ntrprnr

So how weird am I? I kinda want to get Pepper Sprayed...

OK. I know this sounds totally weird, but hear me out...

Back in January, I got Tasered. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2606395#2606395

It was surprisingly interesting. And I can chalk it off my "to do" list. I found the whole experience well worth it, just from a learning standpoint. Does that make any sense?

Anyhow, was talking to BlueSkiesKel, who told me that she was required to get Pepper Sprayed in the Coast Guard before she was allowed to carry it.

So... I kinda want to know what that feels like, too.

Am I totally weird for this?

I'm not some pain-fetish guy or anything - really, I'm not... I'm just curious. It's not even a "makes me stronger" type macho thing - I just really am curious as to how it might feel.

I'm imagining it like on a Friday night or something. Have a glass of wine to relax, and then do it - totally safe environment, plenty of water to flush out the eyes, etc... Have someone like Kelly or whomever do it - not alone, obviously.

So now we get 100 people telling me how stupid I am, or how stupid this is... Or whatever.

Go. :)

So now we get 100 people telling me how stupid I am, or how stupid this is... Or whatever.

99 to go:P
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I was once at a party where a guy thought it would be funny to spray pepper-spray up into the ceiling fan. Just being in the room was painful/annoying enough for me. But I totally see where you're coming from, so I say go for it... and don't forget to get video!:)

I'm imagining it like on a Friday night or something. Have a glass of wine to relax, and then do it ... Have a beer to relax, tell a friend to hold my beer and watch (with a video camera), and then do it ...

Your version sounds like a fetish. :P
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I was once at a party where a guy thought it would be funny to spray pepper-spray up into the ceiling fan. Just being in the room was painful/annoying enough for me.

Yeh, that just reminded me in high school once a group of us were walking through the hall and all started choking and coughing. Once we got through that area somebody else said that some pepper spray had been used there like 20 minutes ago.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I've been CSd both directly with a jet in the face and exposure in a CS environment.

CS isn't too bad, I just had a sensation of burning skin but I could battle on. The only problem is moisture reactivates the crystals so when I had a nice cup of tea afterwards the steam from the cup reactivated the reaction in my eyes which hurt like hell, much worse than the actual spray. The only remedy is to stand with your eyes open facing the wind.

I have also been hit accidently indirectly with PAVA (pepper spray) and I couldn't see as my eyes just continually streamed, I immediatly started uncontrollably coughing and my skin burnt (sensation, not literally). That lasted about 30 mins. I hate to think what a direct hit would have been like.

Its good though as when you know what the sensation is like, its not such a shock and it helps you to battle through it should you need to. You can identify when your getting the symptoms of the spray and not panic which is the most important thing.

People really freak out. So much so that when someone was sprayed with an inert training spray (water) which they forgot to remove from their holder they freaked out which still allowed time to gain control of the subject before they realised how stupid they'd been! :D

Exposure training is no big deal.

Geting PAVAd directly in the eyes is a bit different though.

One gripe I do have about PAVA is it is supposedly not meant to cross contaminate, but thats bullshit. Being in an environment where PAVA has been used is worse than being in a CS environment.

I dunno. I'm not really sure it's all that crazy.

I don't see it being very much different than gas mask training and tear gas.

Yeah... but I believe I'm going to have to do that in the middle of next month... I've done it before... I don't feel the need to ever do it again... :|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I have an uncle in Chicago who was a cop and I'm not sure how it got started but, some how when I was a little kid we wanted him to show us his pepper spray. Again I'm not sure how it got to this point since I was like 8 years old but, he ended up spraying it in to a sink....while standing less than foot away:| That part I remember clearly:D:D Needless to say after seeing that I never want to be near that stuff!

Fly like a girl

OK. I know this sounds totally weird, but hear me out...

Back in January, I got Tasered. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2606395#2606395

It was surprisingly interesting. And I can chalk it off my "to do" list. I found the whole experience well worth it, just from a learning standpoint. Does that make any sense?

Anyhow, was talking to BlueSkiesKel, who told me that she was required to get Pepper Sprayed in the Coast Guard before she was allowed to carry it.

So... I kinda want to know what that feels like, too.

Am I totally weird for this?

I'm not some pain-fetish guy or anything - really, I'm not... I'm just curious. It's not even a "makes me stronger" type macho thing - I just really am curious as to how it might feel.

I'm imagining it like on a Friday night or something. Have a glass of wine to relax, and then do it - totally safe environment, plenty of water to flush out the eyes, etc... Have someone like Kelly or whomever do it - not alone, obviously.

Pay for my tandem and I'll pepper spray ya :-). Pepper spray SUCKS. There's different strengths and a friend of mine had a strong one, the high $$$$ fined aerosol then the wetter ones. He sprayed it up in a door way right before i walked in...

Congested, watery burning eyes, nose running, sinuses on fire, etc. Go put a habenaro pepper sauce in water and snort it then rub your eyes for all the same effect lol.

You know, I've been tasered and pepper sprayed (with LEO grade OC). I'd MUCH rather get tasered then sprayed. Simply since once the 5 second burst is over with the taser, the pain is over. With OC it lasts a few hours.

If you do get OCed, treat with some cool water and Johnson's no tear baby shampoo. Sounds goofy, but it works. Be warned, when you shower after the fact, wash your face/head very very well before you let the water run down your body from your face.:o Also, it goes without saying that you should be sprayed by someone with actual training so its applied correctly and decontamination is done correctly.

I can understand your curiosity, it makes sense.

When you got tasered, was it with a real taser or a stun gun? Was it a drive stun or with the probes (or training clips)?

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Peter,

I'm going to repo a car this Sunday - I will be packing pepper spray - if you'd like to stand alongside the other person I'm sure I could accomodate! >:(

Be very careful of angry midgets!!! :ph34r:

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Why not just go see your friendly local army training post and ask for a tour of the gas chamber?

That sucked just waiting in line to go in. B|

It felt like a fine sawdust that you were taking into your mouth and lungs. B|B|

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.