public, if you have a kid that is a little cunt, then keep the little bastrd indoors.

No excuse for ahh its just a cute baby. That is why i always trave with xanax. All airlines should provide 2 xanax and a few beers per passenger when you have a little twat on board screaming.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

No excuse for ahh its just a cute baby. That is why i always trave with xanax. All airlines should provide 2 xanax and a few beers per passenger when you have a little twat on board screaming.

What was it you told the Flight attendant that kept commenting on your rig??:D:D:D

And while we are on the subject.. IF someone doesnt fit in a Regular sized seat.. Make them Buy two seats, Right??:D:D

And while we are on the subject.. IF someone doesnt fit in a Regular sized seat.. Make them Buy two seats, Right??:D:D

Yes!!! As long as the seats are designed to hold normally sized passengers, the abnormally large should pay for and get two adjacent seats. Alternately, the abnormally small could be given the option of a seat next to a fat fuck in exchange for a steep discount (e.g. 40%).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yes!!! As long as the seats are designed to hold normally sized passengers, the abnormally large should pay for and get two adjacent seats. Alternately, the abnormally small could be given the option of a seat next to a fat fuck in exchange for a steep discount (e.g. 40%).

Blues,
Dave

How about a pregnant woman?

Walt

Blues,
Dave

Walt

I've seen plenty of pregnant women who could fit in a normal seat. They tend to grow forwards, not sideways, so I'd say treat them like any other passenger.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

This thread is brought to you by the letters F & O and is sponsored by the Council for Tolerance & Understanding.

Thank you for listening to this bull shit announcement that we give every flight and is of no use to man nor beast but is mandated by a bunch of people who dont give a fuck about you anyway.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I'd rather be by a crying baby than a stinky person on a flight. The kid will eventually settle down but the stinky person will emit foul odors the entire flight!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In this country there seems to be an attitude that having kids is a human right, whether the parents are prepared to take responsibility or not.

It is a human right, the problem is we've taken away the corollary right to abandon them in the woods if we want to.

Walt

Give them a first class seat. They're uncomfortable enough as it is. Then again, the airlines strongly discourages pregnant women in the 3rd trimester from flying.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In this country there seems to be an attitude that having kids is a human right, whether the parents are prepared to take responsibility or not.

It is a human right, the problem is we've taken away the corollary right to abandon them in the woods if we want to.

indeed.

Ok, Let's start a list of airlines approved by people who travel with their fucked up kids and don't control them. At least the rest of us will know which airlines to avoid.

This may be the way to go... I'll certainly pay more to KNOW i wont have to try to sleep with a squalling brat screaming in an enclosed space for 6 hours.

or discipline them for that matter..

Had this woman actually done what everyone is saying she should have, they would have had her arrested for child abuse.

It's a no win situation for a lot of parents. not all, but a lot.

I never had a problem like this with my children, but there are certainly many times a parent could not feel more helpless in life. Kids do not always behave properly. Accept it people. Drugging them is NOT the way to deal with it....oh wait that IS what our society does now days isn't it? :S:S:S

and we wonder why we have some of the problems we have....:|

Mom thinks it then turned into an ego thing for the FA.

An FA with an ego problem? Noooooooooo!

Paid my fare, gonna wanna complain,
You get to me you're always out of Champagne,
Treat me like a bum cause I don't wear a tie,
You ain't nothin but a waitress in the sky,
You ain't nothin but a waitiress in the sky.

Sanitation expert and a maintenance engineer,
Garbage man & janitor is what you are my dear,
A real union flight attendant my oh my,
You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky,
You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

What was it you told the Flight attendant that kept commenting on your rig??:D:D:D

Absofuckinglutely, jello, post that pic of the guy that was sat next to me. he made me look anorexic. Seriously, the whole flight i was leaning over because his blubber was hanging over..No shit.
Also, try and show how the TSA are thoroughly doing their job.:S:S They let my rig complete with a hook knife go straight through as hand lugagge. Yet they felt my tooth paste and cologne was a much bigger problem they confiscated those.:S I would post the pics i took from my cell but i am an idiot sorry.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

...but I stand behind my statement that an 18 month old baby talking after an 11 hour delay in an airport is not misbehaving.

Amen. As a father of two (that I know of...) I'm close to calling that a miracle! :P
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

I saw the mom on tv this morning.

I don't know how to make a link or I'd post it. I just watched it on their website.

They had to remove the kid from the set because the mother had no control over the kid.

Diane couldn't even do a proper interview for trying to help contain the child.

My parents would have put up with that behavior about 10 seconds.

I understood,"Sit down and shut up." at an early age.